Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Now if the coins won't allow you to buy features or content piece meal then they are worthless to a fair few players that couldn't care less about cosmetic crap, again the same issue though, we have no information about it.
    Also, they are using this "Huge" amount of front loaded Cartel Coins as a selling point to keep people subbed during this period with basically no information. If that amount of cartel points winds up being able to purchase ONE Mount, or ONE cosmetic outfit, they basically just swindled their entire customer base on purpose.

Ideally, the amount of cartel coins they give you should be able to make sure you don't have to spend anymore money until an expansion pack. This means if they take the super douchey decision to Monetize Makeb, instead of providing it to subscribers like they already said they would (see the trend of going back on their words yet?) then the Cartel Coins subscribers get had better unlock that content.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Also, they are using this "Huge" amount of front loaded Cartel Coins as a selling point to keep people subbed during this period with basically no information. If that amount of cartel points winds up being able to purchase ONE Mount, or ONE cosmetic outfit, they basically just swindled their entire customer base on purpose.

Ideally, the amount of cartel coins they give you should be able to make sure you don't have to spend anymore money until an expansion pack. This means if they take the super douchey decision to Monetize Makeb, instead of providing it to subscribers like they already said they would (see the trend of going back on their words yet?) then the Cartel Coins subscribers get had better unlock that content.
    At least some one gets the issue. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post

George anything you like to add?

I like to thank anybody who were on the PTS to help us test 1.4 TFB operation. Operations are very hard to test, we could see here 24 hr/day play it and not find all the bugs.

source.
    I would have liked to test the new content as well but not with my 1.3 transfered character..... any comment on this?

The rest of the summary is a lot of soons mixed up with other words. I would have really wished they would add "the cool looking armor" to the actual game instead to the shop.... which makes it similar to what you had in EQ2. The "cool" looking armor for money had a better color than what you could achieve by raiding. I do understand that they want to bring more people to the game but making "cool" armor to achieve by playing with an active subscription might turn much more people over to pay 15 bucks a months.

Believing that would make you too hopeful for your own good.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Didn't they release the HK-51 trailer (or some sort of preview) like several months ago? And they still don't even know when it's going to come out?

Really need to get their shit together.

And offtopic, just a little annoyance... whoever wrote that summary up really needs to work on their grammar.
    The over promising and dangling of the carrot go over board with these guys. Not to say others dont do this too, getting away from this or scaling back on it is a major area of opportunity though. Eventually you have trust and accountability issues. It often feels like their releases on twitter, facebook and in q & a sessions get in their own way. A good game ends up taking heat due to poor facemen.

---------- Post added 2012-09-23 at 01:46 AM ----------

I could be wrong, but I believe they said you had to be subbed at the time they switched from p2p to f2p to get all the benefits for past subscribers, like the built up coins. They have done a great job of floundering and flip floping on things too often. I like the game, but it pisses me off giving these ppl money.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Believing that would make you too hopeful for your own good.
    At this stage, it is definitely not believing. It's me knowing that it would be the best business decision and 95% of companies would make it. That translates to me believing EA will definitely NOT make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I could be wrong, but I believe they said you had to be subbed at the time they switched from p2p to f2p to get all the benefits for past subscribers, like the built up coins. They have done a great job of floundering and flip floping on things too often. I like the game, but it pisses me off giving these ppl money.
    Oh you are not wrong. It was what we were talking about a couple of posts ago in this thread. It was that one, hopefully misspoken statement in that 1.4 transcript.

I don't care how good the game is at that point, if they do both of those things: Don't give every subscriber their promised coins, regardless of sub status at the time of transition, or charge for the continuation of the game and story with an amount of content equivalent to anything less than a full game/expansion...then I will never support this game or company ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can all agree the grammar in the transcripts was quite horrible and a lot of it ended up not being verbatim. That being said, we shouldn't look too closely into the wording.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can all agree the grammar in the transcripts was quite horrible and a lot of it ended up not being verbatim. That being said, we shouldn't look too closely into the wording.
    Actually, we do have cause to worry now. Go look at the official F2P site: http://www.swtor.com/free
    Right there at the bottom of the list, there's a little addition that was never there before. "PREVIOUS PLAYERS - COME BACK BY LAUNCH OF THE FREE-TO-PLAY OPTION TO CLAIM YOUR REWARDS!"
    So yeah, there's a nice little 'fuck you' to all the people who have left the game and don't plan on resubscribing before F2P

Actually, we do have cause to worry now. Go look at the official F2P site: http://www.swtor.com/free
    Right there at the bottom of the list, there's a little addition that was never there before. "PREVIOUS PLAYERS - COME BACK BY LAUNCH OF THE FREE-TO-PLAY OPTION TO CLAIM YOUR REWARDS!"
    So yeah, there's a nice little 'fuck you' to all the people who have left the game and don't plan on resubscribing before F2P
    Guess they didn't sell enough subscriptions with the promise of coins with no relative value so they felt the need to strong arm a little.

Wow.

So, I was planning on coming back for free to play and all that stuff.

Not anymore.

That is the most EA thing I've seen them do yet.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I'm thinking (and really hoping) that they just used piss poor phrasing on that...because I've never heard of that before. I mean, even my old EQ2 account still had all the veterans rewards from back when it was active when the game transitioned to freemium.

