Our very own Curse of Agony...

I was confused, till I realized.. then all confusion went away.

gnomes with demonic wings just feel so strange btw, just had to say it ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Who knows, maybe next expansion Locks will finally be able to tank. Sure the glyph is popular enough for it to be a possibility next xpac.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

1) take a SS with like 200k health so you actually look like a tank
    2) take a pic with the queue on CTA

10+ Year Old Account
    What I thought of: On caster mobs/bosses like Protector of Endless, wouldn't it be quite beneficial to use a Warlock tank? I you have the same 15% damage reduction as a tank, with soullink you can suck twice the heal a tank can, you have an absorb every 10s that works on magical damage and you can deal 100% of your normal damage after leaving Dark Apotheosis. What exactly would be the flaw in this, supposed you can hold aggro against the raid and there don't have to be tankswaps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmi View Post
    What I thought of: On caster mobs/bosses like Protector of Endless, wouldn't it be quite beneficial to use a Warlock tank? I you have the same 15% damage reduction as a tank, with soullink you can suck twice the heal a tank can, you have an absorb every 10s that works on magical damage and you can deal 100% of your normal damage after leaving Dark Apotheosis. What exactly would be the flaw in this, supposed you can hold aggro against the raid and there don't have to be tankswaps?
    Seems like that's definitely the point of this new glyph, a few niche fights where they can excel or even as "Oh Shit" for when the real tank dies. However the inability to pick tank kinda shows how much they want you doing it for real/full time. I would love to play lock tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Codyak View Post
    Seems like that's definitely the point of this new glyph, a few niche fights where they can excel or even as "Oh Shit" for when the real tank dies. However the inability to pick tank kinda shows how much they want you doing it for real/full time. I would love to play lock tank.
    You can't really use DA as an OH SHIT! mechanism since your taunt is only a provoce and you will lose aggro again after the 3s duration. The only viable option is to tank from the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Codyak View Post
    That's how I felt too until I learnt that the glyph Taunt doesn't actually work on Raid bosses. If it wasn't for the fact there are few glyphs of use anyway I would have ditched the glyph by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pure dps class isn't allowed to tank? Seems just fine to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    That's how I felt too until I learnt that the glyph Taunt doesn't actually work on Raid bosses. If it wasn't for the fact there are few glyphs of use anyway I would have ditched the glyph by now.
    Imp Swarm, Siphon Life, Soulstone. How often do you not get plenty of use out of those? O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Imp Swarm, Siphon Life, Soulstone. How often do you not get plenty of use out of those? O.o
    Aint Imp Swarm a dps loss by now? Also screw Soulstone, the others can rezz. I'd rather take Healthstone. Siphon Life is not that good as Demo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    For raids it's allready gone, I'm just using it for everyday use now, should have made that more clear.

I still like it for solo/daily/scenario maybe cause of the oshitoshit possibility of using it, but even in that im considering just using Healthstone glyph. I'm not too fond of the over time bit of it yet, I still have to get used to the fact my Healthstone is actually useful again, so I think about it too late usually in which case I need health NOW not over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmi View Post
    Aint Imp Swarm a dps loss by now? Also screw Soulstone, the others can rezz. I'd rather take Healthstone. Siphon Life is not that good as Demo.
    Not if you use it right, it's one of those things you need to make work for you. It offers a lot of burst and a chunk of Fury right when you need it, which is far more important and useful than sticking to a rigid priority queue developed for an encounter that is no longer relevant.

I think about it too late usually in which case I need health NOW not over time.
    Pretty much sums up exactly why I don't use that Glyph

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Pure dps class isn't allowed to tank? Seems just fine to me.
    Pretty much yeah.
    The glyph clearly doesn't make you a viable tank any more as we have known for months, why post this topic now?

Pretty sure it was stated awhile back that Locks still won't tank, they are kind of just a saving grace incase the tank wipes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stooe View Post
    Pretty sure it was stated awhile back that Locks still won't tank, they are kind of just a saving grace incase the tank wipes.
    Yeah, but that's the mindblowing thing: We can't actually taunt raidbosses with it! So tank goes down, and we go DA, and then have to hit the boss and hope he'll come to us instead of the healers, cause we can't do a bloody thing if he doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but that's the mindblowing thing: We can't actually taunt raidbosses with it! So tank goes down, and we go DA, and then have to hit the boss and hope he'll come to us instead of the healers, cause we can't do a bloody thing if he doesn't.
    DPS properly to begin with, you'll be top of threat pile and wont need to Taunt.

i don't even play lock but i agree wholeheartedly.. locks should get a tank spec. demonform ftw!

Wait, are you sure we can't taunt bosses? Does this affect other classes like Hunters and Shaman as well, or are we only person with pet-level taunt? This also would make stated role of glyph (said by GC himself) not usable?