Seems like there is almost an entire hidden side of Azeroth we've not yet seen. Some questlines are completely dated, particularly the starting zones, and others still being "destroyed" like Darkshore, Westfall, and Badlands. It might just be me, but it was 6 years before we saw our first real update, and another 6 years have passed. Perhaps this expac would be another look forward as Azeroth has had time to heal from Deathwing. Some examples might include:
- The Defias have made their return to the Eastern Kingdoms as part of this South Seas expansion, knocking out the Orc armies and reclaiming territories for themselves.
- Edwin Van Cleef's bastard Brother Zorren has returned to find his neice and avenge his brother
- Southshore is being reclaimed by the Alliance, and returned to its former glory as Stromgarde castle is now built anew and is no longer in ruins.
- Gilneas has been reclaimed by its rightful inhabitants and is now usable as a home city
- Orgrimmar has almost doubled in size as it moves into territories to the north
- Taurajo is rebuilt as the Tauren bury their dead and attempt to regain control of the territory
- World Shamans have come together to heal areas of Azeroth much the same way they healed Shenzin-Su in Pandaria
- Remove the tornadoes from zones
- Fix Booty Bay
- and so on...
** Please Note: For all of the Pedantics who assume I want Blizz to do it EXACTLY as I have written here... I DON'T. These are merely musings, whimsical ideas of healing Azeroth and updating Starting Zones for new "pertinent" content. Please feel free to express your ideas and opinions, but please be able to distinguish the difference between casual thread conversation and insisting Blizz does it my way. These are just some random thoughts on how to update Azeroth and bring new content to once again stale zones. Would also love to see Silithus and Deadwind Pass get some love.