Poll: Would you play Russian Roulette?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, YOLO.

Just joking. But I'd do it once.

That's not even close to worth it, IMO. Perhaps it would be for someone that's very, very poor and has no realistic chance of getting out of poverty. I'll pass.

Deleted
    My life is worth more than a 5 in 6 chance at 1.5 million.
    so no.

Actually the odds are 50:50. Either you live or you die...But then again I have always been bad at understanding odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    Actually the odds are 50:50..
    Not quite right. If the gun is a revolver loaded with 1 shot only and is spun the chance that the heavy side falls down is higher than the chance that it falls up. Not a game I would be willing to face but it is the most probable.

For the poll, I chose no even though I have a higher chance of winning than loosing.

Deleted
    If it get's re - spin after the 1st shot and i live i would deffinitly do it a 2nd time , but not a 3rd .

Every time i hear about russian roulette i remember Darwin Award guys who played it with a semi-automatic

Deleted
    To all the people saying "I'd do it once". Imagine there is a long line you need to wait in to get to the gun. Everyone in the line is going to just pull the trigger once. While waiting in the line, you witness on average every 6th person blow their brains out. Would you still pull the trigger when it was your turn? What if, when it was your turn, the previous 8 people before you had walked away with the money?

Deleted
    No, I value my life and enjoy living. I wouldn't risk that just for money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Pull it once and walk away, but this is where greedy people get messed up.
    I would too, if i could walk away so to say

A close family friend's son died in Iraq playing this 'game'. I wouldn't do it for a billion.

I'd like to think I'd pull the trigger, but when it comes down to it... no, not in my current state anyway.

Thems good odds, but I think I'd either deny or, once they gave me the gun, point it at them and spam the trigger until I shot them, and run off with the money!

Probably the first, do it the boring way....
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I can positively guarantee the "yes" count would drop to nothing after they watched the first person blow their brains out.

I have done it in real life. I am posting from beyond the grave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Beer View Post
    I have done it in real life. I am posting from beyond the grave.
    Did you win anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I have awful luck.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quoting my original post:

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Depends on the revolver. If it's a well maintained modern (ie. made in the last 25~ years) revolver then yes - After the spin the bullet will almost never be in the right position to be fired and your chances of getting shot are very very very VERY small. If it's an older revolver or not well maintained ... no.
    and then ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    1/6 isn't that small if you ask me. That's a pretty big chance of dying.

I value my life more than some prize money. I wouldn't pull the trigger, not even once.
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No 16.66% chance of getting shot is too dangerous.
    It's really not 1/6, it's significantly less than that as long as you're using a modern revolver, or at least one that's well maintained. Gravity works, yo. We actually got the see a demonstration of this once at Uni, but with watermelons instead of people. Out of 60 watermelons 0 got shot. If you're using an ancient or poorly maintained revolver then it's still not 1/6 but it's much closer.

Deleted
    meh, why not, life is essentially pointless and there is nothing else, may as well have a shot at some money to spend doing whatever you want. If you get shot....well, you're not going to care anymore are you!