Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK - North East England
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaela View Post
    I really, really, really hate levelling in SWTOR. After going through Imperial Balmorra for the fourth time it's just no. No is all I can say.
    Levelling in SWTOR is horrible. The different class stories didn't help either.
    To help with that I did more intensive bouts of PvP or Flashpoint runs at different level ranges for different alts so I missed different planets on different alts, that helped to keep the mission from going too stale too quickly. Obviously I had to do my class missions but on some planets that was all I did on a particular character on a particular panet then on an alt I did all of the missions on that planet and I missed a different planet.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaela View Post
    I really, really, really hate levelling in SWTOR. After going through Imperial Balmorra for the fourth time it's just no. No is all I can say.
    Levelling in SWTOR is horrible. The different class stories didn't help either.
    You hate what is widely regarded as the best part of the game....OK.

    SWTOR is the best MMO because it is the most fun MMO on the market.

    SWTOR is the best MMO because of TfB.
    WoW having more subs than SWTOR is the same thing as Justin Bieber having more youtube plays than Tupac. Just because its more popular doesn't mean its good.

    Warcraft Lore has gone from one of the most vast and interesting stories in all of gaming to a bad Thrall Fanfic by Chris Metzen.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    You hate what is widely regarded as the best part of the game....OK.

    SWTOR is the best MMO because it is the most fun MMO on the market.

    SWTOR is the best MMO because of TfB.
    So, let me get this straight. First, it's the best because of an Operation that was just released last week? So what was it before then, not the best? Second, "best" is subjective, but calling it the "most fun MMO on the market" goes beyond subjective. If it were the most fun, why has it hemorrhaged so many subscribers in such a short period of time?

    As for Ashaela's comment, I think you don't hate the leveling as opposed to leveling alts.

  4. #44
    The Patient Slugfest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In your fridge, drinking your beer
    Posts
    301
    The new OP is killer, especially on 16 man hard mode.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Magzilla View Post
    Hi Everyone, Today i'll talk about. why i love SWTOR, we could see many times why the people hate this game,
    and sometimes i get tired for this. but now i want to make you happy lol, if u think we are a community and we don't need yell all the time and cry like kids. (of course this is my opinion and i want to play this game and enjoy without the precion of the bad people in this community) (sorry if you feel bad when i sat this)
    And you are making a thread just to feel you have valid points... grow up and don't create these pointless flamewar starting threads.

  6. #46
    nope.
    10 char


    Quote Originally Posted by Lebonj View Post
    Facepalm.
    Another one of these threads?
    WoW has 10 million active subscribers. If that's dead, I'm a shoe.
    I'm certainly not a shoe.

  7. #47
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK - North East England
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    So, let me get this straight. First, it's the best because of an Operation that was just released last week? So what was it before then, not the best? Second, "best" is subjective, but calling it the "most fun MMO on the market" goes beyond subjective. If it were the most fun, why has it hemorrhaged so many subscribers in such a short period of time?

    As for Ashaela's comment, I think you don't hate the leveling as opposed to leveling alts.
    The OP asked for people opinions on why THEY think TOR is the best MMO out there, Iceberg was obviously just stating why he thinks it is the best MMO out there. Don't try and turn one of the very few positive threads about TOR into yet another TOR bash thread.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 06:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    And you are making a thread just to feel you have valid points... grow up and don't create these pointless flamewar starting threads.
    It wasn't a flamewar thread until you started.....It WAS one of the few positive TOR threads where some people who enjoy the game state why they enjoy the game....until the haters come online

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk View Post
    The OP asked for people opinions on why THEY think TOR is the best MMO out there, Iceberg was obviously just stating why he thinks it is the best MMO out there. Don't try and turn one of the very few positive threads about TOR into yet another TOR bash thread.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 06:49 PM ----------


    It wasn't a flamewar thread until you started.....It WAS one of the few positive TOR threads where some people who enjoy the game state why they enjoy the game....until the haters come online
    Actually, if you look at his past posts, Magzilla speaks English perfectly well. I'd have to say it's likely that it WAS started to become a flame war.

    And, Iceberg didn't quote OP in his response. He didn't specify it was OT. He didn't even preface his comments with "In my opinion" or "I believe". Both of those sentences were said as statements of fact.

  9. #49
    Blademaster Pallamouna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sta diala
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Magzilla View Post
    Hi Everyone, Today i'll talk about. why i love SWTOR, we could see many times why the people hate this game,
    and sometimes i get tired for this. but now i want to make you happy lol, if u think we are a community and we don't need yell all the time and cry like kids. (of course this is my opinion and i want to play this game and enjoy without the precion of the bad people in this community) (sorry if you feel bad when i sat this)

    1°: IT'S Not Fantasy. ( are u tired about Fantasy MMO?) well i am tired about fantasy MMO, Finally i can enjoy a game and it's not fantasy

    2° this is the most impportant thing why i think swtor is the best mmo. well take a guess why i think this but here is a track: "SW" (it's not difficult )

    3° LIGHTSABERS Woot!!!!! lol

    4°: i like the pvp here, it's true they need make World PVP with rewars but i like the pvp

    5° the voice is amazing. don't u like hear to malgus or satele shan or perhaps Mandalore ? heheh

    6° the leveling is very nice, it's good when you make another ALT and you don't have the same class story

    7°: PVE, The pve here is very good man, the operation are amazing and entertaining, (i want to play the new Operation right now )

    8° The gameplay here is awesome. and i know i played Tera but i still prefer the gameplay of SWTOR

    9° Legacy, this about legacy i like it, it's pretty awesome.

