How well can these machines run?

For playing WoW, SC2, and Diablo 3, Could you guys please tell me at what graphics settings each of these rigs would be able to run the games on (and at what FPS?)

#1-
    2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i3-2120 (3M Cache, 3.3 GHz)
    6GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz
    1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 545

#2-
    3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3450 (6M Cache, up to 3.1 GHz)
    6GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
    1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 545

#3-
    3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3450 (6M Cache, up to 3.1 GHz)
    8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
    1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660

Please can you guys answer in a format something like this:
    #1 is a (good/bad) computer. It can run WoW/SC2/D3 on (low/fair/good/high/ultra) settings at 40+ FPS in a combat environment.
    #2 is a (good/bad) computer. It can run WoW/SC2/D3 on (low/fair/good/high/ultra) settings at 40+ FPS in a combat environment.
    #3 is a (good/bad) computer. It can run WoW/SC2/D3 on (low/fair/good/high/ultra) settings at 40+ FPS in a combat environment.

I would personally pick option (#1/#2/#3)
    Thank you so much guys.

I'm not a computer expert, but I think the i3 is only decent, where the i5 is probably the best. Wow, and other MMOs tend to have a greater gain from good CPUs rather than good GPUs. Those two opinions (which may be fact) leads me to believe that you will find a higher performance gain going from setup 1 to setup 2, rather than going from setup 2 to setup 3. I would personally pick #2 for those reasons. Unless I had an overabundance of money, in which case I would go for the top end.

As this may not be what you wanted, or in the format you wanted, here's my rig: i7-2630QM @ 2GHz, 8 GB PC3 10700 memory (I think that's 1600MHz), and GTX 460M. I play WoW on mostly good settings. Just with #2, your setup will blow mine away.

Edit: If you had the money, I would recommend a SSD for faster boot and load times as well.
    Last edited by Dannoson; 2012-09-22 at 06:55 PM.

Deleted
    i could hold an entire lecture about good and bad, but i agree with dannoson, #3 is overkill for the games you noted, and #1 should also be fine but might struggle with future patches

Quote Originally Posted by Dannoson View Post
    I'm not a computer expert, but I think the i3 is only decent, where the i5 is probably the best. Wow, and other MMOs tend to have a greater gain from good CPUs rather than good GPUs. Those two opinions (which may be fact) leads me to believe that you will find a higher performance gain going from setup 1 to setup 2, rather than going from setup 2 to setup 3. I would personally pick #2 for those reasons. Unless I had an overabundance of money, in which case I would go for the top end.

As this may not be what you wanted, or in the format you wanted, here's my rig: i7-2630QM @ 2GHz, 8 GB PC3 10700 memory (I think that's 1600MHz), and GTX 460M. I play WoW on mostly good settings. Just with #2, your setup will blow mine away.

Edit: If you had the money, I would recommend a SSD for faster boot and load times as well.
    Thanks but I'm kinda on a budget and those are my options atm due to other reasons. I'd really like to know if #1 can run WoW on Ultra. I'd also like to know if #2 can, I'm kinda sure than #3 can.

Quote Originally Posted by gronch View Post
    i could hold an entire lecture about good and bad, but i agree with dannoson, #3 is overkill for the games you noted, and #1 should also be fine but might struggle with future patches

What FPS can #1 do at ultra graphics? What FPS can #2? What do you consider as overkill? Isn't SC2 max graphics in heavy combat quite demanding?

I can almost guarantee #1 can't do ultra settings in WoW, due to the i3. Good or high might be fine, but with a gaming rig, I'd go with the i5.

But if you have to go cheap now and upgrade later, get a motherboard and memory that can handle the i3 and i5, so you can cheaply upgrade later.

Can #2 run Ultra well?

I'd say probably. It certainly has a better chance than #1. Wow is more CPU intensive than GPU, so a better GPU won't have as great an impact. Although, in certain conditions, AMD graphics cards may bog you down.

I3 2100 Benchmark
    Graphics Card Heirarchy
    550ti vs 660

Will the i3 2120 play WoW decently yeah it wont have problems. The 545 is less powerful that a 550ti making a jump to the regular 660 would see well over a double in performance gain. If you had to get one of these machines I would definately go with option 3. If not option 2. What is your budget are you capable of watching youtube and learning how to build your own system?
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

so can the i3 run ultra at 40+ fps?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorgath View Post
    so can the i3 run ultra at 40+ fps?
    nah i don't think so ( in sw or Org )

10+ Year Old Account
    While I agree wow does rely only proc more then gpu all of the cpu's listed are more then enough however the gt 545 is a cheapy budget Gpu and may struggle with higher resolutions and settings no matter which of the cpu's it is paired with.

The GT 545 is an extremely weak gaming GPU and will come nowhere close to max settings regardless of what the above posters have told you. Option #3 is the only viable gaming rig linked.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    The GT 545 is an extremely weak gaming GPU and will come nowhere close to max settings regardless of what the above posters have told you. Option #3 is the only viable gaming rig linked.
    But for sure Option #3 can run ultra WoW/D3/SC2 on good fps right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorgath View Post
    But for sure Option #3 can run ultra WoW/D3/SC2 on good fps right?
    Eh, who cares? You apparently purchased a $15,000 rig anyway. No need to keep this thread going, right?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...what-you-think
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Eh, who cares? You apparently purchased a $15,000 rig anyway. No need to keep this thread going, right?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...what-you-think
    lol fail Dorgath