Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    Or, quite frankly, if you only knew the girl for 2 minutes before becoming F2P, does that make her loyal as well?

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    If you date a girl for 3 months, and then she dumps you and bangs another dude for 5 months and then wants to come back to you... does that make her loyal?
    Comparing a video game to a relationship... Hell, even the concept of "loyalty" to a video game is just... Well, disgusting.

    Its a game. You play it for fun. Not to make it happy or something.

    Its just... mind boggling that people can view this in terms of "loyalty" and "relationships".

    Do you think EA cares about anything other than your money? If they could throw you under a bus and make more money doing it, they would. They are a company. This is capitalism. There is no room for sentimentality except for the false sense of sentimentality developed by the consumer, which is aided by marketing techniques.

    I like what trion has been doing with their community outreach stuff. But lets be real. Its to make money.

    Just... In the future, keep in mind how comparing an MMO to a girl friend makes you sound.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Comparing a video game to a relationship... Hell, even the concept of "loyalty" to a video game is just... Well, disgusting.

    Its a game. You play it for fun. Not to make it happy or something.

    Its just... mind boggling that people can view this in terms of "loyalty" and "relationships".

    Do you think EA cares about anything other than your money? If they could throw you under a bus and make more money doing it, they would. They are a company. This is capitalism. There is no room for sentimentality except for the false sense of sentimentality developed by the consumer, which is aided by marketing techniques.

    I like what trion has been doing with their community outreach stuff. But lets be real. Its to make money.

    Just... In the future, keep in mind how comparing an MMO to a girl friend makes you sound.
    It's not about comparing an MMO to a girlfriend, it's about what constitutes a loyal subscriber. FYI, in the future, keep in mind how silly not being able to understand a metaphor makes you sound.

    That being said, this sentence:

    They are a company. This is capitalism.

    ... is exactly the point. They can do what they want. If you don't like it, leave. If you like it stay. But don't tell them they are wrong for a company trying to make money being a company trying to make money.

    So the company trying to make money wants to get another $15 out of people in order to receive some rewards. They are a company trying to make money. The company trying to make money is trying to make money. The cool thing about capitalism is that if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it. If you do like it or do want it, then you have to do what they ask you to do. If they are telling you that you have to pay some money to receive something, then you have to pay some money to receive something.

    The fallacy in your response has nothing to do with what I said about a girlfriend, and is a childish attack because your petty "I don't want to pay for this" argument was broken. You are entitled to nothing other than what the TOS said, which was if you pay $15 you get to play the game. The TOS when you paid your $15 said nothing about receiving Cartel Coins in November.

    Since they now are offering Cartel Coins to people subscribed in November, you have two choices: resub and receive Coins, or don't resub and don't receive Coins.

    You are more than free to piss and moan on the internet about it, just understand that telling the company trying to make money that they're wrong for being a company trying to make money when they are actively trying to make money is ridiculously stupid and worthless.

    And yes, for those who are watching at home, I realize that spending my time responding to an internet troll is equally stupid. *apologizes*

    Warning: Do NOT call people trolls. This will be your only warning.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-09-26 at 04:38 PM.

  4. #124
    I'm not sure but from what I read prior to this part of the discussion... it was mostly about a change they did without mentioning it anywhere. Let's be honest here.. if you buy the CE with or without a subscription.. you paid for the game. There is no difference like it sounds when you read what was written. The same goes for the prior to 31. of july coins... you earned it piror to July 31. If you can unlock all the points, you should be eligible for, are only given when you sub... it's fishy. I mean how much does it cost Bioware or EA for that matter to give these amount of coins for free?

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    I'm not sure but from what I read prior to this part of the discussion... it was mostly about a change they did without mentioning it anywhere. Let's be honest here.. if you buy the CE with or without a subscription.. you paid for the game. There is no difference like it sounds when you read what was written. The same goes for the prior to 31. of july coins... you earned it piror to July 31. If you can unlock all the points, you should be eligible for, are only given when you sub... it's fishy. I mean how much does it cost Bioware or EA for that matter to give these amount of coins for free?
    I think it's just a clarification. Look back at this board. The problem isn't that it was 'officially announced' anywhere... in fact, the post and announcements they made officially are on this board and are very vague. The problem is the inferences people made and thus created a sense of entitlement.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    I realize that spending my time responding to an internet troll is equally stupid. *apologizes*
    Makes stupid metaphor, realizes it, calls person a troll.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  7. #127
    Well probably it has been brought up already... but anyway...

    Helpcenter Question:

    I bought the game, but have let my subscription lapse. What happens if I want to come back now?

    Coming back now is a great idea, because we’ve created special rewards just for lapsed subscribers who have decided to return now, rather than waiting until fall. As a former player, you will earn rewards as soon as you reactivate your account both for the current and prior paid months of your subscription. Rewards will be paid to you in Cartel Coins, which you will be able to use in our Cartel Market to purchase new gear, consumables, and specialty items that allow you to customize your gameplay experience. For more information on the rewards program visit: www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/FREE.
    from the free to play page...

    150 Cartel Coins 1
    Each paid month prior to July 31, 2012
    1 OFFER VALID FOR ACTIVE OR FORMER PAYING SUBSCRIBERS OF STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) AS OF JULY 31, 2012 AT 11:59PM CDT / JULY 31, 2012 AT 4:59AM GMT. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER ACCOUNT. AWARD OF CARTEL COINS SUBJECT TO DIGITAL SERVICES AGREEMENT AND APPLIED IN-GAME TO USER ACCOUNT.
    Both informations contradict each other because even if you don't subscribe... you already "earned" 150/month prior to 31. July. Now for me, the faq page is more reliable than the helpcenter wording though it's confusing.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Makes stupid metaphor, realizes it, calls person a troll.
    Misunderstands metaphor, calls someone silly, reads fully debunked argument, realizes argument is stupid, continues to attack metaphor that he still doesn't understand.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    Misunderstands metaphor, calls someone silly, reads fully debunked argument, realizes argument is stupid, continues to attack metaphor that he still doesn't understand.
    I already knew your argument was stupid.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •