Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

My best friends wife is a c***

So flashback to 1999. I was still in highschool and was heavily into an MMO called Asheron's Call. Myself and 4 of my close friends played the game religiously at the time. It was great fun. But it would always bug the shit out of me when Id call my friend and ask if he was getting online and he'd say that "his mom wont let him". Eventually he wised up and brought his computer to my house since I had 2 phone lines , and we would play there so he could get out of his home. His parents were completely disfunctional and hated each other. So it was a hostile and bad environment to grow up in.

Fast forward to the college years and playing wow whenever we didnt have class and rooming together. Great times. Some of the funnest times of our lives. All of us living in a house and gaming into the wee hours of morning. Ive never seen the guy happier.

Fast forward to the present. We went our separate ways. I am married as are the other three. We all still play wow together, except THE ONE FRIEND. Since day 1 of his marriage its like highschool all over again, with him literally saying: My wife wont let me play. This woman is one big two faced whore of a bitch. She is by far the worst person that I have ever met in my life. You can just taste the venom in every word that comes out of her mouth. She even refuses to sleep with the guy. I can count how many times the dude has had sex because I can count how many kids he has. TWO. He isnt getting laid, he cant play wow or any other game for that matter, he works full time while trying to get a second degree so he can make her fat lazy ass more money and Ive never seen the dude more miserable. I know he will never do anything about it because he has no spine, but that doesnt mean I dont feel bad for him having grown up with the guy. Ive even thought about a way I could get away with killing her once or twice. Its that bad. Id never do that though.

Anyway, anyone else have similar experiences and know of a good way to deal with this? I just feel bad. He wanted to find someone more than anyone and got married first out of all of us and his life is a shittier version of the high school years. Im married, play WoW with my wife and she doesnt care how much I play it anyway. Same with my other two friends. Got their wives into it too and we all have a good time. It just sucks seeing my friend who now just sits... waiting for the sweet cold embrace of death to free him from this succubus' iron grasp on his balls.
    Last edited by Grishnok; 2012-09-21 at 11:50 PM.

I don't think this is a suitable post for the general WoW discussion forums, nor is the language, perhaps try talking to your friend directly about his situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Isn't this something he and his wife should discuss, not the MMO Champ community
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    I don't think this is a suitable post for the general WoW discussion forums, nor is the language, perhaps try talking to your friend directly about his situation.
    But discussing political candidates is?

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 05:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Isn't this something he and his wife should discuss, not the MMO Champ community
    Im sure he would discuss it with her... if he wasnt scared to death of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnok View Post
    But discussing political candidates is?
    Nope, I don't see anything on this board about political candidates though, but if I did I would say the same to them too.

Your friend is an adult, and as such should deal with his situation himself if he is unhappy, I still don't think its a suitable topic for a WoW discussion board.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    But discussing political candidates is?.
    In "OFF-TOPIC" , not general Discussion

Ive even thought about a way I could get away with killing her once or twice. Its that bad. Id never do that though.

So you've thought about killing his wife because he can't play wow with you....nice!

Pretty sure this is going to get locked soon, talk to him about it if you care so much.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2012-09-21 at 11:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Im sure he would discuss it with her... if he wasnt scared to death of her.
    Well that doesn't sound like a very healthy marriage.
    But again, who are we to discuss this?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fine, move to off-topic, it's still worthy of discussion.

You need to figure out how to put fire in your friend so he grows a spine.

Disclosure: Divorced myself due to WoW and alcohol. Happily single having women on my terms at my convenience.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Its his life, his marriage. You can bring it up, be he has to be the one to make a change. I'd leave the colorful language about his wife out of it though.

And it seems the biggest problems you bring up are that he cant play wow to the wee morning hours like yall did in college, or he doest SEEM to get enough sex. Maybe hes got other priorities besides hanging out with is friends all of the time. Aint college life with full free time anymore.

Deleted
    Everyone else is being rather unhelpful, but all I can say is the only thing that will change is that she decides she doesn't want him anymore. He will never change. It won't happen.

My best friend had a girlfriend called Lauren, we both play WoW and we are in a band together.
    He did everything for her for 2 years, but she would make an arguement out of EVERYTHING.
    What, he's raiding? She has to make something out of it.
    What, he's having fun in ANY sort of way without her?
    Yep, she has to have a go at something.

She split up with him because she's a whore bitch, cheated on him... he was broken, yet part of him still loves her, even though he is very happy in another relationship now.
    She had a hold on him that is truly disgusting, and I am glad he is free of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep.

Sounds like marriage. In a nutshell.

I'm not sure. I would probably just tease him about being bitchmade. PEER PRESSURE!!

Maybe talk to him about it if you feel like he is really so miserable. Might be a therapeutic experience. Broooooooooomance!

Save your friend or else he'll be stuck with vitae for the rest of his life.

OT: AC was the best MMO ever. Give me my run & jump speed increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontificate View Post
    Fine, move to off-topic, it's still worthy of discussion.
    I hate you, very much

10+ Year Old Account
    You're a jerk, and this is a matter for your friend and his wife. Don't get mad and make stuff up because your buddy moved on to a new life and you have not or cannot yet. And if it is true and your friend chooses to stay with her that is on him. Face some people are controlling in relationships and some people hate video games. Same thing happened to me and my best friend. His wife was the same way as you say this woman is. What did I do? I told him I wished him the best and hoped he is happy. Because in the end I knew it wouldn't last and it's not my place to put doubts in his mind about his marriage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Oh the good ol days of asherons call One of my first mmo experiences such an amazing game if only it aged well. Everyone has that one friend that their relationship is garbage. My wife plays WoW with me and doesnt mind me playing either. Im pretty sure the older you get you'll start to realize your not in highschool any more and most people get put on "lock down" as they have other responsibilities to attend to. I have a kid and a wife and as much as I like playing video games I like to set aside a good amount of time on the side for my family. But my wife is also understanding about when I want to hang out with people. It kinda sounds like youre the douchey friend that doesnt want to let go of your friend to some girl so you get all irate about it. Life happens move on.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

How is this still open?

Deleted
    I doubt she is that bad, and most of the stuff he either made up or you are exaggerating to make this more of a drama than it actually is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm moving this to Off Topic. The mods there can decide if they want it to stay open.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |