Game Breaking Glitch? [Ghoul Sac Bug]

I notice as of yesterday, my Death Pact works and seemingly does not work. Half the time it will repeatedly state ''Pet must be bound to you'' or in the case of AOTD ''Invalid.''

The only way to resolve this, is to hearthstone out of the zone, or to die.

Anyone else have this issue?

Your title is really confusing. I wouldnt call this game breaking.
    My dad once told me that aslong as religion existed, even I could make my own fantasy buddys

Are you trying to use death pact with an undead mob you have as your pet via "control Undead"

I think, despite the wording, Death Pact only works with your ghoul you summon via Raise Dead.

Though it should work with Army of the Dead, it used to prior to 5.0.4

Ima do some quick tests.

The ghoul summoned via Raise Dead works fine for me.
    the ghouls from army of the dead work fine for me.

When trying it with an undead mob I have under my control via "Control Undead" I get this message and cannot use Death Pact.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2012-09-21 at 09:56 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    I had the same error but updating my addons fixed it

Deleted
    I have never gotten this error.

Same problem with Death Coil and Lichborne, even manually selecting your ghoul and trying to use Death Pact will sometimes still throw the "The target must be bound to you" message.

Deleted
    ive noticed this too hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    I notice as of yesterday, my Death Pact works and seemingly does not work. Half the time it will repeatedly state ''Pet must be bound to you'' or in the case of AOTD ''Invalid.''

The only way to resolve this, is to hearthstone out of the zone, or to die.

Anyone else have this issue?
    The only place where I continuously experience ghoul issues is at our starting place. I usually take the portal back when I want to test something at the dummy's, it's often rather buggy. But I haven't noticed anything else.

Deleted
    Happened to me too in acherus,think it might be due to acherus being a sanctuary zone not sure tho

Quote Originally Posted by fyske View Post
    Same problem with Death Coil and Lichborne, even manually selecting your ghoul and trying to use Death Pact will sometimes still throw the "The target must be bound to you" message.
    I find sometimes I'll be able to fire one Death Coil at myself before it bugs out, sometimes none at all and rarely it works fully.
    Kind of annoying

But no Death Pact bug

Only place i repeteadly have seen Death Pact fail is in Dala.

Which would fit with the theory rerecros came up with: Death Pact does not work in a sanctuary.
    No idea how these sanctuary zones are coded into the game, but might it be preventing us from damaging our ghoul, thus never healing us?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    never happened to me, maybe your pet is not up. silly you

Happend to me yesterday in the molten front sancutary. :/ Was frost und justed summoned the ghoul when i got the error message.
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705

only happening to me in sanctuary's so thought it wasn't working because it was damaging your pet which you cant do otherwise idk
    I Delight in the Irony

Armory, Warcraft logs, Youtube, Twitter, Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    I experienced this earlier today. I suggest you make a thread on the Blizzard forums and let them know.

Ok guys, I figured it out. I'm not sure why, but you simply cannot Death Pact in any known Sanctuary.

Hope this clears things up.