Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ...
24
32
33
34
  1. #661
    I am not laughing at all Kezzik. I don't know what your reputation is at. But before MOP I tried to farm Netherwing rep and let me tell ya it was very very bad. I had to search for a single mob to kill for 20 minutes and competing against a hunter who was standing and shooting in range vs I was in cat form trying to jump and kill 1 mob out of 6 I had to kill. Spending more than an hour on one quest is pathetic.

    Also if you are not a skinner try going to deepholme and try to skin dragons. I am on very high pop server and before it was moderate and I didn't mind players from my realm and worked with timers when certain people would leave, I'd come but now there's not a single dragon alive. They ALL die asap too many people there as well as horde.

    It creates frustration, anger, and it's bad enough you have to spend 4-6 hours on doing gazillon dailies now but competing with more players form cross realms when you are on one of the TOP highly pop server is even worse. CRZ is the worse idea evar and I don't blame those who are quitting.

    Maybe one day you'll face that problem and you'll be like "let me mine some outlands ore" but there wouldn't be any ore......cause of the CRZ

  2. #662
    Brewmaster chaosjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Old Tristam
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    CRZ is pretty fun. Anybody who whines about either being ganked on a pvp server (lol at that reason to hate CRZ) or they have to farm for peacebloom longer (lol at that reason to hate CRZ).

    Anybody who plays on a pvp server and gets ganked and then comes to the forums to complain about being ganked/camped is an idiot and needs to unsub asap. The game already has enough idiots and the WoW community would be better off with those types of players going to play solitaire instead.
    I like CRZ and I dislike it. But there was a reason why I paid 160 euro to move my char's to a low populated server.

    Gotta agree that CRZ gives all the drawbacks of high populated servers and none of the bonuses. Just means my server's economy got screwed over more.
    But the inviting a friend to my server so we can quest together is awesome.

    Active Wow Player | Active D3 Player | Active Eve Player | Active Wot Player | Eve Gametime | Youtube / Twitter

  3. #663
    Quote Originally Posted by magazz View Post
    I am not laughing at all Kezzik. I don't know what your reputation is at. But before MOP I tried to farm Netherwing rep and let me tell ya it was very very bad. I had to search for a single mob to kill for 20 minutes and competing against a hunter who was standing and shooting in range vs I was in cat form trying to jump and kill 1 mob out of 6 I had to kill. Spending more than an hour on one quest is pathetic.
    Spending more than an hour realising you could just pull with moonfire and then go cat form is...? Even not starting with a stealthed opener, its not like you can't basically one shot netherwing mobs moonfire at 90 anyway...
    "Moral reason must learn how to make coercion its ally without running the risk of a Pyrrhic victory in which the ally exploits and negates the triumph."

  4. #664
    And yet malls were intended to serve a certain capacity of people whether you like it or not. The same goes for zones in this game. Blizzard didn't intend on allowing zones to be empty and for players to have free reign over all the resources and quest mobs they desire with absolutely zero competition.
    They weren't empty and they sure as hell didn't have free-reighn over all resources. Many of our normal servers (the majority with med populations) had plenty of competition prior to CRZ. Prior to CRZ, normal servers were like Malls during weekends. Post-CRZ has made the servers like shopping malls during Black Friday... every day...

    The only ones who had "Free reign" over resources were the low-pop servers... and they hated because by definition they had nobody to sell it to.

    Now with CRZ, the lower-pop servers still have nobody to sell it to - but now can't even farm it effectively for themselves.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  5. #665
    It's all about greed...the only reason Blizz did CRZ is to save money on server costs...

  6. #666
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by SkitZoFrenic View Post
    It's all about greed...the only reason Blizz did CRZ is to save money on server costs...
    Well not the only reason. The mealy-mouthed BS reason is that it make the world more alive. Sure it does... with jerks to gank you and/or the idiots you find in LFR. YIPPEE SKIPPEE DO HURRAY. Not. F CRZ. Seriously. Frigging hate it. Won't level my monk because of it. Oh the world's more alive, GOOOOOD for YOUUUUUUU.

  7. #667
    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Well not the only reason. The mealy-mouthed BS reason is that it make the world more alive. Sure it does... with jerks to gank you and/or the idiots you find in LFR. YIPPEE SKIPPEE DO HURRAY. Not. F CRZ. Seriously. Frigging hate it. Won't level my monk because of it. Oh the world's more alive, GOOOOOD for YOUUUUUUU.
    Another person who rolled on a PvP server and is complaining about being ganked? I used to think 90% of the CRZ complaints were from people on PvP servers who don't want to be on PvP servers. Now I'm thinking it's more like 99%.

  8. #668
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    If you truly understood how cross realm zones work you would understand not all zones are a part of it. In fact a good majority of them aren't.
    The ones I said are exempt. The other ones are part of it. If my statement is incorrect come with something which refutes it factual instead of this load of unsubstantial oompah of yours.

    It is only the zones flagged by Blizzard manually as not having an appropriate amount of players.
    Completely irrelevant, doesn't justify it. Can be fixed the same way it works in Pandaria (via realID/battletag) which is how I quested with a friend the other day. Also, doesn't address problems of phasing bugs with pet battles, increased competition (but not spawn rate) of rares, ganking/grieving of leveling players, increased competition for mobs and resources.

    Either way the point remains Blizzard intended for there to be competition for things liike TLPD and it is entirely irrelevant who got it and which realm they are on.
    I know exactly what Blizzard intended with it, and for many reasons I don't like it. There was a theoretical reason I never seen in practice why I disliked it and now I saw this reason from first hand experience.

    The mount is for you not your realm if you don't get the mount it shouldn't matter who did.
    Wrong, pre-CRZ the spawn was for my realm. The spawn gives 100% mount. So you can derive from that the mount is for my realm if someone managed to kill it. That is how it used to be. I indeed don't give a rat who gets it, but I do feel happy for that person to get it.

    So like I said, grow up.
    Once again, the same strawman.

    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    The problem is you have never ever at any point whatsoever had a choice in who plays around you.
    Yes you do have a choice who is playing around you, but such choice is affected by other people's choice who they play around as well. That's how voluntary grouping works. CRZ is not voluntary. If you don't like the neighborhood you can move to another. But with CRZ you can't live on a ranch in the plains in a small town neighborhood anymore because Blizzard decided we should all live in the suburbs of the city, cozy together. Some people like low pop, just like some people hate malls. I actually don't like them, and as far as I am concerned the US of A can keep that where they invented it because I prefer to buy my bread at the bakery and my meat at the butcher. In my country, even in cities there are still specialty stores like that, but yeah its fierce competition with malls. If I need to order a special item I know exactly what it is I want and I usually buy it via this huge mall called the internet.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  9. #669

  10. #670
    Herald of the Titans Ciddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,944
    I'm not a big fan. I've been playing on a dead server for a while and have said I miss world PvP the way it used to be, but CRZ brought a little more world "PvP" than I bargained for. It's at the point now where I'm just trying to get XP from battlegrounds and instance queues because those are more efficient than taking all day to complete a quest when you're being ganked 3 times a minute.

  11. #671
    Quote Originally Posted by SkitZoFrenic View Post
    It's all about greed...the only reason Blizz did CRZ is to save money on server costs...
    Not one single server has been shut down. Want to know how I know? Because they are world servers not zone servers. You may be redirected to a zone on another realm's world server but the zone on your realm is still up along with its world server (this has already been confirmed by those using firewalls and port blockers to evade cross realm zones). Stop with the ignorance already. Could you please explain to me how shifting load from one server to another saves money? Because it doesn't. Unless you are going to claim Blizzard is somehow magically getting free bandwidth and hardware through cross realm zones this is a moronic thing to claim.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2012-11-25 at 11:27 PM.

  12. #672
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Not one single server has been shut down. Want to know how I know? Because they are world servers not zone servers. You may be redirected to a zone on another realm's world server but the zone on your realm is still up along with its world server (this has already been confirmed by those using firewalls and port blockers to evade cross realm zones). Stop with the ignorance already. Could you please explain to me how shifting load from one server to another saves money? Because it doesn't. Unless you are going to claim Blizzard is somehow magically getting free bandwidth and hardware through cross realm zones this is a moronic thing to claim.
    I don't know but I really wish Blizzard would.

    1. Seriously look at the costs savings of this feature
    2. Decide if they are saving more money up and above the loss of income they are facing from disgruntled "anti-CRZ" players cancelling subs.
    3. If they are still saving more money above the loss of "anti-CRZ" players leaving - Please say so and just tell the disgruntled players you NO longer want them as customers.

    Why #3. It will give closure and peace of mind to, A) the player base that does still exist/remain B) will allow "anti-CRZ players to move on and stop giving false hope of any type of compromise and or reconciliation.

    If Blizzard truly does NOT want these customers, MAN UP and say so for everyones sake.

    Personally I'd love to return to try and save what's left of my guild. CRZ prevents me from doing so because of the lighting switches leave me with massive migraines. I do believe becoming ill from the feature is a valid reason not to like it.
    Last edited by Tharn; 2012-11-26 at 12:06 AM.

  13. #673
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Not one single server has been shut down. Want to know how I know? Because they are world servers not zone servers.
    Non sequitar.

    You may be redirected to a zone on another realm's world server but the zone on your realm is still up along with its world server (this has already been confirmed by those using firewalls and port blockers to evade cross realm zones).
    This method doesn't work anymore. The realm part of the CRZ are not running anymore. You either connect to the CRZ, or there is no world available for you (with the exception of Org, SW, and Pandaria).

    Stop with the ignorance already.
    Indeed, stay up to date lad.

    Could you please explain to me how shifting load from one server to another saves money? Because it doesn't. Unless you are going to claim Blizzard is somehow magically getting free bandwidth and hardware through cross realm zones this is a moronic thing to claim.
    It probably has to do with hardware upgrades. They likely merged the zones on bigger hardware, and phased out the other hardware.

    And if you thought your realm previously ran on one server, think again. A high pop realm doesn't and did not. For example during MoP release SW on my main realm crashed (Org did not at the same time).
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  14. #674
    And a half a year later.. 1 million subs gone. LoL@Xanzul / Ghostcrawler. Lol. Fire this PoS already? PLZ?

    Xanzul IS Ghostcrawler for those not in the know.
    Last edited by LichslayerX; 2013-05-12 at 07:05 AM.

  15. #675
    The man-hours that went into enabling CRZ outweigh the savings on server costs.

    CRZ is great, and I can't imagine many people on low-pop servers would continue playing if we didn't add it when it was needed.

  16. #676
    Oh, I am afraid i reply to necro'd thread. Though I think that subjcet of the thread is still more than relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by LichslayerX View Post
    And a half a year later.. 1 million subs gone. LoL@Xanzul / Ghostcrawler. Lol. Fire this PoS already? PLZ?

    Xanzul IS Ghostcrawler for those not in the know.
    As I noticed many people stopped complaining about CRZ so openly, as they understood that complaining won't change anything. So they move on.

    However, at this point, it would do a lot of good for the game, if CRZ-zones would be hotfixed away with Blue Post which would apologize for horrible mistake. At least it is still not that late to reverse, and people, who quit over this feature, still might come back.

  17. #677
    Overall. IMO, the pro is CRZ makes servers feel full. The con is that it is just a band-aid to cover up the obvious. There are a ridiculous amount of low populated servers and that means a horrible AH. If they refuse to merge servers for fear of, well you know, then CRZ AH is the only option.

  18. #678
    Quote Originally Posted by NQ Exac View Post
    The man-hours that went into enabling CRZ outweigh the savings on server costs.

    CRZ is great, and I can't imagine many people on low-pop servers would continue playing if we didn't add it when it was needed.
    How exactly did it help? Especially now, that start of expansion is over and zones still somewhat deserted, but resources and rares are farmed to no end?

    It didn't help guild recruitment, it didn't help economy, if anything it destroyed economy on low pop servers, as you can neither buy mats to raise your prof on ah nor can you go and farm those in the world. Also some people liked low pop for calm questing, which was as compensation for having low population, but even that was taken away.

  19. #679
    Moderator Shamanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    10,306
    Quote Originally Posted by LichslayerX View Post
    And a half a year later.. 1 million subs gone. LoL@Xanzul / Ghostcrawler. Lol. Fire this PoS already? PLZ?

    Xanzul IS Ghostcrawler for those not in the know.
    Please don't necro a 6 month old thread like this.. we have active topics on the recent subscription number changes, keep the discussion to those, thanks!
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

    Currently playing: Wildstar | Elder Scrolls Online | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG
    Steam | Twitter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •