Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Challenge Armor 'Demon Wings' effect?

I don't really like taking your time for cosmetic effect, but seeing new Challenge mode gear and how the issue were swoop under rug...

There is a t6 helmetthat comes off with special graphic of wings getting out of your back. For a long time, it was working correctly: the wings came out at semi-random times, flapping few times then retreating back. However, with t13, it suddenly stopped, instead showing up for a short time only when bunny hopping, or /roar. It didn't take much brainpower to see it was all because Warlock tier helm effect was linked to new Rogue legendaries, and then fiddled with to suit them (instead of making new spell copy just for them).

I could understand that somehow, past sloppy resource cutting, because Legendaries had priority over old lock set used only to transmog. However, now that Mist is coming up, non-transmogable Legendaries are going to gather dust in bank, and most importantly, wings are getting back to current content as the new prestige Challenge Mode set, could we have them fixed up to what they were, or even improved upon, before?

Issues now (this the important stuff):
    - Wings display on bunny hopping, making you look silly (some people might like it, I don't, it killed my transmog set, it wasn't there before)
    - Wings do not display at all otherwise. The full animation before was, as I said, semi-randomly out and in combat. It was really glorious and MUST be brought back.
    - Colour of wings depending on whether helmet was tier (red pve headgear, red wings, blue/shadow pvp headgear, blue/shadow wing) seem to bug out on one, I believe both helmets are having Red wings now.

What changed for good:
    /roar forcing full animation is good idea and should stay, but it can't be only way to display them.

What could be improved (minor things):
    - Wings coming out when falling while under Slowfall effect
    - Wings exposed and flapping while under levitate effect, similar like levitated Meta (not sure if it's there already or not tbh).

Again, sorry for taking your time, but I think Warlock dev is the only person left who could give some care for this issue.

I am utterly disappointed in the Warlock - Challenge Armor. It is complete BS in my oppinion, only shows an effect (Dark wings) when we use an emote? thanks....all other classes has some effect when they cast spells, warlocks challenge set doesnt even do anything when we cast spells.

Tier 14 seems like it will be the "set of choise" for warlocks that wants to look awesome, unless you actually like the Challenge armor looks (i cant help but feel it is rather underwhelming tho, and it disapoints me).

Wings should proc like it did in Sunwell, otherwise, whats the point of having them if you cant feel a bit more badass when you fight ? i never cared for "look at me, i have wings, i must be cool" that just seemed like it would be something for those that thaught they would be awesome/cool cause they could show wings with an emote, and its not about others, its about ME wanting my character to LOOK more badass when i fight, defenitly does not deliver with the current incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Miothan View Post
    warlocks challenge set doesnt even do anything when we cast spells.
    It does. Green fire bursts out of the shoulders and the horns.

15+ Year Old Account
    Post it on official forums,dont expect anyone from blizzard answering here...

10+ Year Old Account
    i love warlock set, nice wings, skulls and horns glowing green when casting spells, amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    Macro /roar to all your abilities, problem solved.

Seriously though, I thought the green glow that was coming out was a tad low too, could use a bit more *pop*

Wings are awesome though, and I remember the Shaman fire splash thing also only working on emote, I think, so it's not like our set is the only one.

Is it not possible the /roar animations has a low % chance to show while just standing around or in combat?

The current state of the wings is intended.

My warlock is my alt and i dont think im gonna kill myself to get this mog set

Besides i still love my tier 6 helm and that wing effect i still love to jump then hit rocket jump (im goblin) and i think that helm with the huge horns wouldnt look cool on a goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Myrwyss View Post
    Post it on official forums,dont expect anyone from blizzard answering here...
    Actually this is probably a better place if you want the lock devs to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    I don't really like taking your time for cosmetic effect, but seeing new Challenge mode gear and how the issue were swoop under rug...

There is a t6 helmetthat comes off with special graphic of wings getting out of your back. For a long time, it was working correctly: the wings came out at semi-random times, flapping few times then retreating back. However, with t13, it suddenly stopped, instead showing up for a short time only when bunny hopping, or /roar. It didn't take much brainpower to see it was all because Warlock tier helm effect was linked to new Rogue legendaries, and then fiddled with to suit them (instead of making new spell copy just for them).

