Deleted

Archeology - On 2 char, what can you find twice?

So with MoP I'm switching my main and leveled archeology to 525 again. Now my old main already had the professor title which means I have quite a collection of account bound items. Now my question is can you find them again? I got a few rares like troll pet and raptor mount again but haven't seen any account bound items yet.

They're all character bound so you can get them all.

Deleted
    ive yet to see that blue bug mount -.- i have to go on a digging spree again soonish,,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    ive yet to see that blue bug mount -.- i have to go on a digging spree again soonish,,
    Oh cool I somehow missed that. Since I was looking for something to kill time with till MoP I guess I get me one of these.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dgreen View Post
    They're all character bound so you can get them all.
    Just confirming this. I have 2 Nifflevar Bearded Axes which I dug up on my Rogue and my Hunter specifically for my future Monk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Just confirming this. I have 2 Nifflevar Bearded Axes which I dug up on my Rogue and my Hunter specifically for my future Monk.
    I was waiting for someone who actually dug out 2 of the same item. Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    I was waiting for someone who actually dug out 2 of the same item. Thanks
    Figured I might as well add a screenshot. This is my bank alt so none of my addons are set up properly besides for Altoholic. On the tooltip Altoholic shows I have the axe twice, and of course you can see both in the bag itself. The bank alt is called Lockboxes.

I got the mount over 100 tol'vir solves ago, I want the pet!! The rng gods are cruel to everyone it seems. I think it's just a huge prank by blizzard.

With the exception of the Vyrkrul axe, there is little else you would want to level archaeology on more than one toon for.

While you can have two Zin'rokhs they are unique so you cant use two of them at the same time as a fury warrior without the use of transmog.

The vyrkrul axe is not unique, and thus you can use 2 on one toon at the same time.

I guess you could level archaeology on multiple toons for a slighty higher chance at the mounts, since if you still have items for a race you have never made yet, including commons it is believed you have a higher chance of getting rares. This chances once all the commons have been found and you are a have most of the rares for that race.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    I guess you could level archaeology on multiple toons for a slighty higher chance at the mounts, since if you still have items for a race you have never made yet, including commons it is believed you have a higher chance of getting rares. This chances once all the commons have been found and you are a have most of the rares for that race.
    I don't think that works. I'm no expert on professions or archaeology but I'm quite sure everything you find on one character is tied to that one character only, so your other character's chances won't be effected in any way whatsoever. The achievements you get on one character will be account bound and shared to the other characters, but you can still earn those achievements again on those other characters.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarf (3 Chalices, 5 Gnome pets, 4 hearthstones)
    Draenei (2 Arrival, 1 Relic)
    Fossil (6 fossil mounts - before they were combined, 1 shield, 9 fossil hatchlings, 3 pterrordax hatchlings, 8 amber)
    Night Elf (7 wisp amulets, 2 tyrande dolls, 6 bones of transform, 9 dressing gowns, 9 druid / priest statue, 9 mirror, 10 wind chimes)
    Nerubian (1 blessing, 1 puzzle)
    Orc (2 headdresses)
    Tol'Vir (1 scarab pendant, 2 emperor rings, 1 bug mount)
    Troll (4 voodoo pets, 7 drums)
    Vrykul (2 axes, 1 horn)

Summary, finding multiples of anything is possible on several characters, I'm up to 10 arch maxed toons and still go around digging when I'm bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I don't think that works. I'm no expert on professions or archaeology but I'm quite sure everything you find on one character is tied to that one character only, so your other character's chances won't be effected in any way whatsoever. The achievements you get on one character will be account bound and shared to the other characters, but you can still earn those achievements again on those other characters.
    I remember reading some posts inregards to %chance to find the rares. Statistically speaking a toon is more likely to get a rare to proc as their next item if they still have commons left to solve.

So if you were hunting after the Night elf trinket or the dwarf staff or the troll sword you had a higher chance of seeing it if you still had commons left, once that item was the only thing left to make for that race the chances of seeing as your next project went even lower.

This is why people would level archaeology on alts because if those alts hadnt made everything for the race they had a slightly higher chance of getting the rares than that person's main did now that the main had made all the commons and a health dose of the rares save the epics.

Least that was the understanding at the time. And why many people leveled archaeology on multiple toons back when Zin'rokh was BIS.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2012-09-23 at 04:46 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Thanks for the hint, took about 10 tol vir solves since yesterday to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daovan View Post
    Summary, finding multiples of anything is possible on several characters, I'm up to 10 arch maxed toons and still go around digging when I'm bored.
    omg wow, though I must say your loot list is a bit underwhelming for 10 maxed chars.