Unhappy Coolermaster fans with Asus mobo

Greetings

I've purchased various bits from the build of the month post with the intent of building a machine for MoP.

I've encountered a problem however. The Coolermaster HAF 932 case has 3 large chassis fans and 1 small chassis fan. I've bought the ASUS P8 Z77-V LK MOBO but it appears to only have 3 chassis fan headers and 1 cpu fan header.

The cpu fan header and the 1 of the chassis fan headers (directly beside the cpu one) are used by the Thermaltake Frio air cooler (which has 2 fans). I removed the small Coolermaster chassis fan due to this which is fine.

This leaves me with 3 large chassis fans but only 2 fan headers free on the mobo. 1 large fan on the side panel, 1 on the top and 1 in the front where the hard drive trays are located.

I've read it's not a good idea to get a splitter which would drive 2 fans from 1 header as it could cause some problems.

Can anyone tell me which of the 3 fans I should connect and which 1 is safe to leave unconnected? i.e. which 2 would give the best airflow?

Many thanks for any help

Deleted
    I would go for the top and front fans. That way you get a good enough airflow.

But i would buy a fan controller, they arent that expensive and that way you can connect all your fans and more fans if you feel the need for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I would buy a fan controller but if that is out of the question front and rear or top would be ideal.

edit ---- Darn someone beat me to it by a mile.

Thanks for the replies. "Aero Cool Touch 2000" fan controller now on order from Amazon.

Rather than leaving them unconnected, you could attach the extra one(s) to the PSUs 4pin molex ( link )
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Rather than leaving them unconnected, you could attach the extra one(s) to the PSUs 4pin molex ( link )
    Never knew you could do that - thanks for the tip.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    Personally I would buy a fan controller but if that is out of the question front and rear or top would be ideal.

edit ---- Darn someone beat me to it by a mile.
    More like beaten by a mere 3 minutes. ;p

But I am going to back up the fan controller idea - and heavily. I have the NZXT Sentry 2, and while I hate it specifically for the noises it makes and the LED panel, it gets the job done and helps out HEAVILY with cable management.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I'm also considering buying a fan controller, my fans are too loud.
    Playing since 2007.