I could understand that somehow, past sloppy resource cutting, because Legendaries had priority over old lock set used only to transmog. However, now that Mist is coming up, non-transmogable Legendaries are going to gather dust in bank, and most importantly, wings are getting back to current content as the new prestige Challenge Mode set, could we have them fixed up to what they were, or even improved upon, before?

Issues now (this the important stuff):
    - Wings display on bunny hopping, making you look silly (some people might like it, I don't, it killed my transmog set, it wasn't there before)
    - Wings do not display at all otherwise. The full animation before was, as I said, semi-randomly out and in combat. It was really glorious and MUST be brought back.
    - Colour of wings depending on whether helmet was tier (red pve headgear, red wings, blue/shadow pvp headgear, blue/shadow wing) seem to bug out on one, I believe both helmets are having Red wings now.

What changed for good:
    /roar forcing full animation is good idea and should stay, but it can't be only way to display them.

What could be improved (minor things):
    - Wings coming out when falling while under Slowfall effect
    - Wings exposed and flapping while under levitate effect, similar like levitated Meta (not sure if it's there already or not tbh).

Again, sorry for taking your time, but I think Warlock dev is the only person left who could give some care for this issue.
    I was mogged to the t6 set on my warlock a few days ago (gnome) and the wings would proc when you jumped or roared and would stay out for the full duration, regardless of what else you did, running, jumping, emoting. If you jumped again while the wings would stay out the first set of wings would stay out and complete their animation and nothing would happen. It wouldn't clip like before the pre-patch.

I think they actually fixed that part of the wing functionality in the prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Really? guess its really small then cause i sure didnt notice any difference betwen the character not casting spells and character casting spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Really? Cause I watched that vid twice and saw as much green fire as I saw rainbows.

Let me rewatch that, but even if it's there, the effect must be terribly underwhelming for so many people to miss it.

Edit: Wow, you're right. Again, very underwhelming though, I had to be pointed out where the effect wasbefore seeing it. O_o
    Last edited by Cirque; 2012-09-22 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Really? Cause I watched that vid twice and saw as much green fire as I saw rainbows.

Let me rewatch that, but even if it's there, the effect must be terribly underwhelming for so many people to miss it.

Edit: Wow, you're right. Again, very underwhelming though, I had to be pointed out where the effect wasbefore seeing it. O_o
    Yeah, BUT we won't be getting Challenge mode armour in the first week I think, so Blizz has some time to tweak the lighting a bit, hopefully

The green glow also does a three-pointed mohawk type affect on the helmet, but it's barely noticable. I only saw it on my third watch.

That said, the proc and the wings are extremely underwhelming. I was SO EXCITED for this set when I first saw it, and I still love the looks of it, but I'm more excited for the druid one now (good thing I'm getting that one first).

I actually like how the wings come out now while jumping instead of at random, only thing I don't like is the messed up coloring with the t6 skin pvp helm and the fact that there is no more flapping, they only come out briefly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I actually like how the wings come out now while jumping instead of at random, only thing I don't like is the messed up coloring with the t6 skin pvp helm and the fact that there is no more flapping, they only come out briefly.
    They fixed the PvP helm/wings in 5.0.4. Post about it in the Transmog thread

I don't dislike the set nor the effects, but I certainly was expecting something else, now I'm not sure I'll try to get it. Wings are nice though.

I only play 2 chars, feral and destro, since Druid's challenge set doesn't proc shapeshift I won't even bother... so in the end I may not even see challenge modes XD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    I don't dislike the set nor the effects, but I certainly was expecting something else, now I'm not sure I'll try to get it. Wings are nice though.

I only play 2 chars, feral and destro, since Druid's challenge set doesn't proc shapeshift I won't even bother... so in the end I may not even see challenge modes XD.
    Title and mount too, might be worth it for you. Less effort too, only need all bronze for title and all silver for mount

I think the effects aren't 100% yet. All classes have a huge belt, some glow along with the shoulders/helm (DK, shaman, priest videos show them glowing), but others don't seem to glow (warlock, warrior, hunter, even mage doesn't glow). It is possible that on live the warlock effect will be more noticeable.