Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lukyl View Post
    Hey, I've had a really awful body clock the last ~2months, where i fall asleep at around 4-5am and wake up at ~2-4pm. It is getting to be a real hassle now, as im completely restless if i wake up any earlier and usually crash on the couch after an hr of being up.. I really want to get my body clock reset to a 1-2am sleep time, and a 9-10am wake up. Since this is generally a common issue with the gamer kind and young people such as ourselves, im hoping you might have some good ideas.

Feel free to post you ideas on how to go about doing the above. Anything you've had some successful experience with.

Thanks!
    Go to sleep. Wake up. Eat something. Repeat until your body clock accepts your new time as its proper morning.

Eating something after waking up from an extended period of rest kind of reactivates your body and your body will have an easier time adjusting to the new time.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Its called an alarm mate.
    Start using one and wake up early

Deleted
    i stay up as long time i can, usely 24-36h depends on how bad it is, i tend to not fall asleep in a bed -.-

An interesting side note to sleeping. There was a study done a while back forget the details, but the concept of it was that if you slept for ODD amount of hours regardless of amount. You would wake up fully charged and ready to go, Vs EVEN hours left you still tired. I've tried this out myself and sure enough waking up after say 3,5,7 hours felt great. After 6 or 8 and body took forever to wake up. Something to think/try out as well.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I've had a really awful body clock the last ~2months, where i fall asleep at around 4-5am and wake up at ~2-4pm. It is getting to be a real hassle now, as im completely restless if i wake up any earlier and usually crash on the couch after an hr of being up.. I really want to get my body clock reset to a 1-2am sleep time, and a 9-10am wake up. Since this is generally a common issue with the gamer kind and young people such as ourselves, im hoping you might have some good ideas.

Feel free to post you ideas on how to go about doing the above. Anything you've had some successful experience with.

Thanks!
    You can try going all the way around again. Like stay up 2-4 more hours each night until you're on a normal schedule again.

Or you could take a sleeping pill to get you to bed at a reasonable hour one night, and just keep going to bed at that time afterwards.

Also, don't drink caffeine after 3PM if you want to get to bed at a reasonable hour.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even sure if I even have a body clock I just go to bed whenever I want to or when I'm most tired. Some nights I'll go to bed at 1am, some nights at 2am, and some nights I'll go to bed around 3am-4am. I guess it depends on what I'm doing. If I'm playing a game that's really fun then usually I'll try to play it as long as I can. Doesn't even matter if I have to wake up early the next day, it still doesnt make me go to bed earlier. I had it going real well one time. I was once going to bed at around 12am-1am and kept doing so for about 2-3 weeks or so but then it eventually came back and before you know it I was again going to bed super late.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I tried this, and almost had it set to sleeping 00:00 > 09:00. Went for like 2 weeks and felt pretty normal, but it's sloped back into sleeping until afternoon again over the course of a week

I might try what vizzle suggested.
    How old are you? When I was in my late teens/early 20s I had similar issues, but once I got myself a normal 8AM-5PM job, it only took a few months to get used to the rhythm of it. I was really sleepy in the office for the first couple months though. Now waking up between 6AM and 8AM feels completely normal to me.

It probably has a lot to do with where you are in your life and the type of lifestyle you're leading at the moment.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    i've actually read a Cracked article on this recently, http://www.cracked.com/article_19954...wesome_p2.html

what you need to do is starve yourself for 16 hours, and then eat something in the morning. the article explains why.
    That's a really cool tip, I need to try it some time.

This "Fasting for 16 hours" trick, I don't think I quite understand it. I'm a second shifter, but I may be switching shifts eventually.

Anyway, am I supposed to eat, THEN sleep, or...

Sleep, force myself to wake up at desired time, THEN eat?

One example on said website says sleep first, the other says eat right after your plane lands. DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Is it also possible for your biological clock to die? I've never been able to wake up early without stabbing myself (Metaphorically of course), yet I have no trouble waking up after 1pm regardless of when I go to bed. Even when I worked 1st shift for two years, this never changed.
    Last edited by Zafire; 2012-09-21 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Wait until saturday -> get some friends -> go to the bars at around 7 -> get completely blacked out drunk -> pass out at 12 after 5 hours of drinking.

This usually works for me. You're gonna feel beat like a circus rug on sunday, but it's usually worth it.

this is probably the least healthy way to do it lol..

I travel all over the world a lot. What i found was the best way to reset my clock was you just wait until its your normal time to sleep, 11pm, midnight whatever. Then you sleep. You have to force yourself to stay awake that whole cycle until the correct time or you will be fighting it like you are. No matter where or how long i travel it never takes me more than a day or two to set myself to that time zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    How about you simplify your life and simply put your alarm/mobile on a table or something that's a few metres away from your bed. If even that doesn't help, try resetting the alarm to 20 minutes later. If even that doesn't help, load yourself with 0,5+ L of water immediately before you go to sleep (that is, if you never go piss at night).

Personally, when i don't care when i'm waking up, i usually sleep until 1. When i have to wake up at a certain time, the only thing that will make me up is an alarm, and usually, for my own sake, i set 2 up, as i said. It makes things easier. When i don't have to wake up at a certain time but would like to, for whatever reason, i do the same thing but i always have to make sure i get at least 5 hours of sleep.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    This "Fasting for 16 hours" trick, I don't think I quite understand it. I'm a second shifter, but I may be switching shifts eventually.

Anyway, am I supposed to eat, THEN sleep, or...

Sleep, force myself to wake up at desired time, THEN eat?

One example on said website says sleep first, the other says eat right after your plane lands. DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Is it also possible for your biological clock to die? I've never been able to wake up early without stabbing myself (Metaphorically of course), yet I have no trouble waking up after 1pm regardless of when I go to bed. Even when I worked 1st shift for two years, this never changed.
    Eat at the time you want to get up, than don't eat for the rest of the day. When you wake up the next day, eat again at that same time. Your body will naturally adjust to that time of day being morning. You will need a way to wake up initially, whether it be an alarm clock or someone telling you to.

Thanks!
    The healthiest way is to cut out caffeine and start exercising daily. Turn off the TV/Computer 30-60 minutes before you want to go to bed and read a book instead. The amount of light coming out of your TV and laptop trick your body into thinking its still day time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stay up 24 hours and then go to sleep pretty late and wake up early, that will make me extremely tired the day after aswell. Then I just keep on going to bed the time I want to go to bed and get up when I want to get up, works for about three days as I always F it up again by playing WoW
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

You don't need to get drunk or force yourself to only sleep 3 hours one night or something. Those things work but I've done them and there's less painful ways to get on schedule. I recommend exercising hard one day, then going to sleep early, or taking melatonin (over the counter supplement) and turning all the lights out and going to bed early.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm working the night shift and we had a little class on how to effectivly sleep / change our body clock.

The best way by a really really long mile is the sun light / artificial sun light. This have the biggest effect on our sleeping habits. But artificial lights cost a lot, so unless you want to change your sleeping habits often i don't recommend it.
    The 2nd best way to do it is heat/cold. When your body is warm you wake up, when your body is a little bit cold you fall asleep. Exercising in the morning is a really good way of waking up since you heat up your body.

If you want help to fall asleep you could buy some Melatonin, you don't need any prescription. It's want your body naturally create to help you sleep. When the sun goes down you body create more and more and you feel sleepy. when the sun goes up your body create less and less and you can awake normally.

A lot of ppl in here stay awake a long time in order to change their sleep habits, for me the best way is to take a short nap (3 hrs) rather than a full night sleep. ex. i usually wake up at 7pm and go to sleep at 10-11am. But sometime i wanna stay up longer or swtich my sleep time. So rather than sleep from 111am to 7pm, i go to sleep at noon and wake up at 3pm. I feel sleepy at aroung 10pm so i can go to sleep and wake up normally at 7-8am.

Get a job or at least some semblance of a routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I reset mine every week, pretty much. Just stay up really long to fix it
    Haha! Same here! I'm up till dawn some mornings, then I just go to work Monday with 0-2 hours of sleep.

Melatonin can help offset the symptoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a worse dayrythm than your own for 3 years or so.. But then I started school, so I kinda just had to change it. Worked for me, although I'm very unhappy with the normal dayrythm, so I'm gonna undo it as soon as I can.
    Either way, best thing to do is to get drunk kinda early.. Preferably doing something a little boring, like drinking by yourself while watching a tv show or a movie or something.. Then you ought to be in bed by midnight, if you start early enough at least.