10+ Year Old Account

The Site & Forums Are Taking Forever To Load?

Hey I just wanted to ask if this is an issue everyone is having atm. It's been like this the past 2-3 days making browsing the forums a real chore. The page seems to just load continuously. I am using Firefox browser mainly and I have cleared the cache but it's the same issue in Chrome and Internet Explorer.
    I'm also not sure its my ISP having issues either since every other website is loading correct, fast and as usual but who knows
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you see it waiting for anything in particular when it loads? Check the bottom status bar to see if it says "Waiting for.. " and some URL.

Also, are you using any firefox extensions (adblock, noscript, etc), and do you have the latest versions of the browsers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Do you see it waiting for anything in particular when it loads? Check the bottom status bar to see if it says "Waiting for.. " and some URL.

Also, are you using any firefox extensions (adblock, noscript, etc), and do you have the latest versions of the browsers?
    Browsers are up to date, running Adblock Plus in Firefox and Chrome, Internet Explorer has no plug-ins. Tried disabling ABP in Firefox but its behaving the same.

As far as what I see, seems to be hanging on "Transferring data from www.mmo-champion.com..."
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

10+ Year Old Account
    Happening to me too this evening. Often mine will get stuck at "Sending request to MMO-C...". And then either "IE cannot find the page" or "Oops! Chrome cannot find the page". A couple of refreshes usually do the trick, but it's been consistently slow.

Mine doesn't go so far as Oops! cant load, but the front page does seem to take a little longer than usual.. i think its just one of the ads for me or higher traffic

15+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind also guys that the next 48 hours are going to be pretty busy around these parts

10+ Year Old Account
    its been pretty bad for me for a while now actually

its always loading, it crashes my chrome some times

10+ Year Old Account
    Most that load slow on my cellphone seems to be the audio ones. And that makes up a big bulk of the ads.

http://db.tt/C3OnFUJj
    Sometimes it just hangs like that or just fails and continues to keep loading. Also I can't copy link cause there are none.... most of it just seems to be the audio ones as said. Not really helpful in the end, as it's not that specific.

The no audio one loads almost instantly.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2012-09-26 at 08:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This site runs very slowly. This is the only website where i will actually have a very slow computer, crash my chrome, and everything else will run slowly if this site is up

Why is this and how can i fix it

also this has been the case for a few months

Deleted
    Same here. It only happens on the main mmo champ site and also the forums. I'm willing to bet it's a very specific flash square ad that is causing it.

EDIT: Okay, it's not the ad as this thread is not sluggish and that ad is on display. It is something else.