Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    If you are forgetting this is all standstill patchwork fights only and not actual raid fight cuz in the actual fight people will have to move all the time and well mages are probs the worst movement class in game right now because well we lose quite some viability of our level 90 talents through movement and that reduces our dps and yes the is incanters ward, but when will you take enough damage to break that shield in a raid fight its not really that useful in that way and thats probably the reason why mages seem so far on the top because they are weak at movement and that is also why hunters are at the bottom because their movement combat is basically the same as their normal dps. Where others lose dps Hunters stay the same.

Deleted
    I'm fine with my arcane mage to be fair.

If you play multiple classes then you might just notice the fact that when the list of nerfs/buffs appears on mmo-champ every couple of days, Mages are rarely listed.

I feel sorry for other main classes who see regular changes forcing them to re-evaluate their play style even if only in a minor way.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik765 View Post
    Let me clarify, arcane v fire, yes... and, yes, as much as I enjoy arc and the new changes, I would say it is behind fire (imo) right now.
    Emphasis mine. That right there is your mistake. The hotfixes that Blizzard is introducing are to balance the specs at Lvl 90, not to balance them right now.

MoP is 3 days away at this point. Level 85 is completely irrelevant now.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    MoP is 3 days away at this point. Level 85 is completely irrelevant now.

This.

Arcane is getting a choice of three powerful mana regeneration talents, which is a tremendous boost to damage to them that simply doesn't affect the dps of the other specs--they're only going to benefit from the spell power boosts.

Deleted
    its's completed stupid nerf, not needed at all,
    Due to the mobility problem of arcane even with the spec was doing nº1 damage in simcrafts (that is not the case) it will under perform allot in real fights.
    in the other hand Warlocks affliction its already the top dps spec in single target, and in dual target, as well in multitarget... and none touch it? kinda unbalanced...

Mage always have been amongst the very top dps specs, consistently. The amount of whine the class generates whenever ANY balancing is done of ANY of their specs is insane. It's almost like it's expected they should be the very top dps, always or there's a problem a huge bunch of the community will make a massive issue of.
    Get over yourselves already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    The amount of whine
    ...consists of one uninformed mage who was promptly corrected by other mages, and jumped on by other knee-jerk posters like yourself attempting to make unsupported generalizations.

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    WAH WAH WAH, mages have never and will never ever be unviable in any of their specs for either aspect of the game.

"Nerf arcane oh noes it makes it worse than fire but it's still like one of the top dps specs overall in the game, HOW DARE YOU".

There is a reason they nerfed it, as much as rogues would like everyone to think that Blizzard just nerf things because they hate them (same can be said for warriors i guess) and if for some insane reason they decide that nerfing was a bad idea, guess what, they'll BUFF you to boot
    Tell that to sunwell, when mages were so bad we almost weren't worth bringing to give out our Int buff. :P Just saying. Mages were seldom on top through most of burning crusade, and t6 was overall rough. ^_^

Deleted
    We've been good apart from BC, like Snugglepants mentioned. The odds that we are suddenly bringing up the rear of the DPS pack is small, especially considering how, potentially, potent our 90 talents are and how much fun Alter Time can be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snugglepants View Post
    Tell that to sunwell, when mages were so bad we almost weren't worth bringing to give out our Int buff. :P Just saying. Mages were seldom on top through most of burning crusade, and t6 was overall rough. ^_^
    It was a reverse of vanilla though when only one warlock was brought for CoE and you stacked an army of mages. One bad expansion is pretty acceptable, seeing as most other classes have had it way worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    It was a reverse of vanilla though when only one warlock was brought for CoE and you stacked an army of mages. One bad expansion is pretty acceptable, seeing as most other classes have had it way worse.
    He was responding to someone who said "mages have never and will never ever be unviable"

Quote Originally Posted by gunhound45 View Post

You don't get a more clear-cut example of overpowered than this.

Nerf Affliction!

kinda glad they nerfed arcane.. esp since i dont play it.. i hate the new arcane playstyle and much preferred the old one.. plus u cant aoe for shit anymore really... explosion 1sec gcd was so fun.. now it casts so slow its not even worth it anymore.