Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
22
... LastLast
  1. #221
    I'm not into arena or ranked battlegrounds, but I love it when the Horde pay a visit to stormwind, and we go visit them for some payback. Its been happening a lot more since the change and I love it. And I'll tell you what - a lot of the others on the server are loving it too judging by the number of players getting involved.

    I'm on a PvE server and it's other pve servers forming groups and raiding. I love it! I like my questing and the odd BG to relieve boredom or gain some fun xp but if it's red - it's dead. And that includes me.
    Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Who are you to tell someone their choice is stupid in the first place.

    Sounds to me like this thread is trying to shore up the obvious insecurities caused by the fact that the feature is indeed widely disliked as it stands.
    It's been a long while since I ever agreed with the person with the scrunchy-faced Kirmit avatars... but I'm feeling this might actually probably be true. >_<

    It's almost as if the PVP players have an organized campaign to fight against anybody who even SEEMS like they're threatening their ability to be perpetual virtual bullies again (and we're not! Honest! You can keep your CRZ! Just get rid of it on Normal realms or give Normal Realms an opt-out option! EVERYBODY WINS then! :P)
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    There's a Change.org on this topic? Good lord, really?

    That's really, really silly. Change.org should be used for stuff that actually matters.

  4. #224
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    167
    The cross-realm zones have breathed new life into my server... Haven't seen this kind of activity since Burning Crusade. Hopefully this will lead to epic battles at the Crossroads and the Gates of Orgrimmar like old times...

  5. #225
    Scarab Lord Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    It's been a long while since I ever agreed with the person with the scrunchy-faced Kirmit avatars... but I'm feeling this might actually probably be true. >_<

    It's almost as if the PVP players have an organized campaign to fight against anybody who even SEEMS like they're threatening their ability to be perpetual virtual bullies again (and we're not! Honest! You can keep your CRZ! Just get rid of it on Normal realms or give Normal Realms an opt-out option! EVERYBODY WINS then! :P)
    It's just most people for it are trying to cite people's apparent (nonexistant) aversion towards PVP.. When that's just not the case.

    The feature has brought far more problems to the table other than ganking, and people need to realize that.

    You say they'll be fixed, sure that's a nice thought. I would be inclined to believe that if the very same bugs people claim will be sorted out, haven't been around since the features FIRST bout of testing. Because as it stands, most of these looming issues being fixed are pipe dreams until the next major patch post-release, and even then I doubt we'll have made any significant progress.

    And personally, I feel as though Blizzard is going to leave the PvE / PvP overlap in-tact, purposefully.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bellentino View Post
    The cross-realm zones have breathed new life into my server... Haven't seen this kind of activity since Burning Crusade. Hopefully this will lead to epic battles at the Crossroads and the Gates of Orgrimmar like old times...
    Oh my lord, people aren't completely grasping this feature are they?

    Your server is NOT ALIVE, you are seeing the populations of OTHER SERVERS, not yours! Your server is still as it was, other than the questionable functionality of this newly reintroduced 'world pvp', your server has gained absolutely nothing from the feature.

    I ask for people not to be fooled by this, if only to not get their expectations up.
    Last edited by Conscious; 2012-09-22 at 02:48 AM.
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

  6. #226
    i dont get it this is a mmo the game isnt single player pvp wss implemented for a reason also

  7. #227
    Good, pardon me for language, but these kinds of fucking bitches need to get off World of Warcraft. They are the cancer that ruin this game. CRZ is hands down the best feature of MoP, and defines Garrosh's war lorewise.

    Also, no offense but is it me, or are these stupid babies Alliance most of the time?

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMonster View Post
    i dont get it this is a mmo the game isnt single player pvp wss implemented for a reason also
    ...then by your definition, Battlefield 3, Halo and Multiplayer Grand-Theft-Auto IV are also MMOs... random players slapped together into an area, interact with eachother, and then depart said zone a few minutes later. I don't see any difference between those games and CRZ's WoW.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-22 at 02:53 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Good, pardon me for language, but these kinds of fucking bitches need to get off World of Warcraft. They are the cancer that ruin this game. CRZ is hands down the best feature of MoP, and defines Garrosh's war lorewise.

    Also, no offense but is it me, or are these stupid babies Alliance most of the time?
    Why is it that most pro-PVP people (and most pro CRZ people) tend to be the ones with serious anger management issues? (Which is, Ironically, a bigger cancer to any society...weither it's WoW or Real-life)
    Last edited by mvallas; 2012-09-22 at 02:54 AM.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  9. #229
    I'm just Pro-PvP friend. But I have a striking point. I remember when DKs had a fun bug, and I just tried it a little, some scumbags were demanding for PERMANENT BANS. Then now, when legit kickass PVP is put in the game, the SAME bitches are threatening Blizzard again.

    And you know what? If these dorks cry enough, bye bye CRZ. It's how the game works sadly.

  10. #230
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Your server is NOT ALIVE, you are seeing the populations of OTHER SERVERS, not yours! Your server is still as it was, other than the questionable functionality of this newly reintroduced 'world pvp', your server has gained absolutely nothing from the feature.

    I ask for people not to be fooled by this, if only to not get their expectations up.
    Hey, at least in Goldshire we have all kinds of players duking it out in duels again! It might not be TOTALLY like old times but there's people around regardless! I welcome it with open arms!

  11. #231
    Herald of the Titans Aqua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    2,636
    I see the downsides but I love the upsides more, being able to hop over to my friends realms on a whim nearly brought a tear to the eye.

    We spent hours just screwing around and had fun. It felt really good to be able to see those who'd moved on to greater glory on other realms and do things with them.

    I'll deal with resources being fought and bickered over, I'll deal with rares being camped by hundreds, but I'm just so much more happy to see the zones filled and populated again.
    Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    Yeah, it's always WAR WAR WAR untill..BY ALL THAT IS HOLY DO YOU SEE THAT ENEMY OVER THERE?? GLORIOUS LOOT!!!!!

  12. #232
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    When traversing Azeroth, players may encounter players from other realms who share their same realm type. PvE with PvE, PvP with PvP, RP-PvP with RP-PvP, and RP-PvE with RP-PvE.

    The exception to this is that players are freely able to invite Real ID and BattleTag friends to join their party, even if their realm types do not match. In this case, players will be randomly placed within a party member’s realm. While it might be a little disconcerting to know that players from non-RP realms are adventuring in RP realms, or that players from PvP realms are exploring PvE realms, this is working as intended. Those players are in the company of friends from the target realm.
    Oh holy hell Blizz... HOLY hell...

    Did you REALLY just open up a free griefing door to let PVP realms outright attack PVE realms!? SERIOUSLY!?! >_<

    Do you honestly think that, for ONE minute, they're not going to create level 1 alts on PVE servers, form raids and then grief them? Look at the damn DARKMOON RABIT issue!
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  13. #233
    Can someone PM to me exactly what everyones problem with CRZ are? I haven't been keeping up with it. The only problem I have is I like to level in solitude.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

    When arguing online I like to use big words. Because by the time they're done googling it, they have forgotten what their point was.

  14. #234
    Scarab Lord Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    I'm just Pro-PvP friend. But I have a striking point. I remember when DKs had a fun bug, and I just tried it a little, some scumbags were demanding for PERMANENT BANS. Then now, when legit kickass PVP is put in the game, the SAME bitches are threatening Blizzard again.

    And you know what? If these dorks cry enough, bye bye CRZ. It's how the game works sadly.
    CRZ doesn't have to go, no one is advocating for it's demise, merely to be adjusted so that those who want to utilize it, can do so, and those who want no part in it, can shut it off.

    Limit it to PvP servers, and let the rest of the folks deal. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, yes?

    But Blizzard seems hell bent on forcing it upon those who don't want it, and will pay dearly for it imo.
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

  15. #235
    While i like the idea.. im not too thrilled with it. Double bladed sword
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

    General George S Patton

  16. #236
    let them quit, no one will miss them

  17. #237
    Anyone who is saying they are going to quit because of Cross realm zones obviously didn't play back in the day. Sure, ganking isn't fun and I can see why people are upset about it, but that use to happen way more often when zones had a decent population. I mean why in the world would you choose a PvP server when you don't want any kind of pvp to happen to you? There is a reason why there are Pve severs.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2012-09-22 at 03:22 AM.

  18. #238
    The Patient Redwine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    CANADA, Eh
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    While I think it's silly to quit over something like this, I'm personally not too happy with the cross realm zones either. It's cool to see people walk around Winterspring while doing archaeology I'm a little sad I can't farm things like Essence of Air in peace anymore. All of sudden there is competition over low level mobs and that annoys me. I decided not to join an overpopulated server for a reason.

    But oh well I'll live with it.
    Some people too need low popualted relams because their computer can handle the busy-ness.
    Can't afford a new computer, but love the game.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The way it works for me is that when I join my daughter on her PVP realm, I'm flagged for PVP. When she joins me on my PVE realm she is not flagged for PVP. This is how it's gone for me personally the last 5 nights in a row.
    ...does everybody play like you and your daughter? I think even you know the answer to that one... >_<
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    CRZ doesn't have to go, no one is advocating for it's demise, merely to be adjusted so that those who want to utilize it, can do so, and those who want no part in it, can shut it off.

    Limit it to PvP servers, and let the rest of the folks deal. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, yes?

    But Blizzard seems hell bent on forcing it upon those who don't want it, and will pay dearly for it imo.
    Garrosh expressed desire to commit genocide on the Alliance, and the latter responded with Garrosh's demise being promised. What does this mean? It's a fucking all out war now, do you not expect to see hostile faction mercenaries/adventurers and killing stupid Pygmys in a casual Indiana Jones rip-off zone? Fuck no.

    It's brilliant to force PvP on the casuals to let them know it's war. You better take a look around you at all times if you want that mine, because you can bet that some Orc will come by and cut your head off, with another Night Elf killing that Orc, and then the little mine spot turns into a chaotic skirmish.

    It's thrilling and wonderful, and people need to get used to it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •