Deleted

GoSac: Any choice on the special ability you gain?

Hey

With the GoSac, you gain one of your sacrificed pets abilities, Is there any choice on which one it is? It seems to change randomly for me, e.g. I've had both Seduction and Whiplash from the Succubus, both Singe magic & Cauterize from the Imp etc etc.

So.. any way to control which one you get?

Apologies if that has come up already but I couldnt find anything in the quick search I did.

10+ Year Old Account
    You always get the same abilities, but the ability you get while the pet is up is different than the one you get when you sacrifice it.
    You'll have cauterize from the imp as long as the imp itself is up, as soon as you sacrifice the imp, you get singe magic.

Cauterize is while imp is active. Sac it and you get Singe.

Same with succy you get seduction after sac.

AS for the better one to use in PvE is the voidwalker because you get a 2 min cd 20 sec last stand for 30% hp. The imp is the only other one I can see viable if you for some reason need more dispells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Command Demon abilities (while the pet lives):
    Imp: Cauterize Master
    Voidwalker: Disarm
    Succubus: Whiplash
    Felhunter: Spell Lock
    Felguard: Felstorm

GoSac replacements (pet dead):
    Succubus: Seduction
    Voidwalker: Shadow Bulwark
    Imp: Singe Magic
    Felguard: Pursuit

They are not random.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you must have made a mistake in what you saw, or better WHEN you saw it. The command demon button that shows the abilities, both when you are GoSup and GoSac, does indeed show these abilities, but only 1 of them during GoSac. Even if Blizz changed it you would still consistently get 1 button, not a random selection. You'd be stuck summoning a new demon till you got the button you wanted. That would be silly. So I suggest you go and make sure you are Grimoire of Sacrifice talented, and then try to reproduce the occurence of 2 different buttons. I don't think you'll be able to, unless they made a sudden, unexpected, design change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    You'd be stuck summoning a new demon till you got the button you wanted. That would be silly.
    That's exactly what I thought. Anyway it turns out it was because the demon was alive at the time, I only noticed this on the final platforms of Fall of Deathwing, and afterwards realised theres a bug where your pet is resummoned when you jump from platform to platform I probably got a bit confused :P

Thanks for the clarification though.

It would be great if there were someway we could choose ... like after we Sac, we can click any one of the pet abilities from its bar before the bar disappears (and if we don't, it defaults to the usual one) and that's what our Command Demon turns into.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Hmm... what the hell is the point of having Seduction?! Why can't I have the knockback... or invisibility!

Quote Originally Posted by Elmi View Post
    Command Demon abilities (while the pet lives):
    Imp: Cauterize Master
    Voidwalker: Disarm
    Succubus: Whiplash
    Felguard: Felstorm

GoSac replacements (pet dead):
    Succubus: Seduction
    Voidwalker: Shadow Bulwark
    Imp: Singe Magic
    Felguard: Pursuit

They are not random.
    How does pursuit work? Do you yourself charge and do damage and gain the sprint effect, or does it just give you a sprint?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    How does pursuit work? Do you yourself charge and do damage and gain the sprint effect, or does it just give you a sprint?
    works exactly like the normal one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    works exactly like the normal one
    Exactly. 5-25yd range, 15s CD, 30% sprint for 6s and 150% weapon damage. If you have a wand equiped, it deals only 1 damage though, probably because they don't deal physical damage. Also: the sprint doesn't stack with Burning Rush, boots enchant or anything else, it's just an increase to 130% not by 30% in contrast to what the tooltip says.

No choice, as for PvE the voidwalker bubble is great to have after using Dark Bargain because you will make your healers less stressed if you got took a ton of damage and have a massive DB DoT on you. Simply pop Shadow Bulwark 1 sec before DB's bubble ends and the dot starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeezus View Post
    Hmm... what the hell is the point of having Seduction?! Why can't I have the knockback... or invisibility!
    I was wondering the same thing. Worthless if you ask me. (I have no clue why they picked that talent for the Succy GoSac...)

I will burn your soul.