Thread: Tokens Inc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    I'd rather see a karma system where the big bosses/big evets etc give a lot more karma and karma is greatly diminished for events you have already done in the last 30min-1 hour.
    Zerging the same DE's in a zone over and over get boring real quick.

I think that would work great for the big chained DE's such as the various alters in the Orr zones would be that, if you participate in multiple steps of the chain you get an increasing bonus reward, if you complete only one step, no bonus.

For course they would need to actually fix a lot of these DE's first before they implemented such a bonus system.

So that update? Yeah, my first tag on a Citadel of Flame explorable gave me 30 tokens. There was no "speed running", I hadn't done CoF-X before (yay achievements), and it's not a crossover because it's been a couple days since I ran ANY explorables. Dear ANet, please fix your stuff.

(and for the sake of my friends that stalk my feed without posting, #shitsbroke)
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait a sec, does that mean that you ONLY get the tokens at the end of the run? Do you not get tokens for killing bosses anymore?
    If so, that has to be one of the most retarded changes ever. What if someone has to leave, or you get kicked before the final boss, or if you have to leave etc etc. You don't get any tokens?

Someone that has run the dungeons clarify this for me please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Zerging the same DE's in a zone over and over get boring real quick.

I think that would work great for the big chained DE's such as the various alters in the Orr zones would be that, if you participate in multiple steps of the chain you get an increasing bonus reward, if you complete only one step, no bonus.
    Yeah, I would be happy with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    Wait a sec, does that mean that you ONLY get the tokens at the end of the run? Do you not get tokens for killing bosses anymore?
    If so, that has to be one of the most retarded changes ever. What if someone has to leave, or you get kicked before the final boss, or if you have to leave etc etc. You don't get any tokens?

Someone that has run the dungeons clarify this for me please.
    That's correct. This was to prevent people from farming the first boss because that isn't what Anet intended with explorable dungeons. If you or someone else has to leave, that's a shame (emergencies happen, I understand), but it doesn't stop your group from finding a replacement and finishing the dungeon. Explorable mode, like all dungeons, comes with a time commitment. Know what you're getting into before doing it and you won't get burned by their token-reward design.

The good news is you'll be getting more tokens for completing it?
    Last edited by nighties; 2012-09-27 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nighties View Post
    That's correct. This was to prevent people from farming the first boss because that isn't what Anet intended with explorable dungeons. If you or someone else has to leave, that's a shame (emergencies happen, I understand), but it doesn't stop your group from finding a replacement and finishing the dungeon. Explorable mode, like all dungeons, comes with a time commitment. Know what you're getting into before doing it and you won't get burned by their token-reward design.

The good news is you'll be getting more tokens for completing it?
    Sometimes.

I'd wish Anet would fix their shit before putting it on live servers. Real bummer to those that didn't get their extra tokens. Those explorable dungeons are time consuming so I hope people will get credited or something.