KoT on Lightbringer (formerly Knights of Tranquility on The Scryers) was formed in August 2005 with the belief that raiding should be a positive, fun and friendly social experience. Our guild caters to older people with limited time to play, but who want to down content with other skilled and fun-loving people. The majority of our raiders have been together for a long time and the social aspects of raiding are as important to us as progression. In September 2012 we moved to Lightbringer server for a better economy and more raider recruitment opportunities.
Our approach to raid is that we are always respectful of our members, and our member's time. Our members often have responsibilities that limit the amount of time they have to play, so we make the best use of that time by starting raids promptly, and limiting the number of interruptions in raids. Each raid team member understands that raiding is a challenging activity that requires preparation and research before each raid, and that during raids, we need to give our full attention and effort to make the raid successful. However, we never resort to insults or name-calling as a means of correcting mistakes. We resolve raid issues in a positive, constructive manner.
* We have an older, calmer, player base, so our guild chat won't hurt your eyes, and our
Mumble won't hurt your ears. Our guild members are respectful and easy to get along with.
* Our raiding is limited to nine hours per week, so you'll have plenty of time for RL activities. Our guild has been raiding since Molten Core was progression content, so we're a well-established raiding guild.
* We need people for full-time raiding positions, so you'll be right in the action every night.
* We're a small tight knit guild (about 40 total active players, including non-raiders), so you won't get lost in the crowd.
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday between 7:30-10:30 p.m. PST.
25 man raiding
All classes except DK/priest
Recruiting 1 tank, 1 healer, 3 dps
Other classes may be considered depending on gear/experience/personality fit. Check http://kotguild.shivtr.com for more info on specific class needs.
Also interested in other classes/roles depending on gear/experience/personality fit.
* Applicants should be in a mix of properly itemized PvE gear (460 ilevel)
* Must have Mumble installed and be able to listen on Mumble.
* Should be able to attend at least 2 of the 3 nights stated, for the full length of time.
In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
“But what is the good of friendship if one cannot say exactly what one means? Anybody can say charming things and try to please and to flatter, but a true friend always says unpleasant things, and does not mind giving pain. Indeed, if he is a really true friend he prefers it, for he knows that then he is doing good.”
“Friends are helpful not only because they will listen to us, but because they will laugh at us; Through them we learn a little objectivity, a little modesty, a little courtesy; We learn the rules of life and become better players of the game”
“A friend is a hand that is always holding yours, no matter how close or far apart you may be. A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care. A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.”