Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Placing the CPU hold-down bracket, and the wait for the POST screen on first start-up.

Agree with putting CPU in the mobo.

Especially with my first build, which was a zero insertion force but I didn't realize one of the pins on the AMD CPU was bent until I tried to lower the arm. That was a horrifying thing to see -- came out of the box bent.

Amazingly, and maybe stupidly, I took some needle nosed pliers, bent then pin back to proper position, and everything worked smoothly. But bending that pin man. I knew if I screwed it up I was toast.

Quote Originally Posted by asher1611 View Post
    Agree with putting CPU in the mobo.

Especially with my first build, which was a zero insertion force but I didn't realize one of the pins on the AMD CPU was bent until I tried to lower the arm. That was a horrifying thing to see -- came out of the box bent.

Amazingly, and maybe stupidly, I took some needle nosed pliers, bent then pin back to proper position, and everything worked smoothly. But bending that pin man. I knew if I screwed it up I was toast.
    Not necessarily, not all the pins are powered. If you got lucky you could have only broken a ground pin

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyctattoo View Post
    is all the reveiws where stuff was doa.. i keep trying to remind myself that this is just a few people out of millions but would relly suck for everything to get here and then just one important part doesnt work..
    Usually you can just send it back and they'll send you a new one immediately. So it's not a big deal.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Not necessarily, not all the pins are powered. If you got lucky you could have only broken a ground pin
    considering it was a corner pin, I imagine it was likely a grounding pin now that you mention it. lucked out either way.