Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why i think SWTOR is the best MMO (List)

Hi Everyone, Today i'll talk about. why i love SWTOR, we could see many times why the people hate this game,
    and sometimes i get tired for this. but now i want to make you happy lol, if u think we are a community and we don't need yell all the time and cry like kids. (of course this is my opinion and i want to play this game and enjoy without the precion of the bad people in this community) (sorry if you feel bad when i sat this)

1°: IT'S Not Fantasy. ( are u tired about Fantasy MMO?) well i am tired about fantasy MMO, Finally i can enjoy a game and it's not fantasy

2° this is the most impportant thing why i think swtor is the best mmo. well take a guess why i think this but here is a track: "SW" (it's not difficult )

3° LIGHTSABERS Woot!!!!! lol

4°: i like the pvp here, it's true they need make World PVP with rewars but i like the pvp

5° the voice is amazing. don't u like hear to malgus or satele shan or perhaps Mandalore ? heheh

6° the leveling is very nice, it's good when you make another ALT and you don't have the same class story

7°: PVE, The pve here is very good man, the operation are amazing and entertaining, (i want to play the new Operation right now )

8° The gameplay here is awesome. and i know i played Tera but i still prefer the gameplay of SWTOR

9° Legacy, this about legacy i like it, it's pretty awesome.

10° Hutball woot!!! i know this is part of pvp but i love Hutball, it's like american football heheh

Well i have more things why i love this game but i can't continue writing. and sorry about my english, i speak spanish lol

May the force be with you always

I support this thread, I'm too tired just waking up for work to add to it, but I agree with everything you've listed. SWTOR may have many faults, but damn I still love the game.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Magzilla View Post
    Hi Everyone, Today i'll talk about. why i love SWTOR, we could see many times why the people hate this game,
    and sometimes i get tired for this. but now i want to make you happy lol, if u think we are a community and we don't need yell all the time and cry like kids. (of course this is my opinion and i want to play this game and enjoy without the precion of the bad people in this community) (sorry if you feel bad when i sat this)

1°: IT'S Not Fantasy. ( are u tired about Fantasy MMO?) well i am tired about fantasy MMO, Finally i can enjoy a game and it's not fantasy

2° this is the most impportant thing why i think swtor is the best mmo. well take a guess why i think this but here is a track: "SW" (it's not difficult )

3° LIGHTSABERS Woot!!!!! lol

4°: i like the pvp here, it's true they need make World PVP with rewars but i like the pvp

5° the voice is amazing. don't u like hear to malgus or satele shan or perhaps Mandalore ? heheh

6° the leveling is very nice, it's good when you make another ALT and you don't have the same class story

7°: PVE, The pve here is very good man, the operation are amazing and entertaining, (i want to play the new Operation right now )

8° The gameplay here is awesome. and i know i played Tera but i still prefer the gameplay of SWTOR

9° Legacy, this about legacy i like it, it's pretty awesome.

10° Hutball woot!!! i know this is part of pvp but i love Hutball, it's like american football heheh

Well i have more things why i love this game but i can't continue writing. and sorry about my english, i speak spanish lol

May the force be with you always
    Star Wars is Science Fantasy, not Science Fiction.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

what the heck number 2?

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    what the heck number 2?
    I think his point is that the fact that it's STAR WARS is all that is needed.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    i thought star wars was singleplayer by now and not a mmorpg anymore... or did they actually merge servers?

servers are merged, i am just gonna wait till it gets f2p then ill play the all the classes and see the stories.

i think swtor was an excellent game, pvp was amazing and actually BALANCED. only problem with the game was that it was to easy. i beat the entire game (literally) by lvling all characters of all classes to 50, full war hero gear, beat nightmare kp, ev, and HM denova with no problem. I just ran out of content and got bored.
    Bane

Deleted
    I played SWTOR for a few months when it came out. It was enjoyable and had some fun aspects, namely Hutball wich was an awesome pvp BG. But overall..... meh.
    Too many loading screens, way too much conversations that got annoying with each new alt made, etc etc.

Im not gonna rant too much, but all i say is i expected something better then what it eventually turned out to be.

I loved SWTOR, it just feels like wow with a different skin ontop of it, but with significantly less features.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Star Wars is Science Fantasy, not Science Fiction.
    NO, ITS FANTASY SCIENCE!!!

Science fantasy has X-men!

Fantasy Science has Sith!

There is an obvious difference between these vague terms!

jk.

I love these boards :P
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I don't get it. Every other post this guy has is in perfect english....

---------- Post added 2012-09-22 at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    i think swtor was an excellent game, pvp was amazing and actually BALANCED. only problem with the game was that it was to easy. i beat the entire game (literally) by lvling all characters of all classes to 50, full war hero gear, beat nightmare kp, ev, and HM denova with no problem. I just ran out of content and got bored.
    Hmmmm. Perhaps you never ran up against a Marauder/Sentinel.

It is great to see ppl still enjoying the game. I had fun w/ it for a few months and then the decline in population is what eventually got me but has since been remedied. I look forward to the F2P model and may even end up resub'g if all the changes since my leaving in March make it worthwhile. The fact that it is Science Fiction/Fantasy was not enough to hold my interest.
    The game is good though and I enjoyed it very much just couldn't sacrifice the hour+ of time it took to gather a group for OPs and FPs when I get only 3 hours blocks to play.
    Would like to get back at my 50 Sith Sorc and experience Denova and the new OP/s and FPs.

Any word on ETA for F2P?

Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    It is great to see ppl still enjoying the game. I had fun w/ it for a few months and then the decline in population is what eventually got me but has since been remedied. I look forward to the F2P model and may even end up resub'g if all the changes since my leaving in March make it worthwhile. The fact that it is Science Fiction/Fantasy was not enough to hold my interest.
    The game is good though and I enjoyed it very much just couldn't sacrifice the hour+ of time it took to gather a group for OPs and FPs when I get only 3 hours blocks to play.
    Would like to get back at my 50 Sith Sorc and experience Denova and the new OP/s and FPs.

Any word on ETA for F2P?
    November.
    +10char
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I don't know what's going on, after playing a bit of GW2 and a little bit of WoW, I'm most interested in playing SW:tOR.
    This same thing basically happened to me. My RL best friend is so into GW2, and I really want to be, but I just can't get into it.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've been playing WoW for years with Aion between, then took up Star Wars for a few months until shelving it for GW2, then I stopped GW2 and played WoW. Now this week I suddenly have the urge to play Star Wars again but I debated against it because the WoW expansion will take up most my time..

SWTOR certainly does have a way with drawing me back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    I think you belong to a very rare group of players which never have problems to find people to do stuff or you just joined [insert progression guild] get equipped and are bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post

Any word on ETA for F2P?
    The group finder really does help people like you and me, they just have to add* some more operations.

*the amount of people not understanding what is required of them is something I have never seen before in any game. People who check in for lost island hardmoe in green lvl 45 gear are just one example and unfortunately I think that's the problem why they didn't add more operation options.

PvP with people who actually know what to do is fun, as I have mostly only time for random PvP it can get really really frustrating. Not understanding the objectives but also not understanding the class they are playing, either SWTOR gets tons of new people are some are just immun to learning. Also... at least on my server (and the two previous), republic site is 5x more aweful to play in pvp as is the imperial site. Don't know why but that's my experience since the game came out.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    after playing swtor for a while and getting 2 50s in the game, ive come to the conclusion that swtor woulda been alot more successful as a single player RPG then as a MMO, based purely on the merits, that it has no end game or its end game was wayyy to easy, that it was done in > a month...(while i dont have any personal experience on the matter, this is what ive heard from friends, i was a pvper in swtor)....so my 2c

Quote Originally Posted by Noujou View Post
    after playing swtor for a while and getting 2 50s in the game, ive come to the conclusion that swtor woulda been alot more successful as a single player RPG then as a MMO, based purely on the merits, that it has no end game or its end game was wayyy to easy, that it was done in > a month...(while i dont have any personal experience on the matter, this is what ive heard from friends, i was a pvper in swtor)....so my 2c
    So basically KOTOR.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    I support this thread, I'm too tired just waking up for work to add to it, but I agree with everything you've listed. SWTOR may have many faults, but damn I still love the game.
    This. I love this game, despite its faults. It's honestly some of the most fun I've had in an MMO (the storyline, being able to develop your character etc). I left briefly for GW2, which I'd anticipated for years, but now that I've had my share of it (don't get me wrong, I still love GW2), I'm resubscribing. I love both games. <3
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Dr. Carl Sagan