Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    i don't know look at 43-44 seconds and i cannot see anything at all falling
    Nor can you see any particles suggesting it's falling apart or evaporating. The trail of smoke could be the object simply falling through a layer of cloud. It's really hard to judge if it disappears or keeps falling, due to the video's format. You can't use depth perception to make an accurate calling.

However, you hear a voice just before it vanishes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...cGJx7AmM#t=41s

It kinda sounds like to me it's saying "Kul. It's mine." or maybe "Kul. It's time." "The stone is mine." But it may be in some cryptic language, or just ambiance.

Anybody able to play the audio backwards maybe?
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2012-09-23 at 05:44 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was kinda bummed that they ditched Leah so readily in D3... she was a pretty nice character, and was basically just shunted off. I'm hoping Blizzard revisits her in the expansion. I'm of fair certainty that Adria will play some role in the expansion... she must be tooling about somewhere.

As for the black soulstone, I was under the impression that it "survived..." After watching it a couple of times, I'm fairly certain it disappears behind a layer of clouds as it falls.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluddesu View Post
    Calling it now that Adria is actually Lillith (She's the only one that's never really been confirmed to have been killed) Also this particular quote from the book

“Lilith is her true name, an evil older than the world! She is the mother of deceit, the mistress of betrayal! You are indeed strong for having survived against her, my son.”

The bolded part works perfectly into what Adria did. Lillith also "created" the Nephalem and killed off a good bunch of them aswell. Thus she had no problem "killing/using" Leah.

/Tinfoilhat mode
    Nice theory, might even happen.
    /joins tinfoilhat club
    게임 은 어렵~~

I have thought A LOT about this and think I finally have an awesome and actually possible idea. So we know that the Angel of Wisdom, Malthael went missing. And that the Nephalem were created from both Angel AND Demon. I believe that the opening cut scene will show Adrian grabbing the Black Soul stone so you THINK she is what the next act is about. But then Malthael, out of his need for knowledge, ESPECIALLY of the Black Soulstone will kill her and take the stone, absorbing it into himself creating the most powerful Nephalem imaginable. An Angel of higher power and being that is merged with the Prime Evil. The final battle: nephalem vs nephalem.

Let me know what you think. Regardless I think it'd be one of the coolest endings I myself can imagine

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    im certain there will be an expansion, it certainly looked like there was still part of the black soulstone left. unfortunately i dont see myself buying it after how disappointing d3 was to me. just my opinion

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a different theory, unrelated to story:

Each Act in Diablo 3 resembles one from Diablo 2.

Act 1: Effectively similar locales, though Diablo 2's Act 1 had more lush, grassy areas.
    Act 2: Desert, just like Diablo 2's Act 2
    Act 3: Warzone, just like Diablo 2's Act 5. Doubly so, since they're the same location
    Act 4: Otherworldly zone. Diablo 2 had Hell, 3 had Heaven
    Act 5: ?? Diablo 2's remaining act to be copied is Act 3, a jungle area.

Therefore, Diablo 3 expansion Act 5 will take place in some kind of jungle.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-11-03 at 07:02 PM.

Deleted
    I really really hope that D3 expac will be much more than 1 act, I think that the 4 acts from the base game is already way too short.

Quote Originally Posted by mordrac View Post
    hi,

i believe that diablo 3 will get an expansion with act 5.
    well, when you look closely at the ending video where diablo gets thrown down from heaven, he dissolves, but one part remains falling down to earth.
    i think its the black soulstone, still containing the 7 souls of the evils.

now this is where i think the expansion connects.
    leahs mother is still around, maybe she uses the power for himself, or uses it on some dead guy that was powerfull in his former life. maybe a nephalem to create an even more powerfull diablo.

what do you think might happen?
    I quite like the idea of Leah's mother using the stone on himself since I did not know the stone has the power of doing a sex change operation.

Bear in mind that one of the Angiris council is missing, having gotten bored and dawdled off.

So we have Malthael

We have Tathamet - the Seven head dragon which spawned evil, whilst its commonly seen as being the prime evil its body (The seven Hells) could rise up and create a massive fucking dragon again.

Lilith obviously

Inarius is still kicking about in hell

Quote Originally Posted by killzwitch View Post
    Bear in mind that one of the Angiris council is missing, having gotten bored and dawdled off.

So we have Malthael

We have Tathamet - the Seven head dragon which spawned evil, whilst its commonly seen as being the prime evil its body (The seven Hells) could rise up and create a massive fucking dragon again.

Lilith obviously

Inarius is still kicking about in hell
    I'm glad to see someone else brought up Malthael still being around. I'm definitely gonna do some more research, especially on Tathamet.
    I still want to know why he is considered "missing" since the Scroll of Fate is supposed to know about everything that has to do with Angels and Demons, but not the Nephalem. That is also why I think he is "missing." I think what I said before (what about him becoming a Nephalem) clouds him from being in The Scroll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killzwitch View Post
    Diablo Prime was pretty much the reincarnation of Tathamet, since he was created from the seven evils Tathamet had split into.

That's why I think anything after this is anti-climatic. We've already defeated the single most powerful being in the entire lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been wondering about this myself, I'm sure all roads will lead to Imperious becoming a major problem. The whole of Act 2 kind of builds on the fact that both sides can't be trusted either demon or angel. I would love to see Kulle come back as an advisory role like Caine was, he was dead before we brought him back i think its feasible to bring him back again from the dead lol. Tyrael also mentions that with Kulle the affects of fighting evil for a very long time can make you corrupt, why not have our nephalems deal with that as well as a plot mechanic purely, no reason to go goofing with the combat system. I would enjoy a little a variation from time to time run to run.

Does it really need a plot? Can't I just have a 1000 floor dungeon of randomly generated mobs and increasing challenge?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully the XP will have us dealing with Leah somehow. I hope. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    I think that the 4 acts from the base game is already way too short.
    Well Diablo has always been like that. The series has prided itself on game playing aspects and not so much on the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Does it really need a plot? Can't I just have a 1000 floor dungeon of randomly generated mobs and increasing challenge?
    No, Grandia Extreme tried that, it wasn't all that fun.

My theories are that all of what happened so far has been planned by Malthael, the ex-angel of wisdom, now the angel of death. Who this entire time was using Adria,Diablo and us. I think Kuule partly hints to this when he says were being used and how some angels wanted us dead. He also is surprised as shit that someone was able to break into his lair and put the souls of the evils we slew in D2 in the stone and keep them contained this long. They also make damn sure to mention the fact that the stone can trap angels as well, when it has not been used to do so yet. Malthael wants the soulstone to contain the soul of every Prime Evil(which he accomplishes in D3) and angel so that he can have all the power and remake the universe. D3's expansion is going to be us trying to to stop him from using the stone, which fell to sanctuary and he or Adria snagged, to capture all the angels and become a god. Think of how much death our character has caused, we are in service to death and we do not even realize it. We kill everything, and when shit goes wrong, we kill stuff to fix it.

Leah's spirit will make an appearance as I believe her spirit is also in the stone due to her demon/nephalem heritage. She will in some way help us I think by being the balance in the stone. There will be demons in it, and angels, with her as a Nephalem as the center holding them at bay and keeping them trapped.

The expansion will start out with us helping Tyreal in an angel civil war Vs Imperius. The new class I honestly think will be strength based(since we only have barb's using str so far) and will have been humans trained by Tyreal to help guard heaven. Imperius will have gone full blown wrath at his point and we will be forced to kill him. Malthael will then make an appearance with the stone, thank us for Imperius's soul(the only angel who could take him in a fight) and take off to get the rest of them.

Just all speculation on my part of course. Could be totally wrong.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-11-09 at 10:52 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    First expansion:
    Cain is not actually dead, he survived and is now Diablo.

Second expansion:
    You keep fighting against all the evil just to find out are Diablo.

And the last final battle will be in your head to not let get Diablo take control
    of your body.

About the Black soulstone, correct me if im wrong but i remeber reading somewhere that the soulstones only wer destructable whiting Hells and samshing them on the demon forge or something?

Deleted
    Diablo will be resurrected for xxxx times and you have to kill him lol.

Deleted
    Malthael, archangel of death hunts the Black Soulstone, attempts to capture other archangels souls into it and then destroy it, giving Hell a huge advantage. Meanwhile Adria is also on the hunt for the stone, believing Leahs soul is contained within, and has partially fused together with the other evils, giving a possible chance to resurrect Diablo.
    Adria needs the stone and Malthael wants to destroy it, a great conflict to determine the fate of Sanctuary.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2012-11-11 at 07:15 PM.