Basic Ram Question: DDR3 1333 vs DDR3 1600

I ask this only because when I made my part purchase yesterday, Newegg had the 1333 sticks on sale, but as of today that sale is off and now they are selling 1600 for just a dollar more.

I am using this MOBO: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=3938566&SID=

I will be putting an i3-3220 in it. Will I see any significant performance increase with the 1600 or should I just stick with the 1333?

No, you probably won't see any difference. The step from 1333 to 1600 will give you less than 1% overall performance increase.
    If you plan on overclocking, it might come in handy to have 1600 ram, so you have more freedom to tinker with the timings and stuff.

Faster ram only really benefits you, when the ram bandwidth becomes a bottleneck. This is not the case for every day use (office stuff, internet, gaming, etc.).
    Situations, where ram becomes a bottleneck are:
    - professional grade workstation applications (3D modeling, etc.)
    - server applications (databases, scientific number crunching, ...)
    - AMD APU gaming.***

*** The current and future AMD APUs (socket FM1 / FM2, e.g. A8-3850) have a fairly powerful internal gpu, that uses shared memory (some of your ram is relegated to the gpu as vram). And here the ram bandwidth is actually a bottleneck (vram on graphics cards is a good deal faster and the address bus wider). Because of this, your fps actually scales nearly linear with the ram speed -- up to a certain point. (for the A8-3850 this point is 1866MHz. Faster ram only gives you marginal benefits, if at all)

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    No, you probably won't see any difference. The step from 1333 to 1600 will give you less than 1% overall performance increase.
    If you plan on overclocking, it might come in handy to have 1600 ram, so you have more freedom to tinker with the timings and stuff.

Faster ram only really benefits you, when the ram bandwidth becomes a bottleneck. This is not the case for every day use (office stuff, internet, gaming, etc.).
    Situations, where ram becomes a bottleneck are:
    - professional grade workstation applications (3D modeling, etc.)
    - server applications (databases, scientific number crunching, ...)
    - AMD APU gaming.***

*** The current and future AMD APUs (socket FM1 / FM2, e.g. A8-3850) have a fairly powerful internal gpu, that uses shared memory (some of your ram is relegated to the gpu as vram). And here the ram bandwidth is actually a bottleneck (vram on graphics cards is a good deal faster and the address bus wider). Because of this, your fps actually scales nearly linear with the ram speed -- up to a certain point. (for the A8-3850 this point is 1866MHz. Faster ram only gives you marginal benefits, if at all)
    Thanks for the detailed response. I am not going to be overclocking or doing any of the listed activities, so I will stick with the 1333.

If my needs change, RAM is cheap enough to where I should be able to upgrade later no problem.