Deleted

No audio device?

It seems I'm here all the time lately with a new problem. But now it's my sound, I have none, I have tried plugging speakers in and also my headset and no sound, apparently no audio device is installed.

I opened up devices and this is what it shows:

When you click properties on any of the "!" of the sound stuff, it tells me "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

Any help at all? [COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by mmoc10e316d81f; 2012-09-22 at 09:39 PM.

Right-click and uninstall the "Realtek High Definition Audio".

Then click on the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, and click Scan for Changes.

This should update it and show it again, and *may* try to install video drivers from windows update. If it doesn't, try manually running Windows Update.

Edit

You may need to restart, if it doesn't appear after scanning.
    Last edited by Yohassakura; 2012-09-22 at 09:35 PM.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    Still the same old: "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

When I uninstalled realtek, it said delete driver software too? I didn't tick that box, should I have?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    Still the same old: "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

When I uninstalled realtek, it said delete driver software too? I didn't tick that box, should I have?
    Yeah, delete the driver, then windows should attempt to download a verified version.

If that fails, try going to realtek's website and look for the drivers fitting the description of your hardware, and manually install it.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Try checking the windows audio service:
    start -> run -> services.msc

then look up "windows audio" and if it isn't running:
    right click, select properties, change startup to automatic, and manually start the service.

If i'm not mistake it requires both "plug and play" (should be running either way) and "power management" (may not be running) to be started, so check those to if you cannot start it.

Deleted
    Nope I've done everything both of you guys have said and still the silly "!" next to the stuff. Is it worth reformatting my entire computer for because I'm not gonna do anuything on here without sound?

Nope I've done everything both of you guys have said and still the silly "!" next to the stuff. Is it worth reformatting my entire computer for because I'm not gonna do anuything on here without sound?
    Either go here: Realtek or check your motherboard manufacturers website, and download the drivers.

I think you just have to run the .exe file then

It seems I'm here all the time lately with a new problem. But now it's my sound, I have none, I have tried plugging speakers in and also my headset and no sound, apparently no audio device is installed.

I opened up devices and this is what it shows:

When you click properties on any of the "!" of the sound stuff, it tells me "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

Any help at all? [COLOR="red"]
    Uninstall those drivers then post your motherboard make, model number and OS version here and i'll give u links for your drivers.