An easy fix to PvP Power.

As the title states, there's a very easy way to fixing the entire PvP Power double dipping dilemma, simply make it great + % damage OR healing, not both.

it could be spec dependent , healing specs would get +% healing and damage specs +% damage.

Or you could simply make it a choice, by letting a certain stat decide the increase, for example:

If spirit is higher than all the other secondary stats ( or if it's stacked enough), then the person gains +% healing increase, if spirit is low or relatively lower than any of the other secondary stats, they would gain +% damage increase.

classes that don't use spirit:
    -all melee non-hybrid damage dealers and hunters
    - mages
    - warlocks
    now hybrids like , Spriest, boomkin and ele shaman or any other spec that might be a melee for a hybrid would have secondary stat values higher than spirit, meaning they would gain +% damage increase instead of healing.

and all healer types would carry considerable spirit so they would gain +% healing.

this also provides the option of choosing whether you want +%damage or healing by increasing a secondary stat beyond their spirit value or lowering their spirit, this option is mostly suitable for healers who wish to provide more pressure damage in the case where they aren't worried about the healing but their assist damage is weak, though this option is just there for show really, I doubt anyone would pick it.

Anyways, imo this would balance out the insane hybrid healing going about around here.

Thoughts?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    There was a blue post saying they were going to nerf healing done by damage dealing hybrids if they saw a need for it. Also, i don't know why you would think basing it off of spirit is a smart idea; just stick with the idea of nerfing healing based on spec.

TLDR: Read blue posts and use common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by summons inc View Post
    There was a blue post saying they were going to nerf healing done by damage dealing hybrids if they saw a need for it. Also, i don't know why you would think basing it off of spirit is a smart idea; just stick with the idea of nerfing healing based on spec.

TLDR: Read blue posts and use common sense.
    the spirit thing was just added as a different perspective.

and yes I am fully aware of blue posts and the healing nerf, pvp power benefits being spec related would solve most of the problems imho.

This thread seems to belong some forum section else... :P

make it spec dependend not spirit
    never did use spirit gear on my diszi or refored it to mastery so meh ^^

but i also think that shadows,ele,moonfirespamer just heal way to mutch