Poll: Would you be able to live in a world without any electronics & electricity?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't be easy, but I'm sure I'd survive somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Really? Who was it?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18471350

He did not say specifically what it was, but as the show came out on the same channel on the same night and channel he said it did, I think that's the best guess.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Really? Who was it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    I am a writer, and the show I helped work on came out last night on NBC!
    I'm assuming this, caught my eye not 5 minutes ago :P

Oh wow, that's pretty awesome.

Anyone would be able to, it's called adaptation.

I think I'm gonna try and let go of the internet, and vid/cpu games except for study purposes here in about 3 months when I go back to college. I think it will be better for me, as the internet, and esp. gaming has kind of isolated me.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-09-21 at 09:36 AM.

Deleted
    Start making mead and forging axes ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Anyone would be able to, it's called adaptation.
    Wanna see Paris Hilton or any other of the Hollywood wenches cook a piece of meat inside a kitchen. So far they only succeeded with that in the bedroom. The majority isn't fit to survive without technology :P

Deleted
    Absolutely no way, all of my hobbies and pretty much everything I get enjoyment from involves electronics - mainly my PC and my phone. Like many have now, I have become entirely dependant on basing my daily routine on what I do with electronic appliances. Put aside entertainment and consider more basic utilities in life, like cooking, cleaning, washing. I know myself I would not be able to cope. If my PC breaks down for a day I'm already feeling the withdrawal symptoms ROFL xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    So let's say that you wake up tomorrow and for reasons unknown every possible electronic device in the world dies and there would be no way to rectify this problem and we would basically be put back into the stone age. Do yo think you would be able to put the way we live our lives today behind you and survive without a phone, computer, radio, electricity, heat & air conditioning, etc and have the will to not live with such things for the rest of your life? Would you embrace this change or would you just break down and go completely mental due to the loss of such things?
    Isn't this the plot of that new TV series coming out on like NBC?

At any rate, I'd have no issues adapting. Games and shit are just there to distract me from the daily boredom of life.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Wanna see Paris Hilton or any other of the Hollywood wenches cook a piece of meat inside a kitchen. So far they only succeeded with that in the bedroom. The majority isn't fit to survive without technology :P
    If your life is in danger you will do most anything to try and survive, especially when starvation sets in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenom View Post
    Start making mead and forging axes ?
    This, and start talking with a British accent.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    So let's say that you wake up tomorrow and for reasons unknown every possible electronic device in the world dies and there would be no way to rectify this problem and we would basically be put back into the stone age. Do yo think you would be able to put the way we live our lives today behind you and survive without a phone, computer, radio, electricity, heat & air conditioning, etc and have the will to not live with such things for the rest of your life? Would you embrace this change or would you just break down and go completely mental due to the loss of such things?
    Honestly, such a happening would only really throw us back around a maximum of 100 years.

...and even though we would not be able to have tech devices we have now, we can pretty much build it all up in 10 to 20 years. The knowledge and methodology is there in books and brains of people who work on them, however, if those books are burned and those people are killed, then we would still be able to live but the recovery proces would take longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    This, and start talking with a British accent.
    British? Pff. If we're wanting to go back to old-school Dark Ages ass-stompers, it's go Scottish or go home.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    This is said to happen if the Sun creates a very big solar flare, thus sending a vast amount of radiation to the Earth. It is said that this would fry all electric equipment and render the creation of spark impossible, due to the ions in the atmosphere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to think I would be able to.. embrace my inner tribesman and all..

Realistically though, probably not. My livelihood, main hobby, source of entertainment, news and communication, all gone? Yeah, that's going to mess me up.

Good thing I am a butcher then, atleast I will have the ability to cut up a cow and keep on frying a nice steak like I always did

No. Everything is powered by electricity. I would be screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Edc View Post
    Good thing I am a butcher then, atleast I will have the ability to cut up a cow and keep on frying a nice steak like I always did
    Aye lad, I shall trade you three barrels of summerwine for a full breed. The winter be cold this year's end, and you will thirst for the taste of fire down your throat. What say you?

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Aye lad, I shall trade you three barrels of summerwine for a full breed. The winter be cold this year's end, and you will thirst for the taste of fire down your throat. What say you?
    It's a deal, you got a horse with a cart to deliver the barrels?

Quote Originally Posted by veldrinal View Post
    You mean this TV series that just premiered on Monday? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_(TV_series)
    Except if what happened in that show actually happened we would all die anyway .... I suspect the OP is referring to electronics stopping, not electricity.