Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I've cited a legal case where the court explicitly ruled that your understanding (like the appellant in that case) is incorrect. Whereas all you've got is a "no u" and a persistent, blind ignorance of what the law says despite it being pointed out right to your face, mixed with some laughable strawmans of what I actually said (no, using it with friends and family or a "couple" of things is not enough).

Talk about being wrong no matter how much you argue.
    You go ahead and try changing the name on your driver license and social security card then without a court approval. Tell us how it goes. I'm sure it will be a great success seeing as you appear to know everything.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    I already have several names/aliases. My legal/birth name is just one of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stataclysm View Post
    So why can't we choose our own names?
    Because we're too stupid to name ourselves at birth. And we need to exist in record so we need to have a name, otherwise we're illegal.

A better question, that's somewhat related would be "Why do we never learn the law if we're meant to follow it?". I mean, you get to learn the basics from your parents. But you never actually learn what's in the law completely, so how are we meant to follow it. It's really weird when you think about it.

You can go to jail for doing something wrong, but you never actually learn what is right and wrong. You only have the guidelines.