Thread: Glory

Glory

Does it make sense to save glory for when you hit a higher rank i.e. r10? The gear from rabbit chests looks kinda bad anyway.

Deleted
    I'm only rank 15 and from my experience the chests drop a limited amount of things for each rank, I mean, 1-10 you get the same items over and over again, 10-15 same items over and over again.
    So, imo saving glory for deer chests not worth it, saving for high rank I don't have a clue.

I really dislike the light armor sets for Rabbit and Deer tokens, so I'm saving my glory for when I hit rank 20 and can make the Dry Bones set.

edit: to actually answer your question, you do need a certain amount of glory saved up so you can get enough rank tokens to craft the set you want (because you have to buy chests for that rank to get the appropriate tokens), but all the other forge components can be obtained at any rank.

Here's a handy wiki page in case you're interested in finding out which sets are obtained with which tokens.
    Last edited by Notos; 2012-09-23 at 07:21 PM.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

The gear you get from those chests you can either salvage for PvP mats and/or use in the Mystic Forge located in the mists to creates better skins.

However, I would still save.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Here's a handy wiki page in case you're interested in finding out which sets are obtained with which tokens.
    Forgot a link?

I didn't know you actually had to craft pvp gear, How would you craft the cultural pvp gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I didn't know you actually had to craft pvp gear, How would you craft the cultural pvp gear?
    my guess via paid tourny tokens
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    If you don't like the gear from the lower ranks then I think it's definitely worth saving it for the set you want; although you can get the crafting bits from any level so assuming you get what you want from the highest chest, you may want to go back down to a lower one to get any other crafting bits you need. A lot of people don't realise that you're looking to create new sets so just check which set you want to create first.... personally I'm opening cheap low rank chests for the crafting mats right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Once I got all the gear I started saving, hit rank 10 last week, got all the gear I wanted and still have 15k+ glory left over that won't be getting spent anytime till rank 20. I'm glad it's mosty everything PvP related is split and shared through all my toons, would dislike but not really mind having to grind ranks all over again, but thank anet I don't have to!

10+ Year Old Account
    You will get plenty of Glory in each rank, so saving Glory really isn't an issue unless you just want to unload a lot as soon as you get the rank.

But you DO want to constantly buy chests for Gear to Salavage (you'll need those mats to craft things when the RNG hates you) and most importantly for the Glory Boosting consumable. I can't really tell which has a higher percentage overall to get better equipment, Copper-Quantity or Gold-Quality. Its 5 Copper Chests vs. 1 Gold Chest, and I've not gotten anything exclusively in a Gold Chest nor have I specifically gottten more equipment from a Gold Chest.

I buy copper chests and bank all the unique gear, so when I come to play alts they'll start off with some 'better' looking gear. I then salvage all the duplicates.
    RETH