Deleted

Cool 1-Button Heroic Leap

Seen a few people being asking about this so thought I'd share the way I made it, this may not be the best way but it doesn't require any sort of macro capable hardware and works for me.

Leap can be annoying to click while using other abilities, especially with bosses with small hit boxes. I use Autohotkey (easily found on Google) to make a script which clicks leap for you, so that you only have to press the leap ability and mouseover where you want to jump too. The script to do this is:

X:: ;
    Send, Y ;
    Click, ;
    return

X is the button you want to press to use heroic leap ingame and Y is your heroic leap binding, these have to be 2 seperate keys otherwise it doesn't work. I bound heroic leap to a really obscure binding ingame (alt-=) and and made that Y, while my proper leap binding is what X is. You then just run the script!

Note: Ctrl/Shift/Alt = ^/+/! in AHK script if your using modifiers (e.g. shift-d is +d).

Hope this helps, PM me if you want any help setting it up.

Edit: WARNING: This is against ToS so use it at your own risk.
    Last edited by mmoc5894464a84; 2012-09-22 at 10:54 AM.

I think I could actually use this if I ever go with Light's Hammer. Thanks.

This seems pretty awesome. Now that we are using Heroic Leap in our rotations, I could use a little help managing all the key I have to press.

My only question is, would this be considered a 3rd party addon that is against the Terms of Service? Don't want to get banned and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    This seems pretty awesome. Now that we are using Heroic Leap in our rotations, I could use a little help managing all the key I have to press.

My only question is, would this be considered a 3rd party addon that is against the Terms of Service? Don't want to get banned and all that.
    If you're only doing something as simple as this, I highly, highly doubt they'd take action. This is more of a quality-of-life thing than abuse.

An example of abuse with this program would be making a script to set a path for mining nodes. That's obviously going beyond quality-of-life. Another potential example is making a script that prioritizes certain abilities over others in a single button press. They don't want the programs playing the game for you, is basically what it comes down to.
    Last edited by Reith; 2012-09-22 at 03:27 AM.

Deleted
    I heard autohotkey is bannable because it's a third-party program. I could be wrong. Tks anyway.

Deleted
    Thanks for sharing, i dont play my warrior much but i think i used some kind of macro that would not cancel heroic leap if i clicked it once and then used other abilities.

Was it something like... /cast !heroic leap or something? D:

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnalz View Post
    Was it something like... /cast !heroic leap or something? D:
    Yeah, putting the "!" at the beginning of macros would prevent the green reticle from being turned off if you spammed it. However, it is no longer required as you can spam the actual ability and the green circle remains on until you hit ESC or use the ability.

Not sure when they changed it, but it's pretty cool.

Actually from reading up on people talking about it, using Autohotkey could be dicey in some cases... but I think the most important stuff is answered here: http://www.dual-boxing.com/wiki/index.php/AutoHotKey

Interpreting the GMs' definition of automation, as long as there is no set delay between the button press and the click action, that click is still technically part of doing 1 action - Heroic Leap, in this case. I dunno if there is actually an api script command for clicking on the ground though.

EDIT: Upon further investigation, they removed the api script command for clicking on the ground... so this could get you banned, unless a GM says otherwise.
    Last edited by Reith; 2012-09-22 at 04:34 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    why don't you just use mouse scroll forward. seems way easier than that.

Deleted
    I use the razer synapse program, it works like a charm.

(required to have a razer mouse of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsangel View Post
    Seen a few people being asking about this so thought I'd share the way I made it, this may not be the best way but it doesn't require any sort of macro capable hardware and works for me.

Leap can be annoying to click while using other abilities, especially with bosses with small hit boxes. I use Autohotkey (easily found on Google) to make a script which clicks leap for you, so that you only have to press the leap ability and mouseover where you want to jump too. The script to do this is:

X:: ;
    Send, Y ;
    Click, ;
    return

X is the button you want to press to use heroic leap ingame and Y is your heroic leap binding, these have to be 2 seperate keys otherwise it doesn't work. I bound heroic leap to a really obscure binding ingame (alt-=) and and made that Y, while my proper leap binding is what X is. You then just run the script!

Note: Ctrl/Shift/Alt = ^/+/! in AHK script if your using modifiers (e.g. shift-d is +d).

Hope this helps, PM me if you want any help setting it up.

Edit: WARNING: This is against ToS so use it at your own risk.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you wrote. But aren't you essentially doing the same thing ingame? Hit your Leap macro then click on the ground where you want to land?

Again, I may be mistaken. Also, AutoHotKey is allowed for something like if you are dual boxing and wanting to send the same key to both clients, pretty much anything else is against the ToS such as macro'ing stuff together and things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you wrote. But aren't you essentially doing the same thing ingame? Hit your Leap macro then click on the ground where you want to land?

Again, I may be mistaken. Also, AutoHotKey is allowed for something like if you are dual boxing and wanting to send the same key to both clients, pretty much anything else is against the ToS such as macro'ing stuff together and things.
    Yea, I didn't explain it brilliantly, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6_sOlTlzUE this is what it does but with a slightly different script that actually works, I think Swifty also made a video ages ago about his 1-button heroic leap with his Razer gear that shows what it can do but I couldn't find the vid.

Deleted
    This is macroing the act of pressing the keybind and clicking - thus whenever you press the heroic leap keybind you dont have to click ;] QoL improvement, nothing else... just a removal of a small annoyance

It sucks that this combo doesnt get disabled when i chat ingame, because my HL hotkey is and will be Shift-d, and thus i cant type a D anymore...

AHK isn't allowed, and thus it isn't allowed on this forum either.

Blizzard's policy goes something along the lines of 1 key press = 1 action, and nothing automated outside of in-game macros putting multiple off-GCD abilities together. AHK does the clicking part for you so you will be banned if caught.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-10-08 at 10:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    AHK isn't allowed, and thus it isn't allowed on this forum either.

Blizzard's policy goes something along the lines of 1 key press = 1 action, and nothing automated outside of in-game macros putting multiple off-GCD abilities together. AHK does the clicking part for you so you will be banned if caught.
    Neither AHK nor Razer keyboard macros are against the ToS. I've been using AHK for years to bundle multiple actions into one button.

What is against the ToS are botting programs that extensively automate actions, not some stupid macros.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its against the ToS, i wouldnt even bother with this.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.