Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i have found it interesting so far.. though i did get ganked yesterday. had just got out of a bg and was in blasted lands.. some damn gnome mage 1 shot me.. so i just waited till my pvp wore off then continued questing. only really sucked around DP where they were just waiting for people to turn pvp doing the quest to grab the plans. As for effecting the economy i really haven't seen it do so yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    it makes the zones feel alive again let them quit so we have more room for more people... meh

Deleted
    I still don't get why people are averse to meeting other people in zones. People want to take the M out of MMO or something?

I levelled a guy on a high pop PVP realm and never saw a soul from 1-80 during Cata in any levelling zone. For a game that is supposed to be an MMO that was quite poor.

Now with CRZ you get a decent population in all the zones. It can only be good. Good for interaction, good for social, good for new players to meet "friends", good for PVP. The only problem with it is that you no longer can farm every single node all on your own all day with only gold farmers to contend with. This is how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Oh bro, you've chosen the wrong kind of game. MMO actually stands for Massive Multiplayer Online.... Really, why would you play an MMO if not prepared for the "consequences"?
    Some people enjoy those backwoods servers. Going from a low population realm to a high population realm felt like I just bought a new game. I think many people on low population servers have no idea what they're missing.

I don't dislike CRZ but I don't understand all the love letters being written to Blizzard about it. It's nice to see people in older zones but that's basically all it is. It does little to nothing when it comes to resolving PvE low population realm issues. I believe that a lot less people would get burnt out if they were on a realm with a healthy population. People get stuck though on bad realms for a variety of reasons. Blizzard will have to merge realms at some point. They should just suck it up and get it over with. There will be some sky is falling articles written about it but Blizzard will still be laughing all the way to the bank.

CRZ really brings out all the greedy people who loved monopolizing the ore/herb prices on their servers.

Deleted
    I'm loving dusting off my rogue to camp Hellfire for hours.

My best tally is 23 kills on a 59 Death Knight (thus far).
    It's so fucking hilarious, my screenshot folder is overflowing with rage from frustrated noobs.

Anyway, love CRZ, great implementation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruta View Post
    That is quite far from the only concern people have. The main problem I have with it is the way it will effect low populated server's economy - and I know alot other's on low populated servers have the same concern. I'm not going to quit over such a silly thing tho.
    Because of increased competition with farming?

That changes the economy a bit, but it doesn't depress it. If anything, it increases the value of crafting mats/gear. If you're low on funds or a new player, roll a toon with Mining/Herbalism and level to 85. You should be able to buy all your glyphs, epic flying, and still have 6-10k to spare, easily. It'll probably have SOME effect on the economy, and it may make certain strategies less profitable, but that means you should adjust your strategy, not complain that change is bad and nothing should ever change. The interesting thing about economies is that, high or low, there's ALWAYS profit to be made.

I personally don't like CRZ, but that doesn't mean I'll quit over it. Just a new feature to they game that isn't as well received as they thought.

Deleted
    You know, these people don't know what the M in MMO stands for.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I too think its pretty hilarious actually, you might have to compete or engage with other people in an mmorpg, roflmao who would have thought?! Now that i think of it, its actually pretty funny and i wish they actually leave, less pathetic whiners that cant reroll to a pve server or simply cry about change that had to be done.

CRZ are here to stay
    PvE servers are harder hit - and if you are happy interacting with your guild, many people in trade, in pugs with friends you have made over the years in different guilds on a decent sized server- why do you need CRZ. PvP I understand the need many have to go and gank low ones for hours every day - that is why people go on PvP servers, to show how big & brave they are, but PvE servers are different. Crz will not help the main complaint there - lack of people to join raiding guilds. Letting them quest with 4 other servers will slow down their leveling, making farming mats harder - but will not give them bodies on the server to join guilds or use AH. Blizz has not solved their problem or made many PvE servers happier places. I expect you love it when 15 relatives come and stay at your house - or maybe you like it better when they go home again

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    It all sounds pretty stupid - the words coming out of the mouths of those saying it's great, that is. Everyone was not "demanding" a return of world PvP, or complaining that some of the zones were quiet, so suggesting "they" were is blatantly idiotic.

There's a difference between a player wanting to be able to PvP in game, and wanting to be constantly graveyard running while trying to level. Particularly if they're new to the game, and don't have friends or alts to kill people ganking them with. Either way though, things like stupidly large groups of players taking over the dark portal; where zoning makes it impossible to fight back suggests people aren't interested in "world pvp" so much as exploiting game mechanics to kill people with no recourse.

Either way, I hope it does result in a lot of sub losses, and new players losing interest. Because it's what Blizzard deserve for not foreseeing this, and we'll see which groups are the real sulking "care bears" when lower subs mean waiting twice as long for new content of even lower standards.
    The obvious solution to this is to roll a toon on a pve server, where you can decide whether you want to fight other players in the world. If you want to always be able to fight others in the world, roll on a pvp server.

The only valid reason i can see that people might be justified in being a bit annoyed about it is that the worlds weren't like this before and they may have not had the proper experience of the pvp realm. They then decided to stay even though they didn't actually like the concept of it in the first place, while mistakenly thinking that they did like it. In such cases, perhaps blizzard should allow them to switch to a pve realm for free.

I dont get the whole more competition for resources thing, you people do understand thats what a mmo is right? the zones aren't supposed to be empty doesn't matter what realm you joined and why the fact is this isn't a single player game your supposed to have others in the same zones as you.

As for the AH complaint there's a system in there back end that will dynamically turn up and down re-spawn rates (It was in a blue post back when this was announced) and they can lower the amount of people in your "Realm" if needed. Its a new system just like LFD, LFR, Real ID and every other new system blizzard adds things will be tweaked. In that same note they wont take this away just cause its broken or some people dislike it.

I bet you they have plans or are atleast working on something that will help the AH issue, CRZ isn't the answer nor was it supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...92325?page=530

People are posting in this thread claiming they are "quitting WoW" and "masses will leave" if CRZ stays.

Is anyone laughing their ass off at that as much as I am? You are quitting a popular game with a whole bunch of new content on tuesday because you don't want to play with more players in an MMOrpg. Ha ha, oh man.
    They didn't lie. They are quitting. For 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    You do realize that the majority of whiners are the "serious" gamers.
    you do realize i'm sarcastic.

god, no one ever gets it. damn speech/text conversion.

I lead an 80 man warband against a legion of Horde trying to control the Dark Portal spawn point yesterday, the result was a bloodbath the likes of which I haven't witnessed since Vanilla. Everyone involved gained 600-1000 Honourable Kills in little less than an hour.

My relatively low population realm can now easily find a pug for even 25 man raids by simply setting foot outside Stormwind and putting an advertisement in General. New friends have been made, zones are buzzing with activity.

I haven't had this much fun on WoW in years, and MoP isn't even here yet. How in any way, shape or form is CRZ a bad thing, and heaven above, how on earth can you be forced to quit the game over arguably the best addition to any game ever?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    They dont, people who want to quit, quit. People who want to start shit over every little thing, threaten to quit but never actually do it.
    Thats the truth there!

I think it's funny, but sad too. I can't believe people want to see the world deserted if it means they have to wait on quest spawns or have competition for ore.

It still seems like yesterday to me that vanilla was live and people were always fighting over ore nodes.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because of increased competition with farming?

That changes the economy a bit, but it doesn't depress it. If anything, it increases the value of crafting mats/gear. If you're low on funds or a new player, roll a toon with Mining/Herbalism and level to 85. You should be able to buy all your glyphs, epic flying, and still have 6-10k to spare, easily. It'll probably have SOME effect on the economy, and it may make certain strategies less profitable, but that means you should adjust your strategy, not complain that change is bad and nothing should ever change. The interesting thing about economies is that, high or low, there's ALWAYS profit to be made.
    I'm not talking about the profit. But whole zone fight's about the same nodes. And if one server has 4000 players and one has 40000 players then most of the nodes will go to the server with 40000 players on it. I woulden't mind if it was the same ah, but with CRZ you have the same amount of nodes as you used to have but much less of it goes into the economy of your server (if you'r on a low populated server).

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    PvE servers are harder hit - and if you are happy interacting with your guild, many people in trade, in pugs with friends you have made over the years in different guilds on a decent sized server- why do you need CRZ. PvP I understand the need many have to go and gank low ones for hours every day - that is why people go on PvP servers, to show how big & brave they are, but PvE servers are different. Crz will not help the main complaint there - lack of people to join raiding guilds. Letting them quest with 4 other servers will slow down their leveling, making farming mats harder - but will not give them bodies on the server to join guilds or use AH. Blizz has not solved their problem or made many PvE servers happier places. I expect you love it when 15 relatives come and stay at your house - or maybe you like it better when they go home again
    Actually they did fix the issue cause the issue was making the zones feel full again. Mission accomplished. All the other problems you list, CRZ was never built to fix.
    And it has some to do with pvp sure but it has more to do with the world feeling alive an not dead. You know part of the reason why Sw:tor died well the game was bad but also because you would go in a zone and it would be you and 2 other players (Sometimes not even that) this is a mmo not a single player game that you choose to do co-op with friends every once in awhile.
    Its supposed to feel alive, your supposed to have others in the same zone as you whether you liked it when the zones were dead or not.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2012-09-21 at 11:14 PM.

I lag like mad all the time now because of it so that is a big negative for me. There is also a major issue with gathering professions.

Herbs and Ores have become very rare on my server with the exception for the very low level stuff and some of the high level stuff. If you want peacebloom or cinderbloom you are good... anything in between you may have some problems. Even farming the stuff yourself has become a nightmare because it isn't uncommon to be competing with 6+ people for the same things.