What to update for better WoW performance?

Hello! I want to improve my FPS in 25man mode on ultra.

This is my computer:

Corsair TX 650W PSU
    ASUS P7H55-M PRO, Socket-1156
    Intel Core? i5 Quad Processor i5-760
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 1GB PhysX CUDA
    Western Digital Caviar® Black 1TB
    RAM: 4GB

Will buying a new video card increase my FPS?
    I know wow is very CPU dependent, but my CPU isn't that old. 2-3 years.

turn your graphics settings down? my computer is far below yours in terms of power and especially graphical power but I run ultraxion perfectly fine even on 25m. as for upgradeable parts I'm not sure, a new gpu would help yes but idk exactly how much.

Your CPU isn't that bad, But I'd get a newer GPU/8gb of ram.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121651 Would be a worthly cheap upgrade on the GPU
    Last edited by Enhshamanlol; 2012-09-24 at 08:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a couple of friends who are using similar builds (i5 750 + GTX460) and are happily raiding 25mans with some settings dropped, I don't see why you can't do the same. Are you maxing out Shadows or something? Also drop Particle Density down to High/Fair.

Overall your build is still a fairly well-rounded build for WoW...in 25mans your CPU is still your primary bottleneck. I encourage you to purchase an aftermarket cooler (e.g. Hyper212/612 or Gaia) and overclock your i5 to ~3.8ghz, which is easily attainable. That would be the most cost-effective performance upgrade in 25mans. Your motherboard is very much capable of OC'ing well, the features are there, just make sure you update to the latest bios first.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Your CPU isn't that bad, But I'd get a newer GPU/8gb of ram.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121651 Would be a worthly cheap upgrade on the GPU
    In this case a better GPU will do little or nothing to improve minimum framerates in 25mans. A better GPU will increase framerates in open world where the game doesn't become CPU-capped, but in intensive 25mans the CPU will remain the primary limiting factor. A GTX460 1gb is already more than enough.

Upgrading RAM will also do nothing for 25mans, not unless he is multi-tasking with applications running at the same time. But since RAM is dirt-cheap I suppose he could grab an 8GB kit.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-09-24 at 08:25 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

You don't need a new gcard, it is fine. I am using a 460 msi cyclone and I have beyond 80FPS with ultra settings. I have a brand new i5-3520, new mobo, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Windows 8, and an SSD. Upgrading your stuff in that order will give you massive boosts.

Your main problem is 4GB RAM no question about it. You will have to get 64x everything to utilize more RAM.

ultraxion 25 is probably one of the most stressing fights(esp if you keep going after the 5th minute mark), lower your settings and give it a go, you are not supposed to get "superb" performance, but you shouldnt go under 30 fps at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm running the same processor as you are, 8GB RAM, and an EVGA 460 SE, and I never drop below 40 FPS in raids. Playing at 1920x1080 + Ultra settings as well (with shadows turned down a notch). Playing on the 32bit WoW as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Funny how such a computer can run one of the best looking games ever made just fine, but fails with a 7 year old game ^^

Overclocking your CPU will give you better results.
    I use the same CPU, and I used to use a GTX460 1GiB (also Gigabyte).

I have no performance issues in Wow with the CPU at 3.8-4.0 GHz, although with shadows on lowest (only in 25mans, high otherwise).