Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Cross realms has some issues right now in which they are fixing but it is certainly no reason to quit over it...

Quote Originally Posted by roflpot View Post
    The amount of rage though is beautiful. People frothing at the mouth about what was essentially their own decision to pick a pvp server.
    There was a guy earlier on the EU forums telling people on PvP servers to show respect and leave him alone. He actually told people on PvP servers to queue for battlegrounds and arena's if they wanted to pvp...

The guy in question also plays on a PvP server, obviously he doesn't understand what that means =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    That is what I mean about broken PvP. Can't claim that's "working as intended", as that's Blizzard's bottom line at stake (they make their money with players leveling).

Easiest fix is the 10 level PvP rule.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    There was a guy earlier on the EU forums telling people on PvP servers to show respect and leave him alone. He actually told people on PvP servers to queue for battlegrounds and arena's if they wanted to pvp...

The guy in question also plays on a PvP server, obviously he doesn't understand what that means =P
    It's funny, but look at the consequences. With CRZ, all PvP servers are going to be horde dominated, not just some of them. Players with alliance PvP server characters will either reroll elsewhere, transfer, faction change, or quit. A few might perservere, but I doubt many will in the face of perpetual world lockout.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Why laugh? By quitting, they're voicing their opinion in a way that blizzard will see it: sub loss.

And that's one less whiner for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post

Easiest fix is the 10 level PvP rule.
    But then people would bitch and moan that they can't gank lowbies who have no chance at winning against them.
    Last edited by Vook; 2012-09-23 at 12:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Well, of course it's stupid. To quit because of this I mean. You see, it won't be like this for long, no every retard that's 85 and bored is out there ganking lowbies. When the expansion comes, they will be busy with something else

Firelands questing zone looks like that picture from above. It's insane. The problem is not the CRZ, but the way it's implemented. Before it was deserted, not it's fucking full. Every fucking mob I tried to kill was already tagged. It took me 30 minutes to do 4 quests that should take 5 minutes

Why laugh? By quitting, they're voicing their opinion in a way that blizzard will see it: sub loss.
    Nobody who whines on the forums will ever quit. NOBODY. Who wants to really quit, well, they do it. I know a lot of people who quit (not because of something special in the game) and none ever raged on the forums. There were A LOT of people on the WoW forums posting only how shitty WoW is and how great GW2 is, but they were still paying the subscription. Some people are just like that: insane.
    Last edited by Mosotti; 2012-09-23 at 12:51 AM.

My initial reaction to CRZ was negative; I hated competing for low level mats, etc. But the more I leveled, the more that I enjoyed that there were people in low level zones with me. No server transfer needed, etc. I like it...as long as I don't experience getting booted offline for it

Funny thing is. this what is partially bring me back to the game. go blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Nobody who whines on the forums will ever quit. NOBODY.
    As much as I love playing a Holy paladin, ah, $539.64 for a year (3 accounts) of WoW vs $59 for a year's worth of BF3...yeah, seriously thinking it's time to leave. Have been playing it for a couple days again and forgot how fun it was to game again. 64man knife server and it was a riot trying to land perfect strikes on packs of players...PvP of all PvP on a FPS.

So, yeah, people are thinking seriously in leaving the game for something better. I'm tired of the constant invasion of comfort zones; talents becoming worse than FPS games (even BFPlay4free has a talent system more intricate than WoW now); and a community so in it for itself. Like playing in a game from the ground up that encourages actual team play...not forced...but you want to team play, too.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

If anything cross realms zones are helping people. This is allowing Real ID/Battle Tag parties to interact in game with each other rather than just inside an instance. This also helps lower populated servers. Ya can't please anyone I guess

Deleted
    Moin moin,

that is just bullshit to post about it when they want to quit then they do it..

Your,
    Holy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post

And that's one less whiner for us.
    Who's "us"? WoW isn't about mob rule. Niche gaming is sweet, but it's like EQ2 with 25k players. It became that way not only by the antics and decisions of the SOE devs, but because that 10% pushed everyone out of the game. I got tired of it as well, that they're so one sided in their beliefs they would kill the game for only raiding. 10% deciding the fate for 90% of the players. WoW goes that route, doesn't matter how polished or how long it existed, players will just leave all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    But then people would bitch and moan that they can't gank lowbies who have no chance at winning against them.
    Then these so-called PvPers need to grow a pair. They don't seem to be able to last in games where if you die PvP can drop your epic items, even items you bought with real money. You'll see a mass exodus in PvP when it really affects their bottom line. So enjoy the 10 level rule, because the devs can allow true PvP that hurts to kill in the end.

The amount of immorality in this thread is too damn high!
    A fair number of posters are saying "You can't call me stupid? It's my right to have an opinion!!"
    And at the same time, in a different thread, they go "That's your opinion? lol, that's stupid"

I haven't seen any of this chaos that some people speak of, it's working fine for me and my alts, and I'm on the underdog faction of our Realm/Battlegroup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epiphanes View Post
    I'd love to see a study where there is unbiased data that suggests a correlation between what people find fun or enjoyable and how big a of a tempter-tantrum they throw when they encounter day to day issues, because it sounds as if you've read such a study and are basing your statement directly off of it.

That or you're pulling it out of your ass. Anyway.

I quit due to over-homogenization and plain boredom. The game can only reset and be redesigned so many times before people will lose interest. Content gating is obnoxious, especially when the game is on a pay-to-play model. If it were free-to-play and required nothing but a time investment, then I would find it to be acceptable. There aren't too many more reasons as to why I quit playing World of Warcraft; I enjoyed the few years I spent playing it, but my interests are going in the opposite direction of the designs currently being implemented.
    To be blunt, I pulled it out of my ass and my experiance with little kids. But I have to say, your reasons for leaving WoW are WAY better than people crying over CRZ. You at least have mature, well thought out reasons. People playing an MMORPG and crying about more people around them are either nuts, or in the wrong game.

Deleted
    GLORIOUS

I'm Laughing My Ass Off

Another empty threat. An especially ridiculous one. LMAO.
    Signature in progress...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishiz View Post
    bitch about zones being dead for years, zones are now alive, time to quit, typical wow player.
    Typical vocal minority. They probably aren't even quitting, CRZ is a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    have no idea what they're upset about. Cross realm zones are amazing imo.
    This. Even Goldshire has got a bit of life back in it. (I realise it is the Camelot of Azeroth, if you see what I mean [for it is a silly place] but it amuses me.

I quit over CRZ. I did not pre order MOP and my game card runs out on Wednesday. CRZ was the last straw for two reasons.

1. Blizzard said only like realms will only be crossed, but then negated that by allowing battletag and real ID friends to group together, regarless of their realm type. There's been thread after thread here and on the official forums of how much greifing has resulted from that. Blizz responded in a blue post that "it is working as intended", which was pretty much a fuck you.

2. I have an i7 imac with a 6770 HD graphics card with 1 GB of video ram. Prior to CRZ, I had fps of 125 and up. CRZ now has me down to 25 fps.

If they fix both of these issues, I will return to the game, but I'm not holding my breath. So laugh your fool head off, OP. I'm done. I've already deleted WoW from my hard drive, bootcamped my imac and switched to GW2. And I'm really enjoying the game.
    Last edited by darklady; 2012-09-24 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    they say they are quitting, as it's the only threat they have.

I'm sure they have already preordered MOP
    I agree. They are most likely making a threat to try and scare blizzard