Deleted

I've been level 80 for a week now...where and how do I go about exotic gear?

Ok, so after hitting 80 last week I spent roughly 3 Gold buying myself a semi-decent set of rare (yellow) gear.

I built the set for around what was my current spec at the time, mixing both "Valkyrie" and "Knight" items. So I ended up with a nice mix of Vitality and Toughness. Yet somehow I still find my survivability lacking, both in PvE and PvP. I only get just over 17.000 HP, which doesn't seem a lot considering...and I don't really find the extra Toughness all that noticeable.

Anyway, while I go about WvW and map completion I've never really thought much about exotic gear. I know you can get some pieces, somewhere for 42k Karma a piece, there is also a dungeon set from exploreable mode, a WvW set etc. etc.

So I know the gear is there, I just don't know which I want to go for. Is there any overview of these exotic sets somewhere? Both stats-wise and visual appearance?

3g for a rare gear set? oO

man it sure has to look damn great for you to have paid that much.

anyways, you got few ways to get exotic gear :
    -crafting
    -exploring (you get 2 pieces of random exotic gear for each cleared Orr zone
    -karma vendors in orr/main cities
    -token vendors in cities

and let's not forget PvP via glory vendors i guess.

Just a tip:
    The stats between level 79 and 80 rares are single digits off from each other. The differences are negligible besides its aesthetics.

Deleted
    Best way to BiS is farming you mats and getting a crafter to make you some. Each piece of armour require 5 ecto 5t6 rare mat and depending what class you are you either ori, grossmar or cured to make the exotic. If you need a WS / AS send me a pm and i can give you a hand

Since all 80 exotics have the same stats (various sets with various stats of course, but one you find which set you want the numbers are the same regardless of where you get it), you have plenty of ways of getting them. Farm tokens and get a dungeon set, Farm karma and get a set from Orr, Farm gold and work toward a crafted set (I'm doing this right now), or just buy a set lol. I feel that crafting is the best way, since 400 armorsmithing unlocks so many other awesome things too (read: bigger bags)

edit: also you will want multiple sets of exotics. I'm working on my power/precision/condition damage set because I'm a dps n00b, but you'll definitely want a vit/toughness/offenseivestat set as well for explorables.
    Last edited by Artorias; 2012-09-22 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nighties View Post
    Just a tip:
    The stats between level 79 and 80 rares are single digits off from each other. The differences are negligible besides its aesthetics.
    And the stats between 80 rares and 80 exotics are not; and just barely on the significant side. Anyways, as stated before there are a myriad of ways. If you want to pick and choose exactly what you want... crafting is generally the best way to go (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Insignia).

For the most part, dungeons follow the same stats combinations as the crafting. The only different ones would be the Orr temples, and WvW. All WvW is Power/Toughness/Vitality. The Orr temples all have the same stats on the gear, just different Runes. The stats are varied across each piece of gear; aka, it's not all the same stats on the set. One piece will be Toughness/Vitality/Condition and another piece will be power/precision/condition.

Deleted
    Ok but where can I see all these different sets available to me?

I'm fully aware there are multiple paths...but I'd like an overview so I can make an educated decision on which path to pursue.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Ok but where can I see all these different sets available to me?

I'm fully aware there are multiple paths...but I'd like an overview so I can make an educated decision on which path to pursue.
    I believe this will help: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_armor_sets

It's pretty much the same prefixes/suffixes all the way up. Ex: I'm getting Rampager's set for Power/Precision/Condition damage, then I'm going for a more tanky set later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedragonwolf View Post
    And the stats between 80 rares and 80 exotics are not; and just barely on the significant side.
    You missed the point. 79 rares are significantly cheaper. Most people settle for 79 gear till they can get their hands on exotics.