10+ Year Old Account

Retri burst dmg vs it's sustien dmg in pvp

Hey everyone, just a question to the fellow retri paladins who played beta guys I have been experminting this patch a lot in term of pvp as a lvl 85 I kinda feel that the margin difference between our burst dmg and sustien got bigger than it was before the patch.

As a retri we all know that we are so dependable on our cds and burst in pvp and without our wings and offensive cds our dmg doesn't do enough pressure o the target players. However, before the patch I feel I was doing okayish sustien pressure dmg without my offensive cds like wings and guardian because I had pvp elites gears + Gurthalak heroic but now in this patch I feel I'm doing more burst dmg than before because of the holy avenger burst ability (It's like the better version of Zealotry).

I mean I was doing a lot of duels and world pvp stuff then we had an agreement with my opponent classes that we fight on without using any offensive cds then we fight in another match using full offensive cds.

The first match the game was long because retri off healing is just OP at the moment because it's healing so much for lvl 85 but I feel the sustien dmg even with gurth hc and elite pvp gears it's like nothing almost no dmg no pressure at all. Then the second match I just used all of my offensive cds and blow them up in less than 5 seconds. I just feel before the patch the margin between dps not using offensive cds vs dps using cds is just got bigger than before do you think guys the reason of this because we are still missing the lvl 90 talent?

I know this is a pre patch which have a lot of unbalance pvp issues like every expansion but it's a question to the ppl who tried the lvl 90 beta pvp stuff do you think the talent lvl 90 fixed the margin difference between our dmg using cds and not using cds?

Discuss please and thanks for reading.

I do agree that ret sustain is quite low. I don't think it's quite so bad as to say I do 0 pressure when my CDs are down, but I would like to see the burst reduced and sustain raised. I think taking the 30% off holy avenger and puttin back into ability scaling would be a proper fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulderfox View Post
    I do agree that ret sustain is quite low. I don't think it's quite so bad as to say I do 0 pressure when my CDs are down, but I would like to see the burst reduced and sustain raised. I think taking the 30% off holy avenger and puttin back into ability scaling would be a proper fix.
    Yeah but the question is does our sustien dmg get much better with our lvl 90 talents? I'm asking this because I didn't touch the beta does the last talent close the gap margin difference between our insane amazing burst and weak sustien dmg?

not really all u need a tiny buff for Templar or inquisition :seperating bad players from good players when u buff inquisition 30% holy dmg make it 50% holy dmg and 10% critical make it 15 % players who keep inquisition up with this buff ur forcing other players to Learn how important this ability and that he should maintain it in PVe or PVP

Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    not really all u need a tiny buff for Templar or inquisition :seperating bad players from good players when u buff inquisition 30% holy dmg make it 50% holy dmg and 10% critical make it 15 % players who keep inquisition up with this buff ur forcing other players to Learn how important this ability and that he should maintain it in PVe or PVP
    I don't see how adding more damage to inquisition is gonna separate good from bad players, it's piss easy to keep it up these days.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

when i see a beta player in dungeon giving a guide on youtube about how bad Retribution paladin is @ lvl 90 and his DMG was low the first comment was : where is ur inquisition <---- i realized that he never ever used his inquisition none on mobs nor on boss
    Last edited by Matrlx; 2012-09-23 at 05:07 PM.

Going with "keep inq up" it's 30%. That's a LOT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

yea your right lets keep Tv dmg as it is , That's a LOT