Deleted

New to rift and loving it.

Bought the game originally when it first came out, but for some reason which I can't even remember I quit before getting to sanctum.
    Came back two days ago, and absolutely loving the game, feels a bit empty out in the wilds but then I guess it's because I'm currently without guild.
    Mythicalfury. Blightweild eu.
    Can't play the game again though till 2nd October, away filming but just wanted to say Heya and if anyone's on same server feel free to say hey
    Think this is the first mmo that I've loved every aspect of, but clueless what instant adventures are but I'm sure ill figure it out eventually.
    Noob question time though, I know the game has a fishing profession, found it via the quest, but says the fish is crafting material, yet so far haven't found a cooking trainer? Is it level specific, 15 at the moment and think I've looked everywhere.

Cheers all and hope to chat to some in game sometime

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Bought the game originally when it first came out, but for some reason which I can't even remember I quit before getting to sanctum.
    Came back two days ago, and absolutely loving the game, feels a bit empty out in the wilds but then I guess it's because I'm currently without guild.
    Mythicalfury. Blightweild eu.
    Can't play the game again though till 2nd October, away filming but just wanted to say Heya and if anyone's on same server feel free to say hey
    Think this is the first mmo that I've loved every aspect of, but clueless what instant adventures are but I'm sure ill figure it out eventually.
    Noob question time though, I know the game has a fishing profession, found it via the quest, but says the fish is crafting material, yet so far haven't found a cooking trainer? Is it level specific, 15 at the moment and think I've looked everywhere.

Cheers all and hope to chat to some in game sometime
    Welcome back to Telara, U can feel free to PM me in game, we're on the same realm (blightweald) - Desertian Mage
    Instant adventures are where you'll find most people at, just click (.) and que - you get to do random quest items, close rifts and kill mini bosses for rep, loot, cash, and ofc, bucketloads of XP. its an alternate method to levelling via traditional quests.

to answer your question, if I recall correctly (the same quest giver for fishing also sells the items u need for crafting). the cooking trainer should be in the main city (meridien or sanctum) in the relevant crafting areas.

Enjoy!
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Hey Mythicalfury, welcome to MMO-champ and Rift, glad to hear you're loving Rift.

Instant Adventures - it's like zerg questing. Random players are joined up and given tasks like 'Kill 50 yeti'. On your map you'll see the locations for the quest targets. It's nonstop action, no quest-hubbing, and a good source for mats and money. If you get tired of old-fashioned quests, just queue up for IA.

Cooking - There is no cooking, per se. Instead, all fish (and meat farmed from mobs) is rolled into the Survival tradeskill, which you can purchase alongside most fishing trainers.

Survival and Fishing are both secondary professions, so they don't count toward your 3 tradeskills limit (much like fishing, first aid, archeology, etc were in World of Warcraft).

I'm over in the US and playing guildless as well, though it doesn't bother me. If you'd like to find some decent folks, keep playing (October 2nd+) and definitely queue up for IAs. They're a great means of meeting people. Otherwise, just keep checking these forums, as there're always guilds looking for interested players.

Deleted
    Thank you, both of you, appreciated, can't wait to start playing again on the 2nd, so glad I logged out in sanctums for rest bonus lol.
    Will train survival when I get back, knew I overlooked something, so thank you for answering that.
    I remember seeing survival originally but thought it was pvp for some reason, ah well we all have noob moments.
    Thanks again, appreciated.

Remember a lot of the features of the game do work cross shard so don't worry too much about that. Also Blightweald I believe is the second most populated EU server so you shouldn't find it too empty at the moment and there are a few guilds there, I'm sure when SL is released and on the run up many returning and new players will be looking for servers to populate too.

Welcome back. One thing you might be able to try if questing gets to dry is what I am doing now on my mage alt. I never realized it, but instant adventures is a very efficient way to level and gear up if you know what you are doing. The rewards are corrupted or vile sourcestones. There are also uncommon equipment caches.

These rewards are used in the different zones. So in Stonefield in that town that has the porticulum there is a guy called a rare planar goods vendor. He has gear and also if you are short on planarite you can exchange corrupted sourcestones for planarite. 1 corrupted = 200 planarite.

I did not even realize it, but going from lvl 14-30 in Instant Adventures I had close to 27 corrupted sourcestones. I was able to get a pretty nice set of purple gear on par with dungeon gear and also a full source machine of purple and blue essenses.

The daily instant adventure rewards these Sourcestones also. So at lvl 30 you get 3 vile sourcestones. These are used at the main outpost in Scarwood Reach. I am lvl 30 and outside of rings I am sporting almost complete purple and blue set of armor using this method of gearing up.

This is just a general idea of how you can gear up while leveling and get to 50 relatively quick.

Deleted
    Might try some instants when I get back then cheers.
    Till then I'm making use of the mobile ap scratch cards since I can't play till oct 2nd lol
    Thanks all for the advise, appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Welcome back. One thing you might be able to try if questing gets to dry is what I am doing now on my mage alt. I never realized it, but instant adventures is a very efficient way to level and gear up if you know what you are doing. The rewards are corrupted or vile sourcestones. There are also uncommon equipment caches.

These rewards are used in the different zones. So in Stonefield in that town that has the porticulum there is a guy called a rare planar goods vendor. He has gear and also if you are short on planarite you can exchange corrupted sourcestones for planarite. 1 corrupted = 200 planarite.

I did not even realize it, but going from lvl 14-30 in Instant Adventures I had close to 27 corrupted sourcestones. I was able to get a pretty nice set of purple gear on par with dungeon gear and also a full source machine of purple and blue essenses.

The daily instant adventure rewards these Sourcestones also. So at lvl 30 you get 3 vile sourcestones. These are used at the main outpost in Scarwood Reach. I am lvl 30 and outside of rings I am sporting almost complete purple and blue set of armor using this method of gearing up.

This is just a general idea of how you can gear up while leveling and get to 50 relatively quick.
    I addition to this, once you are 40 you start getting Inscribed Sourcestone. Starting at level 44(I think) there is a set that starts to become available called the Transplanar set. It is purchased in parts from 3 different vendors. One in Iron Pine Peak, one in Shimmersand and one in Stillmoor. This set, even though some pieces are blue(the rest are purple) is an excellent set to jump start your way into Experts and possibly Raids. My RL friend got this set upon hitting 50 and we cafted him a couple rings and a neck, runed up his gear and had him T1 raid ready as soon as he hit 50. The Inscribed Sourcestone(ISS) you start getting at 40+ are also useful at 50 for all sorts of end-game gear. As far as I know, besides hitting zone events in IPP, SS and Stillmoor, IA is the fastest way to get these in between zone events, though at 50 you can also get some from CQ if you are doing that as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I addition to this, once you are 40 you start getting Inscribed Sourcestone. Starting at level 44(I think) there is a set that starts to become available called the Transplanar set. It is purchased in parts from 3 different vendors. One in Iron Pine Peak, one in Shimmersand and one in Stillmoor. This set, even though some pieces are blue(the rest are purple) is an excellent set to jump start your way into Experts and possibly Raids. My RL friend got this set upon hitting 50 and we cafted him a couple rings and a neck, runed up his gear and had him T1 raid ready as soon as he hit 50. The Inscribed Sourcestone(ISS) you start getting at 40+ are also useful at 50 for all sorts of end-game gear. As far as I know, besides hitting zone events in IPP, SS and Stillmoor, IA is the fastest way to get these in between zone events, though at 50 you can also get some from CQ if you are doing that as well.

Thank you so much for the advice, appreciated.