    10° Hutball woot!!! i know this is part of pvp but i love Hutball, it's like american football heheh

    Well i have more things why i love this game but i can't continue writing. and sorry about my english, i speak spanish lol

    May the force be with you always
    You forget i thing.Best graphics gamers meet on pc mmo game.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk View Post
    To help with that I did more intensive bouts of PvP or Flashpoint runs at different level ranges for different alts so I missed different planets on different alts, that helped to keep the mission from going too stale too quickly. Obviously I had to do my class missions but on some planets that was all I did on a particular character on a particular panet then on an alt I did all of the missions on that planet and I missed a different planet.
    Yeah, I've been doing this a lot too (and a lowbie marauder being funneled epic hilts from my main sure made 10-49s hilarious fun!!).

    I think I'm still jaded from Mage Blink fails on WoW and the related pathing issues of charge, heroic leap, etc., because one of my favorite things about SWTOR is Force Charge (and my main is a sorc). No pathing issues whatsoever, and the ability to charge to a different level of the gamefield??? Oh yeah! It's one of the things that makes Huttball (and the bridges on Voidstar) so much fun: they took an MMO and increased the importance of positioning (never stand where you can be charged by the ball carrier!), movement, and hindrance (i.e. that guy that just knocked you off or into a fire pit). Adds a little bit of a meta level to your standard MMO gameplay.

  11. #51
    My guild did TFB last week and it was awesome fun. They managed to do a tentacle/jumping platform boss infinitely better than Madness of Deathwing. I still laugh at how many times people fell through the world while trying to change platforms on Madness! The entire OP was bug free and had some really fun mechanics. I really like all the OPs we've had so far.

    I also rate the PVP very highly, it just seems more dynamic than a lot of other MMOs with a lot of charges, pulls and pushes. Pushing people into fire or into the void in Voidstar never gets old.

  12. #52
    Bloodsail Admiral Giants41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York, United States of America
    Posts
    1,064
    Great story everything else is average.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 06:51 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    You hate what is widely regarded as the best part of the game....OK.

    SWTOR is the best MMO because it is the most fun MMO on the market.

    SWTOR is the best MMO because of TfB.
    If it was fun people would still actually be playing it.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    If it was fun people would still actually be playing it.
    So iceberg265 isn't a person.

    Good to know they've landed. And apparently play swtor.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal, Tigerclaw
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post

    If it was fun people would still actually be playing it.
    B-but there are hundreds of thousands of people playing it.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    Great story everything else is average.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 06:51 PM ----------


    If it was fun people would still actually be playing it.
    people are still playing it, in my opinion it has better combat, the OPs are fun, the leveling is better than anything else around, the only problem it had is that it was forced to release to early so thats EAs fault and not BW as they wouldnt release a game until it was ready to go.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    B-but there are hundreds of thousands of people playing it.
    Apparently not. Those are either shape-shifting alien bounty hunters or human alien hybrids.

    12/20/2012.

    Its coming.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 11:26 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    If it was fun people would still actually be playing it.
    Its a good thing he said this after I unsubbed otherwise I wouldn't be eligible to vote.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal, Tigerclaw
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  17. #57
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK - North East England
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    If it was fun people would still actually be playing it.
    I'm still playing it and last time I looked Iwas a person...possibly not a great example of a person but still a person.

    I was enjoying looking at this thread to see what other like minded people enjoyed about TOR...can we leave the hate at the door on this one please.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    Great story everything else is average.
    The problem with comments like this is that you give no examples. What's average?

    - PVP is good (dynamic, reasonably balanced, medal system is good)
    - OPs and FPs are good (great atmosphere, fun mechanics, LI/KUS/EC/TFB are some of the best dungeons/raids ever in MMOs)
    - Combat system is good (actually have to manage resources, lots of knockbacks/pushes/pulls, varied abilites depending on strength of opponent eg weak/strong/elite/champion)
    - Story you admitted was good
    - companions are a nice addition

    I could keep going on, but I'd hardly call it average. What would you suggest that needs work? The only downside I see at the moment is the time it takes to deliver content, but if it's as polished as what TFB is I am more than happy. We ran it the other night and didn't see a single bug, can't say the same for some of the recent raids in other games. I guess Dual spec and an outfitter are the only other addition that I'd like to see.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    The problem with comments like this is that you give no examples.
    You can't expect people who don't know the game to give specifics. Just to criticize with vague things like "I just didn't feel right" or "IT WAZ MEGA FAIL"
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal, Tigerclaw
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  20. #60
    I found it rather funny that some games adopted the heavily companion focused playstyle from SWTOR like EQ2.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •