Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwald View Post
    Thinking about adding an aura for Expel Harm... Same premise as Elusive Brew, right?
    Ehhh... Since it's a heal, just using it on cooldown wouldn't be a good idea. Perhaps if it's off cooldown and you're below 90ish% health, it would be okay, though that's still somewhat simplifying it and how it should be used (particularly on a fight with spike damage).

    Oh, also, I'm linking to this thread in the guide. This okay with you, chief?

  2. #22
    My solution for Expel Harm was a weakaura that flashes when I am sub 35% health.

    Spam Expel Harm until the aura disappears.

  3. #23
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamadenhu View Post
    My solution for Expel Harm was a weakaura that flashes when I am sub 35% health.

    Spam Expel Harm until the aura disappears.
    I added EH to my "priority" list but kept it rather low on the list. I plan to hotkey it in the same key I used to have Death Strike since they have similar use and just need a nice visual indicator when it's available. Then just smack it when low health.

    Does anyone have info on roughly what % of your health it can heal (estimate of course) max in regular raid gear?

    I'll post my "priority" string once I'm able to make my Monk and test I have it set right.

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Ehhh... Since it's a heal, just using it on cooldown wouldn't be a good idea. Perhaps if it's off cooldown and you're below 90ish% health, it would be okay, though that's still somewhat simplifying it and how it should be used (particularly on a fight with spike damage).

    Oh, also, I'm linking to this thread in the guide. This okay with you, chief?
    Of course you can link to it - that's what the community is for right?

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 04:55 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamadenhu View Post
    My solution for Expel Harm was a weakaura that flashes when I am sub 35% health.

    Spam Expel Harm until the aura disappears.
    This is a pretty good solution. I will implement tonight and add a pastebin link. I am probably going to use 50% though

  5. #25

    My Brewmaster WeakAuras Export Strings

    Here is what I'm currently using for my Brewmaster on Beta.
    Since I can't post links, my screenshot is hosted on i.imgur and my strings on pastebin. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I hope it's worth the effort!

    Screenshot of Auras:
    /OEWYA.jpg

    Pastebin links to Group Strings:
    Priority List - /K0qd0UQ4
    Stagger - /KXxUmMy8
    Chi - /hxwHFR5D

    The stagger and chi strings are not my own. I got them both off the official forums. I believe the stagger group is the same one the original poster uses, slightly altered.

    I have set up my WeakAuras in a way to make it easier for me to visually see my priorities. Feel free to customize to your liking, especially for values on Expel Harm Health %, Elusive Brew Stacks, Time left on Shuffle, etc.

    Some explanation of the auras and their settings:
    Keg Smash - Displays when off Cooldown
    Expel Harm - Displays when off Cooldown AND less than 100% health (my preference for leveling, adjust for preference)
    Shuffle - Displays Blackout Kick when Shuffle is Missing AND shows Blackout Kick with time remaining when Shuffle has less than 8 seconds left.
    Tiger Power - Displays Tiger Palm when Tiger Power has less than 8 seconds remaining AND it has less than 3 stacks.
    Guard - Displays when off cooldown, AND... (see below)
    Power Guard - Displays a Desaturated Guard Icon when the number of stacks is less than 3. Shows number of stacks.
    Elusive Brew - Displays when stacks are >8 (adjust for preference)
    Black Ox Statue (not shown in screenshot) - Displays when Sanctuary of the Ox buff is missing. Now with the cooldown being changed, I added this to the list as a reminder, as we can now drop it for almost all fights. May want to move it from its current position (left of Keg Smash, but makes group as a whole off center with Chi now).

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post
    Mine look like shit compared to yours, but I've never been able to relate custom images to what they are for sadly so I have to use the WoW icons. Anyway to get nicer addons?



    Heavy and Moderate staggers are the big icons up top. Made them big enough to warn me about stagger. "Hey dumbass you're taking way to much DoT damage, clear it" type thing.
    Me gusta. I second the request to see your strings, especially your EB one. How did you manage to combine stacks, duration and CD into one?

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwald View Post
    Of course you can link to it - that's what the community is for right?
    It's polite to ask to use someone else's work in anything you create

  8. #28
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkin View Post
    Shuffle - Displays Blackout Kick when Shuffle is Missing AND shows Blackout Kick with time remaining when Shuffle has less than 8 seconds left.
    I thought BoK gave you only 6 seconds of Shuffle? Am I missing something or is there a way for Shuffle to have a duration > 6 seconds?

    I like how you did Power Guard was trying to figure that out so will defiantly be stealing some of this, probably move down Expel Harm and add in triggers to show Purifying Brew when Stagger = Moderate/Heavy. Maybe mod can help out with the links.

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    Is this some kind of knockoff to Power Auras?
    Weak Auras is something akin to the spiritual successor to power auras. More textures, finer control of each element. Easier UI/Config too. You should check it out if you find Power Auras useful.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I thought BoK gave you only 6 seconds of Shuffle? Am I missing something or is there a way for Shuffle to have a duration > 6 seconds?

    I like how you did Power Guard was trying to figure that out so will defiantly be stealing some of this, probably move down Expel Harm and add in triggers to show Purifying Brew when Stagger = Moderate/Heavy. Maybe mod can help out with the links.
    BoK does give a 6 second Shuffle buff, but you can stack it as much as you'd like.

    I also thought about moving Expel Harm out of the way to make the group a bit smaller. Also, I really like the stagger tracker posted in galook's screenshot. I will be stealing that idea instead of the HUD style that I currently have.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwald View Post
    Of course you can link to it - that's what the community is for right?

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 04:55 PM ----------



    This is a pretty good solution. I will implement tonight and add a pastebin link. I am probably going to use 50% though
    Only reason I did sub 35 pct is the ability that makes Expel Harm have no CD when below 35 pct health.

    Do whatever works for yourself though! Gotta love weak auras.

  12. #32
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkin View Post
    BoK does give a 6 second Shuffle buff, but you can stack it as much as you'd like.

    I also thought about moving Expel Harm out of the way to make the group a bit smaller. Also, I really like the stagger tracker posted in galook's screenshot. I will be stealing that idea instead of the HUD style that I currently have.
    Just realized that, the Aura makes a lot more sense now =\

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  13. #33
    Is there a way to modify the original code for stagger so that the icons show up like the original? I'm not too sold on the pulsing thing in the middle of the screen.

    Thanks.

  14. #34
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    Is there a way to modify the original code for stagger so that the icons show up like the original? I'm not too sold on the pulsing thing in the middle of the screen.
    I believe you can open up the group and right click each individual entry and convert it to an Icon Aura tracker instead of the graphic image. Should let you leave the settings alone otherwise.

    I was thinking of adding to the priority list a Purifying Brew icon that showed up at Moderate/Heavy stagger. Need to convert the previous post to the advanced group type so I can make the icons collapse left based on priority.

    Here is a string if anyone wants to come up with it for me:
    Icon = Jab, Display = Power Strikes off ICD (no need to check for Chi < 3 since extra chi is converted into orbs).

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  15. #35
    Field Marshal Misa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cologne, Germany
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    Is there a way to modify the original code for stagger so that the icons show up like the original? I'm not too sold on the pulsing thing in the middle of the screen.

    Thanks.
    there you go http://pastebin.com/q1GYuFwN


    BUT i need some help of you guys:
    i want to display the amount that is staggered, but i can't make it to show up any solutions would be appreciated![COLOR="red"]

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-27 at 04:50 PM ----------

    Pastebins updated etc on page 6 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19257317
    Last edited by Misa; 2012-11-29 at 12:39 AM. Reason: removed pastebin list here; linked to page 6

  16. #36
    thanks misa. nice and clean. will give it a try later tonight (assuming queues don't go 2hrs again)

    so others might give you idea how to get stagger going

    http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...auras_exports/
    Last edited by saranya; 2012-09-27 at 06:10 PM. Reason: add link

  17. #37
    Immortal Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    7,134
    Thank You Misa & Green
    Last edited by Arbs; 2012-09-27 at 06:42 PM.

  18. #38
    Haven't checked this in a few days because I have been so busy leveling + working 50 hours a week. So far the auras are coming in handy; however, dizzying haze is starting to bother me.

    Most bosses and a select few NPCs are immune to dizzying haze. If that is the case that stupid aura just sits on my screen wiggling back and forth, almost taunting me. I will need to figure out a new string that checks if the boss is immune (IE on event dizzying haze is "immune") it disappears. I don't even know if this is possible but it will take some investigation.

  19. #39
    The Lightbringer SurrealNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,503
    Keg Smash applies DH. I don't see the point of tracking it at all so long as KS is in your rotation (as it should be). Especially now that KS hits ALL targets in range.

    I just see the DH power as a ranged pulling tool or for kiting.

    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

  20. #40
    Field Marshal Misa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cologne, Germany
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Thank You Misa & Green
    Quote Originally Posted by saranya View Post
    thanks misa. nice and clean. will give it a try later tonight (assuming queues don't go 2hrs again)

    so others might give you idea how to get stagger going

    http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...auras_exports/
    Np I like the Stagger Aura from the reddit post allot! thanks (updated mein original string) BUT it doesn't show up the amount staggerd.
    I.e.: I stagger dmg. Icon appears with a numper near the icon that tells me how much dmg is staggerd, like if I hover over the icon in my buff/debuff section of the interface.

    is this even possible?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •