Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    The warlock set does have a 3D belt and it looks fantastic, it also has shoulder effects - which look incredibly underwhelming and after watching some fantastic ones like the rogues smoke effect, had me slightly crestfalling - partly due to the wings being no surprise (I'm sure everyone saw THEM coming), and partly due to how underwhelming both effects were, especially the shoulder fire.

That said - the threads digressing from the OPs problems with the T6 helms being changed to work via the challenge mode principle - which I'm afraid will probably just get written off as a necessary sacrifice in the name of challenge mode armor.

I have the T6 transmog on my lock and the wings work normally as far as I can tell now. They come out, flap a bit and then go back in. If you jump repeatedly they will still do the full animation of the first jump before you can trigger another one. Also I have the pvp version of the helmet and the wings are colored a darker blue color. So I think all of your concerns in those regards have been fixed in the last patch or so.

Edit: they arent random though, you are correct with that. But I personally prefer to be able to trigger them myself. Just preference I guess there.

don't ask him to came to your thread on the title. i'm sure he reads every thread

Why couldn't they do something at least new. No one on the warlock team has any imagination? Wings are years old. At least fire wings, something cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    I think the effects aren't 100% yet. All classes have a huge belt, some glow along with the shoulders/helm (DK, shaman, priest videos show them glowing), but others don't seem to glow (warlock, warrior, hunter, even mage doesn't glow). It is possible that on live the warlock effect will be more noticeable.
    The Warrior and Hunter shoulders both become engulfed in Fire. The Mage shoulders have blue/orange fire coming out the top, the 3 crystals glow and blue/orange dalaran symbols appear over the shoulders as well.

The Warlock helm & shoulders both spawn green fire.

Quote Originally Posted by vraagar View Post
    they arent random though, you are correct with that. But I personally prefer to be able to trigger them myself. Just preference I guess there.
    I'd prefer if it was both to be honest.

Personally, I'm a little disapointed that the wings are plain black and so transparent. They should be green or at least have some colour on them.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-09-23 at 01:04 AM.

i think its dumb, we already have 2 other effects that have wings. Rawr for 6 wings!

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The Warrior and Hunter shoulders both become engulfed in Fire. The Mage shoulders have blue/orange fire coming out the top, the 3 crystals glow and blue/orange dalaran symbols appear over the shoulders as well.

The Warlock helm & shoulders both spawn green fire.
    I was talking about the belts. I meant that since some do glow and some aren't, it could mean that the warlock shoulder/helm effect may be more noticeable on live (assuming all class belts are suppose to glow)

Oh right. I think that's intentional to be honest.

I would really like it if it procced if I had no show helmet too
    I don't really like the t6 helm but I do really like the wings.

So like it would procc of the chest piece or something.
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren

10+ Year Old Account
    This armor, is personally, the most bad ass armor i've ever seen.

I'm pretty sure you'll be part of the vocal minority if you say you dislike this set.

Its too badass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paulywally View Post

I'm pretty sure you'll be part of the vocal minority if you say you dislike this set.

Its too badass.
    I duno, T6 was not very popular at all on release, this is in a similar vein. So hilariously over the top it hits some people up the wrong way, so garish.

I love it, but I certainly don't expect it to be universal love. It's the procs that disappoints me, though I like the set enough to wear it regardless of procs, I'd wear the rogue one, despite not being THAT big a fan of it, simply because the huge smoke clouds look awesome - the deathknight set I think hits a nice ground of being aesthetically pleasing, having cool procs and fitting perfectly with frost spec especially, it's not as over the top visually as the Warlock one, the proc isn't as cool as the rogue one, but it's great overall.

are wings stackable? t6 head + callenge set + demo spec (glyph) that would look akward somehow :P

but while watching the cool fire effect from shamans i wonder why we get wings all the time and we still can't fly .. roq get 1 legendary with wings and they can levitate
    we got now 4 wings + 1 meta form with wings so 5 ways to fly and we still can't even hoover over the floor :P

I can see alot of /roar spam being handed out during raids now, once people start getting these sets lol.

Personally I like the direction they are going with these challenge sets, and this is only the first set being offered. I'm sure if you don't like this one there will be others for you to get that will most likely have different animations.
    Desktop - AMD FX-8120 @ 3.8ghz - 8GB DDR3 OCZ - Sapphire 7870
    Laptop - M11X. Revision1 - 1.7ghz ULV Dual Core - 4GB DDR2 - GT335M

Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    are wings stackable? t6 head + callenge set + demo spec (glyph) that would look akward somehow :P

but while watching the cool fire effect from shamans i wonder why we get wings all the time and we still can't fly .. roq get 1 legendary with wings and they can levitate
    we got now 4 wings + 1 meta form with wings so 5 ways to fly and we still can't even hoover over the floor :P
    I know the Dark Apotheosis and t6 / pvp wings are stackable. I might have a screenshot here somewhere actually ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Incredibly disappointed with the warlock challenge mode set. It looks alright, but the best they could come up with was a rehashed t6 helm proc? Looks like ill be sticking to endlessly chewing bubble gum in my t14 set, which imo isn't much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the way this set looks but I do agree that the proc should be added in some randomized way instead of being when you jump. I would prefer both though so I could actually see it on demand as well as when I am standing still casting spells at bosses.

Overall, really happy with this set, great work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    Not unless you can wear two helms at once, it takes the full set to have the effects, right?

I'd be much happier with this set if the wing proc wasn't just on /roar and happened randomly during the fight and / or the shoulder effect was a bit more flashy.

I'll still be wearing it even if it had no effects though, the helm is so stupid it fits into the "so bad it's good" category, though not quite via being bad. I love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paulywally View Post

Its too badass.
    I think it's awful. Who'd have though artwork was subjective?

I think it's massively over the top and too much Illidan and not enough Warlock.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2012-09-23 at 07:07 PM.

It's a decent-enough set, IMO, but between the huge horns and the ginormous shoulders it's just too top heavy in appearance. The shoulders are distractingly large even on player models that don't typically have giant shoulder pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think it's awful. Who'd have though artwork was subjective?

I think it's massively over the top and too much Illidan and not enough Warlock.
    well, maybe it look awful on female humans, but on male undeads it looks awesome