Yeah you seem to be seeing that stuff the same way I am. Say I am subbed up to the week before f2p and let it lapse since it will be free in a few days, I get no coins. While a person that has been unsubbed since January will get there coins. It is a shitty thing to do, but I understand why they would if they do. It will give them one last bump in subs even if it is a false or short term one. They often go too far trying to bring ppl back or new ppl in and dump on the current ppl, not to say this is exclusive to them any subscription based company/product does this.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I'm thinking (and really hoping) that they just used piss poor phrasing on that...because I've never heard of that before. I mean, even my old EQ2 account still had all the veterans rewards from back when it was active when the game transitioned to freemium.
    Me too man. I just don't have any hope at this point. It's like they tried to just sneak it in, hoping people wouldn't notice. I was all ready to relent and say I was being paranoid, but then I just happened to look at the page again. I thought I was hallucinating.

They just lost a paying customer and a future subscription for outright lying to their paying customers. Not going to support such greedy behavior. The worst part is, without an exact date for the transition to F2P - which is also subject to delays I'm sure - they are trying to force people to just throw their money away,hoping that F2P comes anytime soon.

Combined with Alyssa's repeated point that we have no idea the actual value of these coins, because we don't have even the slightest idea exactly what will be in the shop or how much things cost, they are basically scamming us out of money. I'm going to cancel my subscription and if they don't give me the cartel coins as stated initially, I will ask for every month I was subbed since the F2P announcement refunded and report EA to the BBB if they fail to comply.

I don't mean to be ranty, but I am seriously pissed off about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be pissed off too. I see this as an incredibly douchey move, and I'm going to be paying a sub. It doesn't affect me but this is really crappy on their part. I'm just going to *hope* that is was poor phrasing on their part.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would be pissed off too. I see this as an incredibly douchey move, and I'm going to be paying a sub. It doesn't affect me but this is really crappy on their part. I'm just going to *hope* that is was poor phrasing on their part.
    Check the small numbers down the page.
    -If you paid for the months before July you will get those 150/month at F2P release, even if you arent subbed at release of the F2P option.
    -Only paying subscribers at F2P release will get the past August reward of the 200/month.

I dont any issue here, expecting to get all the freebie if people arent paying?
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2012-09-23 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Check the small numbers down the page.
    -If you paid for the months before July you will get those 150/month at F2P release, even if you arent subbed at release of the F2P option.
    -Only paying subscribers at F2P release will get the past August reward of the 200/month.

I dont any issue here, expecting to get all the freebie if people arent paying?
    It clearly states PREVIOUS PLAYERS - COME BACK BY LAUNCH OF THE FREE-TO-PLAY OPTION TO CLAIM YOUR REWARDS!, a wording that suggests that you have to actually be subscribed at the free to play launch to be eligible for the promotion, if you see anything that disproves I'd love to see it.

I might be out of it, but I checked out the coins being given out for the Collectors edition awhile ago, I thought it said 1500, now it says 1000. Has it gone down or has it always been 1000?
    Last edited by Capt Froggy; 2012-09-23 at 10:05 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well at least they're letting you know and making it pretty clear. Can't blame lack of communication on this one heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Froggy View Post
    I might be out of it, but I checked out the coins being given out for the Collectors edition awhile ago, I thought it said 1500, now it says 1000. Has it gone down or has it always been 1000?
    Have no idea, apparently they like to change things as often as possible with no mention of it. I should have had better judgment and screenshot every announcement they've ever made.

To go even further, the footnotes for the CE states the following:

1) 1000 pts for the CE: OFFER VALID FOR PURCHASERS OF STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) COLLECTORS EDITION WITH ACTIVE PAYING SUBSCRIPTION ON DATE OF FREE- TO- PLAY SERVICE LAUNCH

Looks like they don't care about people who dropped $150 on the CE either. You are also getting a middle finger if you refuse to pay them money until F2P launches.

---------- Post added 2012-09-23 at 06:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Well at least they're letting you know and making it pretty clear. Can't blame lack of communication on this one heh.
    Except the big splashy announcement had nothing about needing to be actively subscribed when F2P launched, neither did anything they've said until that one *little* comment that somehow slipped under the radar. I'd say that's a huge breakdown in communication...though admittedly this one seems intentional.

no disrespect to you all but this is called a REWARDS program for a reason.

for those that payed and played up to the F2P kick off are getting rewarded for their loyalty for paying all this time. those that did not well...... you still get get to play but well........

you can hate it all you want but it is what it is. I have payed and played since launch and even have the CE. do i feel for those that payed the 6months or whatever time they payed and wont get anything if the wording is correct well....... kinda but not really. everybody was bitching pissing and moaning about how terribad this game was and that is should go F2P

you ppl FINALLY get your wish and now bitch piss and moan about the restrictions on how the system and its rewards will work. this is the end is EAs and not sure but BWs way of saying hey guys you supported us all these years but when we finally go live you f**k us by leaving without giving us the time we need to get from crawling to running. Thank you so very much for dropping us and leaving us in the lurch

YES YES and OMG YES they failed us so very often i agree with everybody there, but as MOST of you guys are fond of saying this is their FIRST time in the MMO market... a VERY volatile and dangerous ground to play in. they tried and they FAILED yes GOD did they FAIL..... but you know what ALL of you no matter how much you bitch piss and moan...... you will be here when F2P launches and play for a time for pvp and FPs even if it IS servery limited you will still play. all of you like this game for its IP just as most of us paying customers do.

and just because you cant get your coins at the start of F2P i know that some ppl will still play and get their coins from the cash shop and get more pvp FPs and ops boosts( i really believe that Ops will be purchasable for F2Pers with coins). most will resist for a good time but hey if the cost is right you will do it.