Home security Camera's ?

Ok so here is the deal I live with a roommate who always has random friends at the house when neither of us are home and it appears one of them broke into my bedroom and stole a few things.

Long story short I want a single Camera for video surveillance, preferably one with a built in motion detector that connects directly to my computer.

I could of course just set my webcam to record everything but I doubt recording 8 hours worth of video every night while not at home would put some serious wear&tare on my hard drives.

Hell even a Motion detection camera that recorded directly onto a flash drive would be sufficient.
    Doesnt need to be a color picture nor does it need to be high res or crystal clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    look at baby monitors, so much cheaper than true security cams, but do the same thing

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...382&CatId=7009

something like that I guess. Anything too crazy and you're running in the several hundred to thousand dollar range.

Deleted
    I don't know of anything about cameras to help you out, but you could always try and find like a good lock for your door or just a specific strong door or something, but if you have a strong lock that should do it. I doubt anyone would try and go in your if there's a lock, don't you think? It would be probably much cheaper and less time effort than the camera. :P

Or just speak with your roommate to stop bringing strangers home.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I don't know of anything about cameras to help you out, but you could always try and find like a good lock for your door or just a specific strong door or something, but if you have a strong lock that should do it. I doubt anyone would try and go in your if there's a lock, don't you think? It would be probably much cheaper and less time effort than the camera. :P

Or just speak with your roommate to stop bringing strangers home.
    The goal isn't to just put an end to the problem but more so to find out who is doing it and my roommate is a potential suspect especially since up until this point it's only been small items that have been stolen money a few dvds and a carton of Cigarettes that were sitting right above a computer that I just spent over $2000 to build and a prepaid phone with over $50 worth of talk time.