Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Jesse Ventura considers run for President in 2016

On my way to work, I heard an interview with him yesterday morning on the Todd&Tyler show.
    He had some interesting stuff to say... What struck me most was the way things are handled with the election campaigns....
    Kind of interesting how the whole system is set up that only Reps and Dems are in the lime light.
    Many may not even know that there are 2 more candidates on the ballot.. Yet for the debates there's only the candidates of the Dems and Reps.

http://www.examiner.com/article/jess...as-independent

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I've only seen one interview with him, but he was much more intelligent and clear spoken than I was expecting at the time.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

He has been way way way way too extreme. He says alot of populist opinions like "pull out of the middle east and close every military base" or "reduce oour debt". He kind of reminds me Ron Paul who proposes all these grandiose ideas and then when asked for details you realize he would utterly destroy the worlds modern economy if he got his way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I think I've only seen one interview with him, but he was much more intelligent and clear spoken than I was expecting at the time.
    Same for me. I honestly didn't expect much of him, when he entered the more noticeable political stage. I honestly was like. Oh... another celebrity as politician. A famous wrestler.. But then I was surprised about his content.

I believe that he would have enough substance to draw a significant amount of votes. Enough to send a loud and clear message to the two parties.
    He may not win. I don't think that there's enough Americans who would be gutsy enough to vote for an independent President. And his 4 year term would likely have a bad record, given he had almost zero support from House and Senate. But he could at least use the 4 years to wake up the country by revealing practices that are now kept low behind closed doors, because they benefit both parties and one hand doesn't hurt the other that feeds them....

i'll ask the question on everybody's mind: will he wear the boa?

Speaking on the Alex Jones Show...

No thanks.

He's a buffoon who's gone off the deep end in recent years.

Is it this guy who's former Navy SEAL, extremely liberal, very pro gay rights etc? I don't know much about him, he seems a little bit crazy but at the same time I like a lot of the ideas I know he has.

Would be interesting to see him get more spotlight.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

A lot of people will dismiss him since he's was a wrestler but he's a very smart guy and was even the governor of Minnesota. However, in recent years he comes across as acting smarter than he really is and I'm not sure he would make a good president in the end.

He is right though that if you aren't a Democrat or Republican you have no chance of being the president. 1 or 2 more parties would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to have much love for Ventura, as a wrestler when I was a kid and as a politician when he first got involved. He was initially a very proactive politician, but over time has gone further and further into "tin foil hat" territory. He's so far gone now I can't see him getting elected for anything but a gig as guest host on "Coast to Coast AM". No doubt if he loses he'll blame it on cattle mutilations, mind-control flouride in the water, and/or reptiloids.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a left leaning libertarian like me and an American hero. I'd vote for him.

A lot of people dismiss him as crazy without learning the facts or even listening to what he says.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was on the Howard Stern show this week and he made a lot of good points about how corrupt and unfair the politics are in the US. I also love how he sees the democrats and republicans as gangs instead of political parties and how in the end they are both the same. If I was an american I probably would vote for him, he seems to have a lot of good answers to Americas current dilemmas... Which is a lot more than I can say for Romney and Obama.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    He was on the Howard Stern show this week and he made a lot of good points about how corrupt and unfair the politics are in the US. I also love how he sees the democrats and republicans as gangs instead of political parties and how in the end they are both the same. If I was an american I probably would vote for him, he seems to have a lot of good answers to Americas current dilemmas... Which is a lot more than I can say for Romney and Obama.
    he can be likeable and bring up intelligent points. until he gets a bunch of people listening to him again, and the "heel" comes back out

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post

No thanks.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I do not want anyone even remotely associated with Alex Jones to be running for the White House.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Topic title's a bit misleading compared to the OP. Oh, well.

What everyone's said in the thread about Jessie Ventura so far is true. He's distanced himself from the WWE before and after his days as Minnesota Governor to help reivent himself as a conspiracy theorist, political activist and whistleblower.

Problem is he's quickly becoming the Dem's version of Rush Limbaugh. 'Dunno how many of you read his book (An Inconvenient Truth) contrary to what he wants you to believe, he doesn't "keep with the times" when it comes to insider info. As an Ex-SEAL he should know his "reliable sources" are feeding him crap mixed with truth. Don't get me wrong Ventura's a smart guy and well educated. Unlike Schwartznegger he didn't use his past with the WWE to become governor (A luxury Linda McMahon didn't have when she ran for office). The problem, as has been pointed out he's simply gone too far into Government Conspiracy Territory. This more or less disqualifies him as a viable presidental candidate.

And he knows it.

He nailed it when he said it's next to impossible for an Independent Candidate to become president in the present political climate. The closest ever was Ralph Nader but all he's remembered for by some people is costing Al Gore and John Kerry their White House runs by splitting the Democratic ticket. I could see the current mindset change if a popular Independent Emerges AND this person can inspire like-minded people to challenge the Dems and Reps.
    Last edited by Aurabolt; 2012-09-22 at 04:21 PM.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    At first, I was down for this until I saw that Jesse Ventura wants to bring back the draft. No thank you.

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2...entura_t_2.php

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Topic title's a bit misleading compared to the OP. Oh, well.

What everyone's said in the thread about Jessie Ventura so far is true. He's distanced himself from the WWE before and after his days as Minnesota Governor to help reivent himself as a conspiracy theorist, political activist and whistleblower.

Problem is he's quickly becoming the Dem's version of Rush Limbaugh. 'Dunno how many of you read his book (An Inconvenient Truth) contrary to what he wants you to believe, he doesn't "keep with the times" when it comes to insider info. As an Ex-SEAL he should know his "reliable sources" are feeding him crap mixed with truth. Don't get me wrong Ventura's a smart guy and well educated. Unlike Schwartznegger he didn't use his past with the WWE to become governor (A luxury Linda McMahon didn't have when she ran for office). The problem, as has been pointed out he's simply gone too far into Government Conspiracy Territory. This more or less disqualifies him as a viable presidental candidate.

And he knows it.

He nailed it when he said it's next to impossible for an Independent Candidate to become president in the present political climate. The closest ever was Ross Perot but all he's remembered for by some people is costing Al Gore and John Kerry their White House runs by splitting the Democratic ticket. I could see the current mindset change if a popular Independent Emerges AND this person can inspire like-minded people to challenge the Dems and Reps.

Ross Perot didn't run in 2000 or 2004. What are you talking about? Do you mean Ralph Nader? Perot ran in 1992 and 1996, and both times Clinton won.
    Last edited by Mukki; 2012-09-22 at 04:05 AM.

Hes too much of a tin foil hat for my liking though he does have some interesting ideas

though he was badass in predator he would suck as president

also like many will point out unless you are a democrat or a republican you got no chance of ever getting to the whitehouse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Hes too much of a tin foil hat for my liking though he does have some interesting ideas

though he was badass in predator he would suck as president

also like many will point out unless you are a democrat or a republican you got no chance of ever getting to the whitehouse
    The two party duopoly bothers me.

He seems too out there. And he needs to get his rocking back and forth under control. Some people will never take him seriously if he keeps doing that. Unless there's a medical explanation.

10+ Year Old Account
    He won't even have a chance with his looks, his weight, etc. unfortunately. People will judge the hell out of him.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality