Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yeah when I saw it, I thought it would have a lil more different animations when casting/attacking/emotes. The fire isn't too bad but its not as different as other sets have had it. Like Deathknights had shoulders from boney look to glowing blue. You definitely know when they're doing special attacks.

And yes a kilt version please

So, druids get the new awesome looking lightning amimation on their set, and we got some reused fire. Oh, and you wont able to see most of your casting animation from the back. The basic look of the armor is not bad, but I'm not too happy with the animation :\

Deleted
    this set is my least fav shaman one. The totems look so out of proportion, i reckon it would look better with just one. The head piece is nice though.

You know what would be cool? If those totem things were cannons. :3

Just seen the two sets triggering effects. While I prefer the shaman armour model, the effects on the druid one far surpass the shaman ones. I know Druids have got a certain amount of 'wind' stuff in their lore, but it seems every expansion the lines between druids and shaman gets blurred more, usually with druids encroaching on the whole 'elements' thing.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Just seen the two sets triggering effects. While I prefer the shaman armour model, the effects on the druid one far surpass the shaman ones. I know Druids have got a certain amount of 'wind' stuff in their lore, but it seems every expansion the lines between druids and shaman gets blurred more, usually with druids encroaching on the whole 'elements' thing.
    Druids have the "nature" thing, including all natural forces and elements.

Shaman are mucking about with extraplanar forces.

The end result looks similar, but the lore and basis is completely different. They're about as different as they are from, say, a Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Druids have the "nature" thing, including all natural forces and elements.

Shaman are mucking about with extraplanar forces.

The end result looks similar, but the lore and basis is completely different. They're about as different as they are from, say, a Mage.
    Perhaps but I can understand why both a Mage and a Shaman can use fire and Frost magic. I don't think Druids used any lightning themed stuff in WC3, and it's only become a more recent thing since Hurricane got a visual upgrade and Druid T11. It's just a clash I cannot be terribly happy about when it allows for similar spell effects to be used on two classes, but one looks far superior.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Perhaps but I can understand why both a Mage and a Shaman can use fire and Frost magic. I don't think Druids used any lightning themed stuff in WC3, and it's only become a more recent thing since Hurricane got a visual upgrade and Druid T11. It's just a clash I cannot be terribly happy about when it allows for similar spell effects to be used on two classes, but one looks far superior.
    I wouldn't say the druid one is "superior"; it's an aura-type effect, and I'm actually preferring the ones that are tied directly to the armor's morphology, like ours, the DK's, and the Priest's. I find the DK one, if anything, less impressive than ours, though it's thematically appropriate. And the Mage one in particular seems unimpressive to me.

The Druid one's nice too, I just like ours more. If there was a bit more "oomph" to it, like say a "puff" of fire/smoke when we start casting in addition to the existing effect, it'd be perfect in my eyes.

And druids have plenty of storm/wind magic, particularly nowadays. Not lightning in particular, but really, that's more a complaint about the Druid's visual than a statement that it should've been the Shaman visual. I like our totemshoulders, I'm definitely planning on using 'em in MoP once we get challenge modes down.

I dislike the set in general, with or with out talking tiki shoulders. We already have access to several tribal sets and colors, a new one was not necessary. My main concern, however, is the appearance of the set on a dwarf. Love the race, but almost all the armor sets were made for tauren and draenei.

this set is horrible looking what drugs were being used when someone thought it would be a good idea to put a totem on shoulder armor? To top it off they could have made it look decent but noooooo they stack masssssive totems on your shoulders so dumb and the fire animation...... really could you give any less thought to this its bad enough u shît on shaman specs at least make us look good
    - Lostep -

I actually like the shaman set. The overly flashy effects like the rogue smoke effect or the druid lightning effect would be cool for a week or 2 but would get extremely annoying imo. This set looks awesome on goblins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramstone View Post
    I dislike the set in general, with or with out talking tiki shoulders. We already have access to several tribal sets and colors, a new one was not necessary. My main concern, however, is the appearance of the set on a dwarf. Love the race, but almost all the armor sets were made for tauren and draenei.
    You know, shaman lived in tribes so that's why we got more and more tribals sets... Trolls says something to you? Firsts and only "true" shamans.

The gear fit perfectly humans, what goblin or gnomes should say? Tauren and draenei are just bigger, they looks great with plate/mail gear while they seems odd with cloth gear.

Basically, it looks ridicules. In my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Biotics83 View Post
    this set is horrible looking what drugs were being used when someone thought it would be a good idea to put a totem on shoulder armor? To top it off they could have made it look decent but noooooo they stack masssssive totems on your shoulders so dumb and the fire animation...... really could you give any less thought to this its bad enough u shît on shaman specs at least make us look good
    I tend to agree. We said we wanted to be able to strap our totems to our backs and carry them around, but I don't think that's what we meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I wouldn't say the druid one is "superior"; it's an aura-type effect, and I'm actually preferring the ones that are tied directly to the armor's morphology, like ours, the DK's, and the Priest's. I find the DK one, if anything, less impressive than ours, though it's thematically appropriate. And the Mage one in particular seems unimpressive to me.

The Druid one's nice too, I just like ours more. If there was a bit more "oomph" to it, like say a "puff" of fire/smoke when we start casting in addition to the existing effect, it'd be perfect in my eyes.

And druids have plenty of storm/wind magic, particularly nowadays. Not lightning in particular, but really, that's more a complaint about the Druid's visual than a statement that it should've been the Shaman visual. I like our totemshoulders, I'm definitely planning on using 'em in MoP once we get challenge modes down.
    I'd rather see our armour surging with the lightnign as we used abilities, would seem more appropriate. In fact, surging with any element, rather than the tops of the totems being a bit more firey. The visual effect just isn't big enough for me, and unless it's posible to make an addon that casts /roar before any hotkey press, the other effect wont be seen in combat.

Actually, I wonder if I could make a /roar addon for shaman... hmm...
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, folks, if you don't like it, it's transmog gear. Just don't use it. Problem solved.

Raging because of a cosmetic option that you don't have any need to use is silly. It's like raging that you wanted to die your hair hot pink but the store was out of stock.

Not really true, since currently it is the only challenge mode gear available and if you don't like it that's one less reward you're 'getting' from challenge modes compared to classes with armour you do like.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really really disappointed, that we dont get a kilt. I think it really doesn't fit the shaman class to wear pants.

this is just another reason why i should re-roll back to my holy paladin for mop
    - Lostep -

Looks nice on trolls but doesn't go too well with Resto spells. I'll probably pass on this.