A Returning Player

Bought the game in December, played for a month, but didn't renew my subscription. Figured, what the hell, I payed $60 for the game at launch, I might as well go back and see if anything is new. Played a Sith Warrior before, now playing a Jedi Warrior. Of course mirrored gameplay, but one thing I noticed was that the server I got moved to is much more bustling than when I first joined last year. Bonus points for that.

My biggest complaint? Why in the blue-hell can I not simply skip cut-scenes in the Flashpoints? This whole space-bar mashing crap is a chore. Literally. It would seem to me that the developers should introduce an "already seen that" thing that would allow groups to simply skip the damn cut-scene.

Regardless, enjoying the game until I get bored. Not going to Panda-land anytime soon and have made some decent friends this time around.

While I enjoyed the flashpoints (as well as the cutscenes) I agree that after a few runs through the same flashpoint it can get rather boring and spacebaring through the conversations isn't an ideal solution. Hopefully they will at some point introduce an option to remove cut scenes if you already know them. Would fit in well with other QoL improvements we have seen since release.

Welcome back! I agree that the convos/cutscenes can get old after a few times, but I don't see anything wrong with spacebarring through it. I also have no argument against the suggestion you have though for the already seen it button, but that would be pretty hard to do since they are adding new convos and cutscenes somewhat regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by mainstreetcm View Post
    Bought the game in December, played for a month, but didn't renew my subscription. Figured, what the hell, I payed $60 for the game at launch, I might as well go back and see if anything is new. Played a Sith Warrior before, now playing a Jedi Warrior. Of course mirrored gameplay, but one thing I noticed was that the server I got moved to is much more bustling than when I first joined last year. Bonus points for that.

My biggest complaint? Why in the blue-hell can I not simply skip cut-scenes in the Flashpoints? This whole space-bar mashing crap is a chore. Literally. It would seem to me that the developers should introduce an "already seen that" thing that would allow groups to simply skip the damn cut-scene.

Regardless, enjoying the game until I get bored. Not going to Panda-land anytime soon and have made some decent friends this time around.
    Just use it as a necessity to gain light/ dark points... I do agree that spacebar through it is kinda annoying but... well there could be bigger problems.

If you just came back, how do you think about the group finder?

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Welcome back! I agree that the convos/cutscenes can get old after a few times, but I don't see anything wrong with spacebarring through it. I also have no argument against the suggestion you have though for the already seen it button, but that would be pretty hard to do since they are adding new convos and cutscenes somewhat regularly.
    As much as I loved the cut scenes they are a menace to moving quickly through flashpoints. I personally think BW should implement an option something like,

"Our records indicate that you have previously completed this flashpoint/operation do you wish to skip all voice over scenes?"

That should be the pop up message at the entrance once we have completed any content.

That wouldn't sort the problem for random groups however because even though you don't have to press anything, you'll have to wait... and wait.. I rather prefer to press something instead than waiting for minutes. The lenght of the flashpoints is actually fast, without the cutscenes you would be through BT in under 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    As much as I loved the cut scenes they are a menace to moving quickly through flashpoints. I personally think BW should implement an option something like,

"Our records indicate that you have previously completed this flashpoint/operation do you wish to skip all voice over scenes?"

That should be the pop up message at the entrance once we have completed any content.
    That could be a good idea, though I am not sure how technically feasible it is. Seems like it would be pretty complex to code, but maybe they will get to something like that soon.