No 3rd team for korea at worlds?

Why does USA and EU have 3 teams going to worlds and Korea only 2? Am I missing something? All the pro's even say that while Korea's don't have one team better then all the rest in the world. Over-all they are the strongest. So why are they getting 1 less team then regions which look and are not on the same level? Really hurts to see blaze getting knock out when a argument could be made that there the most dominate team in korea if not the world (only M5 comes to mind as a more dominate team)

10+ Year Old Account
    Azubu Blaze didn't make it to the world finals? Damn. I think Korea has 2 teams because there are 2 - 4 other teams from different parts of Asia also competing. China, SouthEast Asia, and Taiwan all have teams to send.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Really hurts to see blaze getting knock out when a argument could be made that there the most dominate team in korea if not the world (only M5 comes to mind as a more dominate team)
    If they are that dominant why were they not #1 in points all season (like their sister team, Frost) and then didn't win the 4-team qualifying tournament either? Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Geist19 View Post
    If they are that dominant why were they not #1 in points all season (like their sister team, Frost) and then didn't win the 4-team qualifying tournament either? Just asking.
    Sorry should have said up until last month, were they began to loose match's (they've still only lost twice at lans's unless I am mistaken). Also they were number one until the last tournament. Also the point here was more along the lines of, why is the strongest region getting less places then others. And i don't mean the region with the out right strongest team, but over-all the best teams (as Clg players said, in EU there is 2-3 teams that can win a tournament, in Korea there is 6-8 around that level).

Also to add, That must be the must idiotic thing I have ever seen for a competitive game to decide which teams go to the quarter final. That was out right unfair to one team (ofc draws are never perfectly balanced, but that one was designed around one team been shafted)

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 05:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Azubu Blaze didn't make it to the world finals? Damn. I think Korea has 2 teams because there are 2 - 4 other teams from different parts of Asia also competing. China, SouthEast Asia, and Taiwan all have teams to send.
    I suppose that is a fair point. Still sad to see the region with the over-all best teams getting the least places.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The reason Korea only gets 2 teams is most likely because they are a country, while NA and EU are continents. If you were to take every team that qualified for S2 from Asia it would be 6 teams with 1 from Taiwan, 1 from SE Asia, 2 from Korea and 2 from China.

But yes I agree its sad to see Blaze not make it as they were so dominant until the last few weeks.