Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Have the dps nerfs gone live?

Hey guys, just wanting to know of the nerfs are actually live? I know the tool tips haven't changed but the dmg could of been right?

I would love to test the dmg myself but I'm not near a pc to do so, anyone who can help would be really grateful for it. Thanks in advance.

I suddenly lost 6k dps so yes, I assume it is live.

Goodbye faceroll =(

Hello skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    /headtodesk... Awesome it was hard enough keeping my dps up on my warrior...

PvE dps already felt extremely lackluster, and then they go and nerf the shit out of almost every one of our dps abilities. Good stuff Blizzard. Thank god dps isn't my mainspec, or I'd likely be looking for a new class to play right now.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssian View Post
    PvE dps already felt extremely lackluster, and then they go and nerf the shit out of almost every one of our dps abilities. Good stuff Blizzard. Thank god dps isn't my mainspec, or I'd likely be looking for a new class to play right now.
    I was thinking the same thing. I am tank main but I do dps when there is only 1 tank required so it still urks me...

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Goodbye faceroll =(

Hello skill.
    Surelly you play a DK, warrior in no way is a faceroll class. Or you never played one for real.

Hello Nerfhammer!!! I saw that coming. Seems to me that warriors are not allowed to do DMG.

Weren't we the highest melee in the oh-so-reliable Simcraft results before?

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    http://simulationcraft.org/504/Raid_T14H.html

Fury warriors were, arms warriors were in the bottom 50% of the dps classes, no idea why we got nerfs as well...

apparently at lv 90 with full heroic gear we were, but im not so sure, the biggest worry now it the swing in damage from 80% to 20% is so extreme its going to cause problems on prgression, being level with the tank on dmg until last 20% isn't going to make warriors an attaractive class for progression fights, and especially in future tiers if theres fights with shorter/no execute phase we could have some problems.

They should simply tie execute to CS when below 20% you get one execute per cs, that way it balances out between the specs as fury currently can sustain more rage gen so more executes which makes arms suffer, this way arms would even out slightly due to Sudden death proccing execute. This would mean less executes but still the same potency, it would be more balance in pvp and require more setup ( if you cs a target under 20% they would know an execute is coming etc) and also lower our dmg in the last 20% so nerfs like these can be reverted.

before the patch I was first in DPS (Arms warrior, now fury) now the rogue with legendaries beat me pretty decently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imho you should thank the new shining execute. Fucking stupid giving so much damage to a single ability.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

The nerf brought up a problem blizz was trying to avoid.

According to the polemic simcraft, SMF is the top dps warrior, and the majority of its damage comes from, guess what: EXECUTE.

Bloodthirst is like 4th dmg source.

Deleted
    Because they were fucking OP in pvp, that's why. Any class got roflpwned by a warrior in bg since 5.0.4. No idea about pve.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Because they were fucking OP in pvp, that's why. Any class got roflpwned by a warrior in bg since 5.0.4. No idea about pve.
    Not nearly close to what you say bro. 90% bgs I play warriors are like 10th on the scoreboard, both dmg and killing blows. Top are mages/rogues/locks/priests

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norzuk View Post
    Surelly you play a DK, warrior in no way is a faceroll class. Or you never played one for real.

Hello Nerfhammer!!! I saw that coming. Seems to me that warriors are not allowed to do DMG.
    or maybe the nerfs were due to the fact that we'll have level 90 talents to boost our dps in a few days. It wasn't a nerf as much as we had a temporary buff in 5.0 to compensate for the fact we were missing CDs that are a significant part of our toolkit.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    or maybe the nerfs were due to the fact that we'll have level 90 talents to boost our dps in a few days. It wasn't a nerf as much as we had a temporary buff in 5.0 to compensate for the fact we were missing CDs that are a significant part of our toolkit.
    I agree, however on live and on beta our dps isn't anywhere close to be out of the charts to get nerfbated that way. Blizz enter in contradiction everytime:

1 - Giving sustained dmg to a class that has low uptime on targets (comparing to rangeds, melees has low uptime)
    2 - Making dmg less reliant on Execute (right now on beta Execute is the highest dmging ability)
    3 - I don't see any talent given up to 90 that we doesn't have now that will boost our DPS.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not afraid of the nerfs. I'm afraid of the fact that 15.6% of a warrior's damage is purely from execute. meaning that for 80% of the time, a warriors dps is significantly lower. and seriously, by the time a boss is <20%, the raid shouldn't have that much problems with that boss anymore. meaning: although warriors can be very high in overall dps, they are not the optimal class for progress. that is bad class design.

Execute has to be the #1 hard hitter of all spells. there should not be a spell that hits harder than execute. But they should've nerf it a bit and buff the others a bit. I'd say, if execute hits about 30-40% harder then the second hardest hitting ability, that would be fine. but currently, according simcraft, it hits about 150% harder than raging blow (~260k vs ~110k (60+50) hits / ~560k vs ~220k (120k+100k) crits). that is just ridiculous. they wanted to nerf EX and buff everything else. they did. execute was really way too op, now it is still too op, but not THAT op anymore. but they nerfed everything else again. I'd understand if they nerfed everything across the board. one could say, well, they ran the sims and they just saw that warriors are way too op, so they got the big nerfmace and cut them into place.
    but they only nerfed everything BUT execute. that way, warriors are - once again - too dependend on the <20% phase. and this is bad.

its also a massive problem as the tier goes on execute phases tend to shorten which means our dmg could go down potentially as we get faster at killing which is really bad design, and there leveling having so much dmg on 20% isn't a help when leveling, this change is going to make leveling slower than most