Page 1 of 2
LastLast

One more new class means less raid spots for others?

With monk added, anyone worry about the increasing difficulty to have a raid spot?

10+ Year Old Account
    This post actually makes no sense.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Choose player, not a Class.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is only threatening if you're a horrible player that was only needed for your buff.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Not especially, no. A group isn't going to require a monk to be successful.

I don't see any reason as to why someones raid spot will be in danger at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    I don't see any reason as to why someones raid spot will be in danger at all.
    If anything I gained a guaranteed raid spot. My guild needs another healer besides our druid.

The only people worried about their raid spots will be the Monks, considering how generally bad they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes actually. I won't be able to run my class run TB style raids anymore, but only for those kind of raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

I might of been but seeing as how organized 25m raiding is all but dead I couldn't care less because I don't take part in 10m raiding

Of course it doesn't really matter Monk is a melee class and will get sidelined in any 10m in favor of casters, Just like the rest of the melee unless it's utility is really needed in the raidgroup.

Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    Yes actually. I won't be able to run my class run TB style raids anymore, but only for those kind of raids.
    They don't have those kinds of raids anymore.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Class runs for TB are about it, and there are none in MOP so, does not change it unless your top end guild and at the point it would be more likely re-rolling rather than replacement.

10+ Year Old Account
    sigh... /facepalm.

OP, don't you think if there is a new class, all it will be is having someone who once played say a warrior now playing a monk, and they get in not as there class but as the player.
    #boycottchina

yeah. one less raid spot for the tank, healer or dps that rolled a monk.

or I guess, since monks can tank, heal, and dps... that means that...our raids need to be set to 28man and 13 man to compensate.

Not really, no. The only reason why a Monk may be required is for Zen Meditation and that's only if fights are balanced around large AoE phases that require soaking and CDs. I highly doubt it as it would funnel classes that bring a wider range of utlity in and those without, out. Compare a DK to Ret, a DK can talent for AMZ which for burst hits is better. It soaks up 75% of everyone's damage as it's all one hit. Devotion Aura reduces all Magic Damage by 20% for 6s. For a "breath" or an Aura-like magic damage Ret would be better (Purely in terms of utlity) while for something such as Hour of Twilight DK's are vastly superior.

But yeah, I'm not worried about a raiding spot in my guild. Recently been filling spots in raids because of a lack of interest and I've shown that despite the lack of gear (JP and VP loot and no set bonuses) I've been out dpsing players in 2/4 sets and several HC pieces regularly. Several of those are also rerolling while I'm staying as Ret so I've got that in my favour too.

Edit-

Not to mention Blood DK's can talent for AMZ if desired too, effectively meaning that a DK could be switched out for a Monk dps or anyone else and have the DK tank and still keep the utility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    yeah. one less raid spot for the tank, healer or dps that rolled a monk.

or I guess, since monks can tank, heal, and dps... that means that...our raids need to be set to 28man and 13 man to compensate.
    Sarcasm?

Because I'd expect someone with that many posts to know how silly you're sounding....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    This is only threatening if you're a horrible player that was only needed for your buff.
    Or being a melee in a somewhat serious to hardcore guild which has plenty of ranged.

No I'm not bitter about my raid leader wanting me to play a Rogue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    haha, hit the nail right on the head ^^

the logic is flawless.