Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Actually, now that i think of it, it's pretty good in wow - collecting mounts, pets and achievements.

It's just the GW2 presentation of "grind a bazillion of mats" or "farm the same not-even-challenging dungeon a million times" endgame is horrible.
    Except I played WoW for 6 years. I played GW2 for 4 weeks. There is a difference. I have enough of WoW. I am also quite confident that GW2 will get lots of new content. Not from pure fanboism but from example of GW1. GW1 from 2007 had MUCH MUCH more content compared to GW1 in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    And why not? its still an activity, a goal to reach, whats wrong with it?
    And that's actually what MOST wow players do. Why? Because raiding requires set times, a tank 2 healers and gear prerequisites. Most people aren't prepared to structrually sacrifice such a big chunk of their time for a tedious repitition of scripted content. They'd rather log in when they felt like it and do random stuff, for fun, which they can drop whenever they want.

The amount of people raiding, is so small, that the devs were forced to create LFR to justify spending resources for raid creation. When 3% of the whole player-base makes use of a service that costs hunderds of thousands of dollars, the top managers are inclined to stagnate the service completely.

Deleted
    True personally I know loads of people that play WoW and never set foot into a raid, unless you consider LFR a raid. Guys lets be honest here (sorry forgoing off topic feel free to delete this post) why do you think blizzard developed the LFR tool (which is an awesome tool imo for casual players, and casuals is twhere the money is my friends)? Simple, because only a small portion of WoW population enjoyed raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Congratulations!

I'm more of a "stop and smell the roses" kind of gamer, so who knows when I'll ever earn it.
    ^this, I 100% each zone while I am there and enjoy the areas & scenery. I feel absolutely no need to rush to 80 only to turn around and go right back to the zones I sped through to begin with. It will probably be months before I lvl cap as a result but I am fine w/ it. Aside from Orr and WvWvW(which I hear is best at 80), there is absolutely no need to race to 80. Getting my BIS sets will be something to do after I have done most everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    And that's actually what MOST wow players do. Why? Because raiding requires set times, a tank 2 healers and gear prerequisites. Most people aren't prepared to structrually sacrifice such a big chunk of their time for a tedious repitition of scripted content. They'd rather log in when they felt like it and do random stuff, for fun, which they can drop whenever they want.

The amount of people raiding, is so small, that the devs were forced to create LFR to justify spending resources for raid creation. When 3% of the whole player-base makes use of a service that costs hunderds of thousands of dollars, the top managers are inclined to stagnate the service completely.
    And then on the weekends when i actually have time i want to play with enthusiastic people on something that seems to matter or requires focus, skill or whatnot instead of time.

Like take real life for example:
    On weekdays to get down from work/university i like watching family guy/south park/shin chan episodes i have probably already seen and that are just fun to look at for a short while without being to taxing.
    On the weekends i like playing soccer in the park as a team, try scoring in other ways, get some art project going, watch things like Dr. Who, Game of Thrones or Dexter where theres a clearly progressing story and the fun is understanding how all the plotlines etc interact but all in all stuff that takes an effort and it seems like it "matters".

GW2 PvE is like playing soccer against the wall or watching Family Guy: there is no effort even in the highest level explorables, no learning curve, no true interaction, the plotlines while loosely interconnected are still shallow and predictable all in all its bland and if your group is decent boring.

GW2 PvP on the other hand is awesome, too bad they are missing a few features for now.

Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    Than the game its not for you, for me and the other 9 fanboys that play its awesome. I cant understand what are you trying to prove tbh. Its just a clash of opinions.
    I'm trying to say that current gw2 endgame lacks challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    And then on the weekends when i actually have time i want to play with enthusiastic people on something that seems to matter or requires focus, skill or whatnot instead of time.

Like take real life for example:
    On weekdays to get down from work/university i like watching family guy/south park/shin chan episodes i have probably already seen and that are just fun to look at for a short while without being to taxing.
    On the weekends i like playing soccer in the park as a team, try scoring in other ways, get some art project going, watch things like Dr. Who, Game of Thrones or Dexter where theres a clearly progressing story and the fun is understanding how all the plotlines etc interact but all in all stuff that takes an effort and it seems like it "matters".

GW2 PvE is like playing soccer against the wall or watching Family Guy: there is no effort even in the highest level explorables, no learning curve, no true interaction, the plotlines while loosely interconnected are still shallow and predictable all in all its bland and if your group is decent boring.

GW2 PvP on the other hand is awesome, too bad they are missing a few features for now.
    Well, you're entitled to your opinion. I thought raids were boring, tedious, predicatble and easy as long as you could read. I'm having a blast with explorables, which I think are actually very challenging. Maybe you're just too good at GW2 and I was too good at wow. To each his own!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KtN View Post
    I played GW2 once.

It was awful.
    I went to the library once.

Reading sucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    Perhaps the majority dont like it. I dont know. Is this a definite statement? You cant dismiss the entire game just becouse "majority dont like such things". For example for entire WotLK and Cataclysm while I played it my focus in WoW were achievements. Yes I raided, yes I did PvP, yes I optimized my gear. But my main goal was to get as much achievements as possible. Does this make me retarded or what? You say that "people don't wan't to be forced into doing such things" but that is exactly a thing I want to be forced into! Maybe we could just agree that both games are for slightly different demographics?

Yes but my point is achievements are ''side content'' if you like. The main focus of end game is pve or pvp. The OP is listing ''side content'' and claiming it's end game material, if that's the case then WoW has enough end game content to last the next 5 years.

''There's a 500 hour grind to get a legendary weapon skin - end game content''
    It's like me replying with ''there's thousands of hours worth of achievements to get in WoW - end game content.''

It's not as simple as that because even though the content is there only a small few will choose to go to such extremes. I just don't think GW2 as enough pve things to do that's actually fun at level 80, I have all my gear and run every dungeon available multiple times unless I roll an alt there's really not much to do....apart from the ''side content'' that really doesn't interest me and is rarely ever fun.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-09-24 at 02:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Congratulations!

I'm more of a "stop and smell the roses" kind of gamer, so who knows when I'll ever earn it.
    Me too :P spent roughly two hours yesterday exploring Divinity’s Reach for the first time. Went around and spoke to a lot of NPCs, read everything the talking NPCs had to say, and generally just had a lot of fun running around in what might be the most beautiful and stunning city in any fantasy game ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    because to them running over and grabbing a Point of Interest is content enough for them
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    They're not interested in challenges or anything, just collection and completion.
    Dead wrong.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    Me too :P spent roughly two hours yesterday exploring Divinity’s Reach for the first time. Went around and spoke to a lot of NPCs, read everything the talking NPCs had to say, and generally just had a lot of fun running around in what might be the most beautiful and stunning city in any fantasy game ever.
    You ever run around in Sanctum /Pandaemonium in Aion O: ?