Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    When to expect 6.2?

    Days passing by, and stil nothing heared about 6.2. No announcements, no hints, nothing.
    They've said they want to keep tiers for 6-7 months. Okay, but how do they count? Do they dare to say BRF was a tier and start counting 7 months from Feb,3? Meaning nothing will happen until mid-summer? Or is there bit more honesty to count from Hightmaul? Anyway, I'd like to hear preidctions, when to expect if not PTR, but at least lore info about the plot, announcements, info about next raid\bosses, dungeon journals etc? Beginning of April? End of April? May? June?

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire Soliden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    478
    I'm still holding firm with a June release. I think that within the next few weeks we'll start to see something pop up on the PTRs in regards to 6.2. Mid-April is my guess for the PTR.

  3. #3
    Probably sometime june or july just to combat the ffxiv expansion release which is on june 23rd. For that to happen though ptr needs to be up on april and after reading the latest "This month in WoW" blog 6.2 ptr on April just ain't happening and May will be the earliest you'll see it.

  4. #4
    The first thing you'll hear about 6.2 could be as early as tomorrow. 6.2 April Fools' patch notes seem like an obvious a gag.

    After that, maybe another two weeks for the real thing to start appearing.

  5. #5
    wrong post, @10chars sry

  6. #6
    If they stick to the plan of 6 months long raid tiers 6.2 should hit in June, which means the PTR should be up this month.

  7. #7
    Everytime I visit MMO-champion I'm literally crossing my fingers hoping for SOME kind of information on 6.2.
    This is getting fucking ridicolous at this point. They're picking up where they left from with 5.4 it seems. More content drought.

  8. #8
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Razhork View Post
    Everytime I visit MMO-champion I'm literally crossing my fingers hoping for SOME kind of information on 6.2.
    This is getting fucking ridicolous at this point. They're picking up where they left from with 5.4 it seems. More content drought.
    Yeah let's accuse them for everything. It's not ridiculous and it's not even comparable to 5.4. The problem is the 6.0-6.1 content drought, not that they haven't mentioned anything about 6.2. It's kinda early seeing as 6.1 (and the non-content it brought) hit like what? 1-1.5 month ago.

  9. #9
    This is exactly like 5.4, I mean it's not like we got a new raid 2 months ago.

    Joking aside, I do hope 6.2 is a much more substantial update than 6.1, and that it comes out sooner rather than later. 6.1 brought some nice quality of life changes and some steps in the right direction in terms of getting people back into the world and adding more longevity to garrisons, but that's about all it did. It was definitely a filler patch, and while most expansions so far have had at least one filler patch, 6.1 came at a time when a lot of players were already frustrated.

  10. #10
    You can now post screenshots to Facebook.

  11. #11
    At least 25 days away from the next fiscal quarter end date.

    They can spend this time working on it while hyping it - hoping to lure some people back to minimize sub losses...again
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Yeah let's accuse them for everything. It's not ridiculous and it's not even comparable to 5.4. The problem is the 6.0-6.1 content drought, not that they haven't mentioned anything about 6.2. It's kinda early seeing as 6.1 (and the non-content it brought) hit like what? 1-1.5 month ago.
    And what the actual fuck did we get for 6.1 that constitutes it as a proper patch? Twitter & Selfies? Harrison quest. Right, some of you guys have no standard and that's why we're left in situations like this. Blizzard gets free pass to do whatever they want and retain millions of players.

  13. #13
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Razhork View Post
    And what the actual fuck did we get for 6.1 that constitutes it as a proper patch? Twitter & Selfies? Harrison quest. Right, some of you guys have no standard and that's why we're left in situations like this. Blizzard gets free pass to do whatever they want and retain millions of players.
    Just look at your post and then mine and try to understand.

    You're accusing them of not having said anything about 6.2, just 1.5 months after 6.1 and 2 months after BRF launch. It's not that weird. What is weird is how shit 6.1 was and the general content drought we currently have. In short, you are throwing misdirected accusations. It's normal that they have said anything about 6.2 yet seeing as we're easily 2.5-3 months away from the possible launch. Just ride them on the non-content of 6.1 and you have my vote.

  14. #14

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Razhork View Post
    And what the actual fuck did we get for 6.1 that constitutes it as a proper patch? Twitter & Selfies? Harrison quest. Right, some of you guys have no standard and that's why we're left in situations like this. Blizzard gets free pass to do whatever they want and retain millions of players.
    What did we get in 2.2 that constituted an actual patch? The most useless voice chat feature ever? How about 4.1? Shitty, overtuned versions of ZG/ZA? 5.1? Any number of vanilla patches?

    There have always been filler patches. 6.1 is no exception, although it came out at a bad time and like I said earlier I can see why people are frustrated.

  16. #16
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    238
    5.1 vastly surpasses 6.1 for the Shieldwall/Brawler's Guild (iirc) content. Don't be silly. Don't remember which patch 2.2 was as I didn't pay that much attention to numbers back then and can't comment on 4.1 as I was unsubbed for the whole of Cata, but get your facts straight,

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassium View Post
    What did we get in 2.2 that constituted an actual patch? The most useless voice chat feature ever? How about 4.1? Shitty, overtuned versions of ZG/ZA? 5.1? Any number of vanilla patches?

    There have always been filler patches. 6.1 is no exception, although it came out at a bad time and like I said earlier I can see why people are frustrated.
    The old patches weren't content patches. They were there to fix the game. They didn't do hotfixes like they do now.

    Shitty, overtuned ZA and ZG is still content for people to do, and I disagree that they were overtuned. Just like I disagree when people say that the ICC five man heroics were overtuned.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    what? you can knock people off ground mounts with auto attack.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    5.1 vastly surpasses 6.1 for the Shieldwall/Brawler's Guild (iirc) content. Don't be silly. Don't remember which patch 2.2 was as I didn't pay that much attention to numbers back then and can't comment on 4.1 as I was unsubbed for the whole of Cata, but get your facts straight,
    1 new rep and the brawlers guild (which I liked, but it had a LOT of problems). A retuned and less stupid version of the BG is already in the game. Sure it added more than 6.1, but it's definitely a filler patch in the grand scheme of things.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    5.1 vastly surpasses 6.1 for the Shieldwall/Brawler's Guild (iirc) content. Don't be silly. Don't remember which patch 2.2 was as I didn't pay that much attention to numbers back then and can't comment on 4.1 as I was unsubbed for the whole of Cata, but get your facts straight,
    Thought brawler's guild was in from the start, but that the patch changed the order in which the mobs came in the ranks(also made it easier to get the pass). Although, I'm probably wrong, so don't take my word for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    what? you can knock people off ground mounts with auto attack.

  20. #20
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassium View Post
    1 new rep and the brawlers guild (which I liked, but it had a LOT of problems). A retuned and less stupid version of the BG is already in the game. Sure it added more than 6.1, but it's definitely a filler patch in the grand scheme of things.
    It's probably the best daily/rep system the game has seen though. Yeah it's a filler patch in the grand scheme of things, but 6.1 is a level below the rest of the filler patches (felt more like a correcting patch than anything else), and that's coming from a guy that still plays and enjoys the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •