Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[Guardian] BiS Pre-Raid Lists

Since there are druids out there who are unsure on how to gear up this coming week, I have created several lists for people to shoot for when preparing for Mogu'shan Vaults. I've made a list for those who don't want to touch PvP and only use those items that either drop from dungeons, quests, or crafting; one that includes pvp; and one for BiS, full Valor gear set. The full Valor list is quite extensive and will take several weeks to get (considering you can only earn 1k Valor a week).

Only Dungeon gear
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dungeon Gear + PvP gear
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BiS Pre-Raid

Keep in mind that I also factored in Brewfest and Darkmoon Fair into these calcs since they will be available at the start of the raiding season.

The only reason I didn't include Delicate Necklace of the Golden Lotus into the first two lists is due to the time commitment needed to get to Exalted with the Golden Lotus in order to accept the quest that rewards the neck.

As you probably noticed Inscribed Tiger Staff is in all three lists. If you don't have an Inscriptionist to make one, Spear of Xuen, Snowdrift's Bladed Staff, or Amber Spear of Klaxxi'vess will work.

Lastly, and it is something that no one really has noticed, but Meta gems no longer require "x number of y color gems" to activate. Have fun with that.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2012-09-23 at 04:44 PM.

Deleted
    thank you :]

With this, you can tell us would be estimated as:

Armor:%
    Dodge:%
    Crit:%
    ?
    Not counting proc's of items and with full raid buffs, bear form and lvl 90 of course.

And thanks for the list.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkkaos View Post
    With this, you can tell us would be estimated as:

Armor:%
    Dodge:%
    Crit:%
    ?
    Not counting proc's of items and with full raid buffs, bear form and lvl 90 of course.

And thanks for the list.
    Sure:

Dungeon Gear:

Armor:% 64.8986% against a level 90 toon; 59.4357% against a level 93 toon
    Dodge:% 7.0232% pre-DR; 4.9414% Post-DR
    Crit:% 32.46%

Dungeon Gear + PvP gear:

Armor:% 64.7459% against a level 90 toon; 59.2741% against a level 93 toon
    Dodge:% 7.0887% pre-DR; 4.9949% Post-DR
    Crit:% 32.85%

BiS Pre-Raid:

Armor:% 66.5641% against a level 90 toon; 61.2054% against a level 93 toon
    Dodge:% 14.3452% pre-DR; 10.9233% Post-DR
    Crit:% 28.33%

Edit: Woops! forgot the belt buckle. edited that in.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2012-09-23 at 06:04 PM.

Such a ridiculous number of pre-raid rep epics this time around.

---------- Post added 2012-09-23 at 11:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    keep in mind that most of those epics require valor. You can only earn 1,000 Valor a week. They also require Revered with the different factions on Pandaria.
    Oh wow, the valor epics require rep now? That's quite a change from previously. I admit, I haven't been paying attention to MOP at all.

Wow this is awesome, thanks so much! Will you be doing a guide for raid gear and beyond as well?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    What about rep gear? have you looked into what could be supplemented into this with rep gear?

Also not to sound lazy, and I know it is coming off as lazy, but any chance you can put where these items drop (the dungeon at least)?

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    Oh wow, the valor epics require rep now? That's quite a change from previously. I admit, I haven't been paying attention to MOP at all.
    There is a set selection of gear at VP vendors but also some alternatives for the same slots at Rep quartermasters that also cost VP and might be BiS over the default ones.

Quote Originally Posted by silentkillin View Post
    What about rep gear? have you looked into what could be supplemented into this with rep gear?

Also not to sound lazy, and I know it is coming off as lazy, but any chance you can put where these items drop (the dungeon at least)?
    The entire BiS list is rep gear.

And when you scroll over any item it tells you at the bottom where it drops from.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellypaw View Post
    The entire BiS list is rep gear.

And when you scroll over any item it tells you at the bottom where it drops from.
    oh well now I feel like a fool :-)
    Last edited by silentkillin; 2012-09-23 at 07:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    In case people are wondering about Iron Protector Talisman being on all three lists is because the proc rate is absolutely phenomenal. 15% chance on hit for 3,386 dodge rating for 15 seconds with a 45 second ICD.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    so seeing as how the rep rewards are spread out all over the place, do you guys have a list of which you plan to grind first for the most benefit?

is stam really that better compared to, say, mastery? Kinda sad to see stam back as our main stat >.<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    is stam really that better compared to, say, mastery? Kinda sad to see stam back as our main stat >.<
    A few reasons. The main is due to the fact that we lost our Savage Defense bubble; which provided a huge amount of mitigation. That mitigation was being calculated into our effective health. Because of the lost of that bubble, we are back to stacking stam and Mastery/armor to our Effective health of the content. At least for T14 Normal we need around 500k health and ~65% on the character sheet; ~60% against a level 93 target; to reach that EH point. The QUICKEST stat to reach that point is Stamina. However, once we reach that point, we can move some of those stam points into Mastery and dodge. Mastery is our best long-term stat to stay at the effective health point while stamina is our best short-term.

---------- Post added 2012-09-23 at 06:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by silentkillin View Post
    oh well now I feel like a fool :-)
    I know the quickest rep to get to revered will be the Shado-Pan rep. Just doing the leveling quests in Kun-Lai and Steppes will get you to at least Honored, possibly Revered.

The August Celestials with the Golden Lotus not far behind will take the longest due to the fact that most of the rep requires you to be level 90 and there is little to no leveling quests that rewards rep with either of these two. The Golden Lotus I do believe has 3-4 level 87 quests you can do while leveling but nothing else until 90.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2012-09-23 at 10:27 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    so is it stam/master > crit > haste? at what point do we want to get hit exp capped? right off the start so its stam/mastery > hit/exp > crit> haste?

15+ Year Old Account
    With the hit/exp > crit bit. It really depends on whether you want more Rage generation or not. the lists I posted are for pure mitigation only. In Rawr I have a setting so that you can increase your Threat value. By increasing this number you also increase to 100% you also increase your chance to generate more rage which in turn will increase the value of hit/exp, crit and haste.

You know I probably should add a tooltip for that option just in case people are confused by it. I should have that posted tonight.

Edit:

Also Kavan has told me he plans on posting version 5.0.0 or Rawr tomorrow night before midnight.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, i ahve been progression raiding for a long time. (since BC on my hunter) but mostly it has all been on my holy pally. I never used RAWR for it as it was pretty simple really for holy pallies. Where it was you wanted a lot of crit for mana regen it turned into haste. Stack it all and win.

But now my group has need of a tank and I am going guardian (i finsihed this tier out with him and had a blast). Is RAWR really that big of a help in setting up your character? If so, could you point me in the way of a good FAQ for it?

Still think i'll gem/reforge mastery and not dodge, it's a more steady stat and not as RNG as dodge, althoguh i can understand dodge scales exponantially since savage defense is a static number.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Still think i'll gem/reforge mastery and not dodge, it's a more steady stat and not as RNG as dodge, althoguh i can understand dodge scales exponantially since savage defense is a static number.
    that brings up a good question.

is the DR for armor greater or less then the DR for Dodge vs a boss? i think that would really make the decision of which you should gem.

Armor has DR, but the benefits are linear. As an exemple, going from 50% DR to 51% is worse than going from 98% to 99%, the second scenario doubles your survival while the previous one increases it only slightly.

I believe avoidance might be linear as well.. cant say for sure however, but with savage defense, the strenght of dodge increases dramatically the more you get.