Which bosses did you like most as warlock? Tell me your top 15

Top 15

1º Lich King, teleport for Valkirnas were awesome! "You can't throw me off the ledge"
    2º Minimiron " Don't press the red button"
    3º Iliddan " You aren't prepared"!
    4º Professor Putricide, phase 3 was just epic, all room flooded.
    5º Faction Champions, PVP on PVE scenario? humm.. nice.. Fears and multi-dot all the way down, without being target that were CC.
    6º Elemetium Monstosity
    7º Battle Chest, a different feeling.
    8º Blood Queen Lana´thel " wanna become a vampire, come fight against me"
    9ºRagnaros, " u have feets" /nod, don't forget teleport if you blow traps, or or you d....i...e.
    10º Kael'thas
    11º Ignis the Furnace... nothing so especial but I didn't why but I <3 this fight *shrug*
    12º Assembly of Iron. " dwarf disguise?".
    13º Sindragosa, let's hide and free your peeps
    14º Warlord Zon'ozz , let's bring 25 healers for this fight at hc without nerfs
    15ºAtramedes, blind drake = he loves sound, GONG IT!

I start with top 10 but I could not leave out some bosses, it was an injustice ^^

I was very exciting writing this, but you can always opt to do a top 5 or top 10, not big deal.

Deleted
    M'uru pre 30% nerf. The joy of killing that boss was unimaginable.

Also enjoyed Vashj and Illidan in TBC, Nefarian and Sinestra in Cata and pretty much every boss I managed to down in Vanilla because the game was so new and amazing.
    Last edited by mmoc8b742e5a94; 2012-09-21 at 11:48 AM.

Deleted
    I hate picking favorites, I can never decide - and organising 15 would be hellish for me.

I enjoyed LK Heroic significantly, still think it's one of the best fights they've done.
    I enjoyed Kelthuzad in WOTLK naxx, just because our rotation was at a fun point right before they removed immolate, it was super fun and engaging juggling a load of dots, dislike how simple affliction is nowadays.
    Likewise Shannox normal and Blackhorn were quite fun, trying to keep dots rolling on everything was great.
    Leotheras the blind was interesting to tank, grinding the FR gear was a pain - but it was an interesting fight and a break from the norm, trying to keep your felhunter out of whirlwinds to keep providing the resistances you got from it etc.
    The enrage timer on putridus made for a really intense final phase - not really warlock specific, but it was a tight encounter before the nerfs made the enrage a non-issue.
    Majordomo Staghelm was also a fun fight I found, being good at avoiding cat-leaps really made an impact. I liked being rewarded for fast reactions with my portaling, and punished if I messed it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I posted a similar topic regarding the best raid of the expansion, suggest you check it out if you haven't.

ICC and above are the only raids I did when they were current content. So I can't speak as well for fights before that. However, Pre-ICC I enjoy Lady Vash in SSC, RoS in BT, and the trash in hyjal (yes, the trash.)

ICC I loved loved the heroic versions of PP, Sindragosa, and LK. I enjoy difficult fights, because they give a much more satifying kill.

T11 I loved Magmaw, heroic atrem, neferian, and Cho'gall.

T12 I enjoyed all of them really. Most especially alysrazor, stahelm and heroic staghelm. and rag.

T13 I only liked spine and madness.

Edit: Can't believe I forgot Yogg. He was an incredible fight the first time I fought him, and I didn't even do him when he was current.
    Last edited by Beranin; 2012-09-22 at 08:39 PM.

Master of puppets I'm pullin' your strings!

Since I only progression raided in Cataclysm (mainly T12/13 since I was a beginner in T11) I'll give my top 5, and least favorite 5 from a warlock perspective (this doesn't necessarily mean my favorite/least favorite bosses overall). So basically it's mainly based on difficulty, design (overall stuff) and specifically how it interacts with us - were we good on the fight or useless? Did it stretch warlock-specific tools and were we allowed/required to use our class to our full potential? All of this, by the way, is for progression - so not counting "going back" with post-5.0.4, etc.

1. Ragnaros - mechanics are superb, and a lot of optimization was required to do well here.
    2. Atramedes - destruction was very good on this fight with a ranged pet (imp) and lots of movement potential in Cataclysm. Demonic Portal helped.
    3. Beth'tilac - good multi-dotting makes for a clean kill, poor multi-dotting makes for getting overrun by a complete clusterfuck mess. The difference between good and bad multi-dotting, in performance (not in results!), was very small.
    4. Magmaw - Bane of Havoc
    5. Ultraxion - this is not so much a warlock thing, but who doesn't love a good burn? Also the ability to unload as much DPS into the first 45 seconds (meta duration) of "grace period" before the first Hour of Twilight was really nice.

6. Sinestra (I didn't do this while it was current, so it's an "honorary mention") - absolute limit of warlock mechanics, whether it comes to Wrack awareness, handling cutters efficiently (while still doing DPS), egg burning, add control, you name it. Lots of room for warlocks to shine.

The worst fights:

1. Spine of Deathwing - just stupid.
    2. Hagara the Stormbinder - horrible burn phases during progression, limited ability to actually do useful damage made this a bad fight.
    3. Majordomo Staghelm - concentration + shadowflame says GG.

4. Alysrazor - this was fun to actually execute (so it's an honorary mention), but pet despawning was really horrible and left us behind competitively. We just plain sucked on the ground.

Won't be able to come up with 15, but here are some. Keep in mind, I only raided up to TK in BC, and on a different toon for ToC/ICC.

Ordered by level:

Oz - being in charge of fear on Roar and immolate on Strawman.
    Illhoof - seed of corruption spam.
    Netherspite - blue buff.
    High King Maulgar - needing to fear/banish the hounds.
    Four Horseman - getting to be one of the "tanks" for the back two in the 10man group.
    Malygos - being able to use portal during his spinny phase and continuing to dps was great.
    Hodir - even though I always pulled off the tank in this fight even with soul shatter, it was fun as hell to get all the buffs and see ridiculous numbers.
    H Maloriak - crazy aoe on adds.
    Alysrazor - I got to fly, obviously.

I have a lot more "favorite" fights, but those are the only ones where I would say I enjoyed them thoroughly more because of my class. Really enjoy having to be in charge of crowd control on adds for some reason. There usually aren't many of those anymore, though.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

I can't really give an order here but, I started playing early WotLK so my list and possible choices are limited. My warlock was my second 80 behind a DK but I've played warlock loyally since leveling my first around the time ToGC came out. I haven't played a class as my main since I've had a max level warlock. Haven't even considered changing.

Heigan the Unclean - Naxx. A lot of people hated this fight with good reason(my experience), but I always enjoyed doing the safety dance, fun fight mechanic.
    Yogg-Saron - Ulduar. Another one of my favorite fights. Proper execution leads to victory. It amazes me how hard the fight is for most pugs still today.
    Faction Champions - ToGC. I loved doing this one as a lock especially when the resto druid was there, gave me a reason to use banish.
    The Lich King - ICC. A boss I just wanted to kill for the longest time. Loved the fact that I typically was one of the few warlocks who knew how to properly use the portal here.
    Sindragosa - ICC. Another fun fight that I got to make good use of my lock portal. Unending resolve would have been awesome back around this time...I always got the magic debuff forcing me to stop and wand. Come to think about it the new Meta melee action would have been exceptional for this too.

Sorry I'll have to edit this post. It's super late here and I'm falling asleep at the keys.

Deleted
    I started in WotLK, so I only got to visit TBC raids at 85. That said...

Fav. T7 boss: Saph! Oh, his assembly animation was so sweet, also, there was always someone to /lol at for not hiding

Fav. T8 boss: Yogg Saron. Second place: Mimiron hm. Honorable mention: Algalon. Didn't do him while he was current, would have loved to.

Fav. T9 boss: the Valkyr sisters. So cute.

Fav. T10 boss: LK was probably THE best boss in all of WoW for me. Not counting him, I'd say Professor (he wiped us so many, many times, the bastard).

Fav. T11 boss: the entire tier was great, with the exception of ToFW. If I had to choose, I'd say Nef (I remember being king of dps on that one) or Cho'Gall (for just being fucking awesome)

Fav. T12 boss: Ragnaros! Including the crazy awesome hc version that we couldn't really deal with until they nerfed it. Twice. Also, Alysrazor.

Fav. T13 boss: weakest tier, I don't know. Madness, I guess, for providing some compensation after Spine. I sucked bawlz at Spine hc and then blew everyone away dps-wise on Madness hc. Felt good after the 99 wipes on Spine that we had to endure before we killed it.

Bonus: fav. T14 boss: I can already see I will love the hell out of the Sha of Fear. Can't wait to progress on that!
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2012-09-22 at 09:31 AM.

Top 15 as warlock hmm

ragnaros v2 hc , clear the fire, blow traps, shadowfury on adds
    valkir bitches, with sl and shadowward i pretty mutch jumped in every bubble and got a shitload of dps for it :P
    fraction camps dot dot fear dot .. arena just in easy mode
    atramedes , teleport was awesome there
    maumau (.. the big snake thing in the same instance .. or magmaw mauhau .. someting like that) cheating dps meter with havoc <3
    lk, came back from wow break and got to lk hc and it was oh shit vakir got me .. teleport wee^^ , all people gather in the middle! nope i chill outside sukkers xD

thats it with bossed that i loved as a warlock
    there are many that i loved as a boss but not realy warlock+boss.
    To menthion i would say c'tun, nef,4 (w)horsemen, ony in classic
    illi,vashj,kel,m'uru in bc
    yogg, mimi, lk , (a)nub, (frost dude in uldu.. hodir was his name i guess)
    cata .. raggiv2,aly,council, pretty mutch all exept td4w and most parts of ds

Lucky Alyz flyers, my guild had 2 raiding Mages :<

I didn't raid as Lock before Cata, but what I did like from this exp:

Magmaw hc, Havoc his head, Shadowflame the worms, jump around fire, fantastic fight
    Val & Ther - 2 targets to Havoc and multidot, yes plz
    Bethilac before massive overgearing and nerfs, Havoc on her and enough hp on adds to multi-immolate them
    Warmaster - Havoc and so much stuff to multidot for Affli

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    2. Atramedes - destruction was very good on this fight with a ranged pet (imp) and lots of movement potential in Cataclysm. Demonic Portal helped.
    4. Alysrazor - this was fun to actually execute (so it's an honorary mention), but pet despawning was really horrible and left us behind competitively. We just plain sucked on the ground.
    Guess you never played Demo with Succy or Afflic with succy(which was also the best pet for both those specs at the time) which destroyed destro.

As for Alys Warlocks were godly on progression on this fuck the pet. We were above everything but mages. Afflic destroyed(and always has) that fight.

Ragnaros killed before any nerfs was great.
    Baleroc before the HP nerf GREAT 7:06 kill on the first week on heroic progression in FL.
    Ultrax progression killing him mid cast of the raid wipe
    Sinestra...was kinda boring, but a great fight. I got to hellfire and aoe whelps all fight...got boring after 50 attempts then it died about 10 later...2.5 nights of progression was kinda bleh.
    Maloriak...great! Demo/Afflic was so fun on that(demo for progression of course, but I was able to out do it with afflic later on)
    Rhyolith MULTIDOT EVERYTHING!
    Warmaster lots o multidotting...progression was quite fun on this raping everyones dps
    cant think of more idk

madness sucked 25 attempts to kill a boss wtf is that
    spine while hard should have allowed for more than mages/rogues to get super fast kills early on

Vanilla: Vaelastrasz the Corrupt, Nefarian.
    TBC: Illidan, Teron Gorefiend, Mother Shahraz, Kael'thas Sunstrider, Vash'jir, M'uru (pre-nerf, most epic fight for warlocks, EVER!) Kil'jaden (Pre-nerf, almost as epic as Mäuru pre-nerf)
    WoTLK: Lady Deathwhisper, Sindragosa, Lich King
    Cataclysm: -no epic fight, did not do Tier 11 and tier 12 content tho, so no comment about hose, Tier 13 sucked ass tho.

In order 1-12, 1 being my most faourite one.

1. M'uru (epic fight which i will never forget, getting an awesome demon to enslave before the phase change was one of best things in this encounter, but overall it was just full of epic)
    2. Kil'jaden (same as above heh, less epic, but still in the "epic" category^^)
    3. Kael'thas Sunstrider( So much to learn when it was the current top raiding tier and lots of fun, like being the "tank" for solarian and other fun things)
    4. Illidan( one of the most fun encounters in WoW indeed!, as the warlock designated to tank in hes transformation phase it was a reall blast, not to mention the other phases were also REALLY fun, not to mention the loot "Skull of Gul'dan" epic WARLOCK stuff from lore, woho yes please!)
    5. Lich King(Very fun encounter, the Valkyries were especially fun to nuke down)
    6. Nefarian(Class calls made this fight really fun)
    7. Moter Shahras(awesome fun, run away or die haha)
    8. Teron Gorefiend(The epicness of this boss fight was increased by doing the quest where YOU actually are the one responsible for hes escape, and it was a great quest)
    9. Vaelastrasz the Corrupt (Always looked forward to this fight every reset, simply because it was really fun, and if you got the buff/debuff, it was even more fun hehe)
    10. Vash'jir(Very fun fight, adds to kill etc)
    11. Lady Deathwhisper(fun encounter where you have to know what you were doing to get her down pre-nerf's)
    12. Sindragosa(fun encounter, if you didnt move out or if you didnt stop casting when you got the debuff you would simply kill your raid or damage your raid if you noticed it and casted a few times etc, fun stuff)

I really like a lot of boss-fights, but those 12 are the best ones i have done so far. My main has always been a warlock ever since WoW-Vanilla beta ^^
    Last edited by Miothan; 2012-09-22 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    Won't be able to come up with 15, but here are some. Keep in mind, I only raided up to TK in BC, and on a different toon for ToC/ICC.

Ordered by level:

Oz - being in charge of fear on Roar and immolate on Strawman.
    Illhoof - seed of corruption spam.
    Netherspite - blue buff.
    High King Maulgar - needing to fear/banish the hounds.
    Four Horseman - getting to be one of the "tanks" for the back two in the 10man group.
    Malygos - being able to use portal during his spinny phase and continuing to dps was great.
    Hodir - even though I always pulled off the tank in this fight even with soul shatter, it was fun as hell to get all the buffs and see ridiculous numbers.
    H Maloriak - crazy aoe on adds.
    Alysrazor - I got to fly, obviously.

I have a lot more "favorite" fights, but those are the only ones where I would say I enjoyed them thoroughly more because of my class. Really enjoy having to be in charge of crowd control on adds for some reason. There usually aren't many of those anymore, though.
    I'm going to add to this because I like any fight where I have a special duty.

Leotharas
    Lady Vahsj
    Illidan
    Magtheridan
    Shade of Aran

I find it really hard to pick favourites. I really liked Magtheridon for some reason or another, I loved his voice, the room, environment, encounter, and it was so incredibly thrilling to do "another raid" than Kara, you know, for me back then. But in terms of actual challenge and stuff Ragnaros hc in FL was really awesome. I actually think Zon'ozz is up in my list too, prenerf, 10man, that was a really awesome fight to progress and work on, as was Yor'sahj. I really liked those encounters and progressing them.

But my two favourite warlock fights must be council in BoT and Ragnaros, both heroic, affliction as the first and demo as the other. Oh, I suppose I shouldn't exclude Princes in ICC, too. Feeling extra useful and like a key in an encounter is great, as DPS that is, and I've missed that a lot since TBC, where warlocks were needed for Karazhan and to tank in Gruul's lair, a similar feeling I suppose.

I liked that. Warlocks get few chances to shine, mostly it's hunters or mages who get to do "the jobs".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cauzt1cz View Post
    The Lich King - ICC. A boss I just wanted to kill for the longest time. Loved the fact that I typically was one of the few warlocks who knew how to properly use the portal here.
    I think my favorite part about that was less being one of the few warlocks, and more being one of the few guild members.

I still grin remembering how the RL had failed to grasp what I was doing the first time I was picked up by a valk and had a heart attack was I was standing close to the edge, miles from the "safe" zone other classes had to stack near the center, the stress that caused him most have knocked his hairline back a bit.

Im having a feeling of nostalgia so

1º Ragnaros - The feeling of facing that giant final MC boss for the first time is astonishing. Also its basically the first "final boss" design with stages, etc.
    2º Onyxia - With Raggy these 2 are probably the archetypes for raid bosses. Moar Dots!!
    3º Vaelastrasz - Basically the fight were i was born as a dpser. That fight really made you push the limits! Awesome design!
    4º Kael'Thas - Awesome epic fight
    5º Archimonde - Very unforgiving
    6º Iliddan - Did the warlock tank part ^^
    7º Minimiron Hard Mode - Great fight
    8º Yogg+0 One of the most hard fights i did in wow
    9º Lich King Hc - Complex, intense, hard and the final chapter of the expansion with the proper lore.
    10ºAtramedes - A bit buggy at start but the sound idea was gr8 design
    11º Faction Champions - Liked the idea of a PvP style fight

A note for M'uru, Twin Emperors and C'thun that i didn't made on the proper time and surely were epic fights!

Deleted
    Garr ^^
    Back in the days there weren't raid markers or focus targets. Took 10 minutes just to get the targets assigned. And then someone would lose his and you start all over

10+ Year Old Account
    Just some fights I enjoyed as a warlock, in no particular order

Twin Emperors
    Illidan
    Thaddius
    Heigan
    Vezax
    Yogg-Saron
    Valiona and Theralion
    Al'Akir
    Atramedes
    Alysrazor
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

15+ Year Old Account
    Every boss that "required" a warlock tank. Was always nice to get a break from the standard dps role.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.