10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria 10-Day Trial

So... I heard from a guildie that you could do a 10-day trial of the new expansion once it hits, for example, MoP that is coming in a few hours.

He said that you could do a 10-day trial of the new expansion, so you can start playing directly while waiting for your Collector's Edition for example.

I just wanna know if this works, is this true or false?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's been no official word about the trial yet. Usually the expansion trials come a couple of months later, so I don't expect this to be any different.

They haven't said anything about a trial, and I doubt they'll drop a trial at launch because it will add even more population to already congested zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    They haven't said anything about a trial, and I doubt they'll drop a trial at launch because it will add even more population to already congested zones.
    They haven't said anything? Do they really need to say something? Check Battle.net when it launches...but
    It will probably be available in less than 2 weeks. Obviously they won't make an announcement, otherwise everyone would wait... like me.
    The button is already there, but grayed out on battle.net, and the last expansion saw it enabled LESS THAN TWO WEEKS afterward.

Honestly though, if your account is inactive and you aren't planning on playing WoW much again, I would suggest being patient.
    That way you don't deal with the massive lag monsters and get FREE time. No-brainer.
    Last edited by arcticpanda; 2012-09-25 at 04:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticpanda View Post
    the last expansion saw it enabled LESS THAN TWO WEEKS afterward.
    No it didn't. I didn't get Cataclysm until around a month after it came out, and the trial still wasn't available then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    No it didn't. I didn't get Cataclysm until around a month after it came out, and the trial still wasn't available then.
    Dude, there's a button for the trial right on the account page. You guys like to give answers for things you don't know much about somewhat often.

Deleted
    Cataclysm's trial came about a week or 2 after the expansion, so maybe not gonna have to wait months for it...

---------- Post added 2012-09-27 at 06:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Cataclysm was released December 7th or 8th if I remember correctly and I activated the trial December 22nd ... so that's 2 weeks after expansion release. So Blizz did put the trial in the first 2 weeks but ofc I have no idea when exactly as I didn't check during that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunami View Post
    Dude, there's a button for the trial right on the account page. You guys like to give answers for things you don't know much about somewhat often.
    Or maybe it's just because you bumped a post from before MoP released...obviously the trial wasn't available yet when I posted that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Answered my own question.

I see the area people are referring to.

Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2012-10-11 at 02:26 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Deleted
    I've been mailed by blizzard with the free trial for 10 days, have played it a bit (so it's legit and stuff). I haven't even been innactive for 90 days.