Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    It was tested in MoP beta, and good riddance.
    Tested? Or what happened with Cata, where folks were more searching for exploits than reporting bugs?

Went in this morning to play some in Panda land, and if folks think seeing anything from gray tabards in the cut scenes to poor, poor, poor storytelling is "AAA" they simply don't know quality. Chinese motifs and Japanese names for critters, agh, what I feared in yet another Western take of Asia (but of course they'll ignore the bugs, and just hype the looks, again).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Blademaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Tested? Or what happened with Cata, where folks were more searching for exploits than reporting bugs?

Went in this morning to play some in Panda land, and if folks think seeing anything from gray tabards in the cut scenes to poor, poor, poor storytelling is "AAA" they simply don't know quality. Chinese motifs and Japanese names for critters, agh, what I feared in yet another Western take of Asia (but of course they'll ignore the bugs, and just hype the looks, again).
    Stock up on red bull questing in Four Winds and Krasarang.

As for the PvP issue with CRZ...Rolling on a pvp server, people expect some issues. But dealing with people on one's own server, a player at least needed some sort of integrity because they could be held accountable for their actions. People from another server ganking you might as well be anonymous. Insert Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory. Now they can make the lives of folks leveling their alts miserable without being held accountable!

And with BenBos and his stale argument of technological marvels...Until folks from other realms are able to join a guilds and contribute to the poor economies of low population realms, I am going to call CRZ exactly what it is. Smoke and mirrors. A bad implementation of a good idea. And finally, a cheap way to prevent server mergers.
    Last edited by EZduzit; 2012-11-17 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris
    Before CRZ people chose to transfer/raise their alts on faction dominated servers to mininumize the ganking.

With CRZ that no longer is an option for raising alts. You can't blame people being upset if they chose something that existed, then doesn't at a flick of a finger -- especially if they paid extra.

I went ahead and got MoP, and going to test CRZ out after 3 months of updates (30 days free, so not really resubbing). Will have an update on this matter before then.
    Oh man, you made a whole new account?
    Last edited by alturic; 2012-11-18 at 03:24 AM.

Some people quit because the game is just bad
    Jaedek <sup fresh our turn baby>

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedeklol View Post
    Somepeople, like me, want to quit, and know our time with games aren't over but there's simply nothing "better" out there. I'm extremely bored with WoW (from capping ANOTHER toon max gold, to PvP, to raiding) and I've tried (literally) every other boxed MMO out there and none on them come close to the polish/fluidity/responsiveness that WoW has. They all feel clunky. So I can ubsub and then within days it's like "ahh hell, resub" and that night or the next, I'm bored again.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Somepeople, like me, want to quit, and know our time with games aren't over but there's simply nothing "better" out there. I'm extremely bored with WoW (from capping ANOTHER toon max gold, to PvP, to raiding) and I've tried (literally) every other boxed MMO out there and none on them come close to the polish/fluidity/responsiveness that WoW has. They all feel clunky. So I can ubsub and then within days it's like "ahh hell, resub" and that night or the next, I'm bored again.
    Sound like an addict making excuses to keep your addiction going. Trust me there is better out there - and at the very least, taking a good long break from WoW should reset your perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Radoria View Post
    Yeah I have to agree with everything the OP says here. I've heard of plenty of reasons for people quitting WoW and this is probably the most irrational I've heard yet.

This is actually a really cool feature imo. It's nice to go to zones that weren't being used much and actually seeing a few people wandering around.
    Saves people having to get their mummies to play so they are not lonely no doubt lol

- lag
    - bots
    - bugs (passenger dismount ESPECIALLY!!!!!)
    - griefing (or "pvp" as some people here like to call it)

When my brother was leveling up he would get ganked about every 10 minutes.
    normal people do not like to put up with this bullshit. especially when there is absolutely no benefit to having other players around, all the mobs are just fucking pushovers. and grouping up so you dont get griefed? griefing was not a HUGE problem before CRZ was implemented anyway.
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Vishiz View Post
    bitch about zones being dead for years, zones are now alive, time to quit, typical wow player.
    This. I friggin love CRZ it's so fun to see horde players when im just in the world for once (my server is mostly ally and I am horde) why would anyone be against this?
    Lok'tar ogar! victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde, I give my flesh and blood freely to the warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my warchief's command. From this moment until the end of days I live and die- For the Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedeklol View Post
    Yeah, and then they go on to the "LF RaF" thread and ask to be recruited and provided the battlechest and the upgrade to MoP (lol).

People seriously cry about problems that don't exist. I dare you to play DC Universe Online, Rift, Tera, even Gw2.... botting? lack of end-game? hackers? abusers? low pops?... you eint seen shit until now.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    God no... not pvp on a pvp server!!! NOOOOO!!!!

Ganking lowbies is stupid, annoying and perfectly legal on pvp servers.
    potentially getting ganked as you level - fair play

ganking causing you to be denied what you are legally entitled too (i.e. what you paid for) - not justified by any means

sadly, nothing can be done. Morality goes down the drain when gamers have the power to dominate over other players. Look at GY camping in bgs for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post

ganking causing you to be denied what you are legally entitled too (i.e. what you paid for) - not justified by any means

sadly, nothing can be done. Morality goes down the drain when gamers have the power to dominate over other players. Look at GY camping in bgs for instance.
    You are not being denied anything. You choose a pvp server. If you don't like it roll pve.

Quote Originally Posted by shocktopuslol View Post
    When my brother was leveling up he would get ganked about every 10 minutes.
    normal people do not like to put up with this bullshit. especially when there is absolutely no benefit to having other players around, all the mobs are just fucking pushovers. and grouping up so you dont get griefed? griefing was not a HUGE problem before CRZ was implemented anyway.
    Once again someone on a PvP server complaining about getting ganked.

It would be more accurate to rename almost all the "CRZ sucks" threads to "I play on a PvP server and I hate getting ganked(but I refuse to play on a PvE server)".

While I'm not actually playing at the moment myself, I do find the idea of quitting over CRZ to be a very silly reason to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post

PvE Realm ---> that way.
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

"PvP is like playing chess"

The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Oh man, you made a whole new account?
    Huh?

I just upgraded my 3 accounts and running it for 30 days. If it pans out I might resub, but as I told my sis, I really don't want to play WoW at this point. If Blizzard had a WotLK only expansion realm, I'd be happy there playing. Not this bouncing all over the universe with little consistency, let alone never knowing home will be blown up next deal. Blizzard is so inconsistent with changing "comfort zones" I can't trust them in blowing up their IP just for kicks. -_-

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 07:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Once again someone on a PvP server complaining about getting ganked.

It would be more accurate to rename almost all the "CRZ sucks" threads to "I play on a PvP server and I hate getting ganked(but I refuse to play on a PvE server)".
    Or better, refund my $25 for transfering to a faction dominated realm to be free of ganking (as the reprecussions are nasty).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    Xrealm is amazing, zones are alive, there is wpvp occasionally, it's just that much better.

If people think that farming ore/herbs is their #1 concern, they should really question why they play warcraft.

(Back in BC on isle of quel'danas, if a Khorium node spawned, people would literally fight over it for 15 minutes)
    In Isle of Quel'danas mobs spawned instantly at times if enough players were around. Crzs are only counting players from their own server. There could be 10 players waiting for mobs to spawn and the zone's server is still reading 0 players in the area.

You're right about nodes/herbs in Quel'danas being rare, but we also had 4 other less filled zones to farm in. With CRZ every zone is Quel'danas, but mobs, pets, rare spawns, nodes and herbs are spawning really slow. When I need low lvl ore I have to check the AH, then hope my server's bot got lucky and was able to farm the ore I need.

I doubt Blizzard intended this, but they appear happy with CRZ and it's bugs. As long as people keep saying, "pvp on a pvp server; deal with it" Blizzard will keep CRZ, while ignoring the many negatives CRZ brings that have nothing to do with Pvp. If CRZ worked as well as Quel'danas did in BC, people wouldn't be complaining like they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Sound like an addict making excuses to keep your addiction going. Trust me there is better out there - and at the very least, taking a good long break from WoW should reset your perspective.
    No, there really isn't better (MMOs) out there. The only, and I repeat, ONLY MMO that comes close to capturing me like WoW once did was Rift, and even then it just doesn't "feel" as dynamic/fluid as WoW does. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game (maxed a toon out, so it's not like I got to level 10 and loled at it) but it just doesn't "capture" it for me.

An addict? Of what exactly? WoW? If I was addicted to WoW, I don't think I'd get bored of it, try something new and then go back within days just to be bored of it within 48 hours.

Now, if you're saying an addict of gaming, sure I'd agree with ya there.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 10:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Huh?

I just upgraded my 3 accounts and running it for 30 days. If it pans out I might resub, but as I told my sis, I really don't want to play WoW at this point. If Blizzard had a WotLK only expansion realm, I'd be happy there playing. Not this bouncing all over the universe with little consistency, let alone never knowing home will be blown up next deal. Blizzard is so inconsistent with changing "comfort zones" I can't trust them in blowing up their IP just for kicks. -_-

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 07:48 PM ----------

Or better, refund my $25 for transfering to a faction dominated realm to be free of ganking (as the reprecussions are nasty).
    Oh no, you said you got 30 days for free, figured you got a whole new account.

Quote Originally Posted by AiAtola View Post
    PvP happend in realms made for open world PvP. Working as intended. If you don't like open world PvP, don't play on realms specifically made for open world PvP.

Problem solved.
    Everytime someone labels "I'm a mighty imba roxX0r slaughter machine who, gets bullied in school and is too bad for real PvP so I go kill enemies 50 levels below me for an hour!" as PvP, I die a little inside.

/edit: eased my spelling. Not gonna get banned for this.
    Last edited by Ninaran; 2012-11-18 at 03:30 AM.

Dreadlord
    brand new feature with some kinks to work out.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.